Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...

Go down 
+125
OldChris
simmo2010
stoner1980
Selron
cozz25
Official Hypocrite
harryg
Sharingan Ranger
Karunamama
robbie
Chris
UncloudedFall
ARodomus
Blakops
Mike2010
soahc
zen3131
technics1210
nironi7
DSProtection
Bloodhound
Sharky1969
Zealot
Sharif H
Slag34
chulodog
LIVERLAD193
leoniekaya
lachat
Kai Kuehn
ivansiladji
BertB
Babu
darktim99
Lustâhn
McBane
D.M.B.
Higgy
dellboy7500
myga1123
DemonFace
tangle
James
Dave Faulkner
maija
empty cup
markh
kasumi
Shadow Sniper
mrmuaythai
roadkill
Sen
Constantine
joshua1905
ttruscott
Trench
Traceur
Louise
p.j
Jim
Adrian
SeanW
BXC8
Richard.Summers
chulodogo
AR7142
Terry E
JimmyV
bigade
cocktail
placibo
shield
zombie_bane
rct
thomaski
Lonewolf333
Quillhook
AndyF
k9nfm
ArmyJay
melvinferd
asfi
FABIEN
T.K.
Baldvin
Vic C
bobspour
MrDan
JS
Christophe
Southpaw
Serge
AKelly
thugsage
81silverado
Craig
geordie jim
Pete
VictorS
stuartm
Danish Tom
camerons-username
Matt
ronin
paulb
antonyh
Sergei
RichardB
Carl Sagan
ron
RCS
Eric Forsythe
Quietman
monkeyboy
hotdoggy1979
Ste
Kieron
Dominance
ncw
hk47
Ben
AdamM
Loki
Richard Grannon
pikeking
129 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
AKelly

AKelly

PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2008 1:02 am

Alright then...Here's my intro:

My name is Arnold Kelly and I'm from Odenville, Alabama USA. I'm 42 and married (16 YEARS on May 16th!) with two wonderful girls. I started my martial arts training when I was 16 in a Filipino style called Bicolano Kuntao. In fact it's the ONLY style that I've studied where I earned a black belt. Very Happy

As I've said before, I don't consider myself an "expert" by ANY stretch of the imagination. However, I was into RBSD WAY before it became the "fad" it is today. (Not a knock against Mr. Grannon or anyone in his company.) I have studied/practiced/researched a variety of other styles in the past. Escrima (as part of Bicolano Kuntao), Kali, Muay Thai, Silat, JKD Conepts, even a little grappling (these were all part of one system, called "System 7"). My current "loves" are WW2 Combatives and the martial arts of Medieval and Renaissance times. I find it fascinating that the "wrestling" moves taught to fighters in places like Germany and Italy were VERY similar, and in some cases IDENTICAL, to techniques taught in places like Japan or China.

I found Mr. Grannon's website, and this forum, when I saw the YouTube video of Bob Spour's SAS Secrets. I thought to myself, "Hell yeah! This is right up my alley!". Plus I am also interested in NLP, but found all the technical jargon to be a big pain in the arse...so I am interested in seeing how Mr. Grannon and Mr. Spour present it. What a Face

I intend on buying both the SAS Secret DVDs and the No Doubt, No Fear DVDs from your Ebay store very soon. Can't wait! cheers

Arnold Kelly
Back to top Go down
Serge

Serge

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptySun May 18, 2008 10:27 am

Hello,

my name is Serge. 48 years old, french canadian living in Brussels, Belgium.

Regular Richard's customer Wink
Glad to have found out about this place thru the newsletter.

Last edited by Serge on Thu May 29, 2008 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Southpaw

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptySun May 25, 2008 6:31 pm

I'm Chris, 18, Undergraduate at Uni of Manchester.

Currently am a super-middleweight boxing at Champs Camp, Moss Side. Have interests in all areas of MMA, all be it, kicking lacks the most interest. I'm more into grappling and throwing punches. I also do a bit of grappling with friends at a gym.
Go to the gym so have a good size upper body, but I have no particular interest in building my lower body, as i do like to fit in jeans and suit trousers and not trackie bottoms the whole time.

Looking to pick up tips really, and training techniques.

Never been in a fight to date, come close 3-4 times but all have been loudmouths who have walked off.

So yeah Hi.

Anyone know of training places or anything like MMA gyms around Brighton? If so PM me, cheers/
Back to top Go down
Ben

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptyWed May 28, 2008 11:17 am

Southpaw wrote:
I have no particular interest in building my lower body, as i do like to fit in jeans and suit trousers and not trackie bottoms the whole time.
I'd like to keep my legs how they are too, but I read that stronger legs mean a more powerful punch, so it maybe it could be worth building them up?
Back to top Go down
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptyWed May 28, 2008 4:03 pm

Hi all,

Thought I'd better say hello before I posted anything in the discussion forums.

All the best to everyone.
Chris
Back to top Go down
JS

JS

PostSubject: Hi everyone   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptySat May 31, 2008 3:35 am

Hello everyone. I'm new to most of this so I'll probably be asking loads of questions. This appears to be a very good forum and a friendly environment to spend some time. I'm happy and excited to be here and looking forward to learning and sharing ideas with good people. I am confident that this is the forum for me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MrDan

PostSubject: Evening All   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 8:56 pm

New to this site and just registered today after having a right good sift through the information on the site. Great stuff. I'm Dan, living in Worcestershire. Background-wise I;ve been training with a guy near Worcester for the last 4 years in a right old mix-match of a system called Second Way Kung Fu. I suppose it is pretty freestyle in that there are no set 'techniques' as such, there is no one way to staop a certain attack but the movement is intended to be quite chaotic/natural/unpredictable in the eyes of the attacker. For the last year I've been training with a guy in Baguazhang and, man, I love it. Call me hungry for knowledge but the more the merrier Very Happy

I'm not ascrapper, never have been and hopefully I'll never have to be but I am fascinated by the psychology and physical side of martial arts. I must admit, I am much less interested in 'forms', 'lineage' and all that although I do admit this is important for some guys and all respect to them if that's their thing. I just like to know that is push ever comes to shove I can shove and push back much harder and much faster Very Happy

Nice to be here!
Back to top Go down
bobspour

PostSubject: I finally found it!   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 10:37 pm

Hi everyone...I didn't even know that the forum had started up again and now that it has I just want to introduce myself...or at least let Richie know I am still about.

I look forward to all of your comments!!

Remember: The way you train is the way you will react...

Bob
Back to top Go down
http://www.sassurvival.co.uk
Vic C

Vic C

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 10:32 pm

Hi my name is Vic. 34 years of age and live in Southern California. I help a friend of mine teach self defense at his gym. Glad to be here.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 10:55 pm

Vic, welcome mate

Christophe, I only just realised who you are mate

sorry! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Baldvin

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 5:53 pm

Hi there all.
My name is Baldvin and I live in Reykjavík, Iceland. I stumbled upon Richie´s site through youtube and was instantly impressed. I've practiced and competed in TKD and tried some other martial arts but recently I've wanted to get down to business and really learn to defend myself. I´ve already ordered a dvd and I´ll definitely keep buying.

I´m interested in all forms of fighting (fight sports and such), football, basketball and some nerdy computer games.
Really happy to be a part of this forum and look forward to learning from everyone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
T.K.

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 6:33 pm

New to the site. Got a passing interest in street stuff because of my profesion as bouncer. I like Richie stuff. E's Good lad.
Back to top Go down
FABIEN

PostSubject: salut !   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 11:23 am

hello, bonjour Smile
My name is Fabien. I'm a 29 years old french, I'm living in the south of France near Toulouse.
I'm interested by the military world, specially the british Special Forces, living in the nature and surviving world in general.

best regards
Back to top Go down
http://www.22sas12.com/
asfi

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 5:27 am

Greetings, mate.

My name's Asfi. I'm a former bouncer and a current self-defence (volunteer) intstructor from Singapore. I'm going to be 30 very, very soon. Feel like i'm 50, though. The disadvantage of a wasted youth, I guess. Or maybe a youth spent wasted.

I'm a practitioner of Asian martial arts (mainly a derivative of Silat and Kung Fu inherited from my forefathers, taekwondo, muay thai) and scientific boxing.

Started out in kuntao silat when I was 5, handed down by my late grandad and my uncles. Took up taekwondo in high school, then muay thai and boxing while I was doing my national service in the Army. Also represented my Army unit for Boxing, Unarmed Combat and Bayonet Fighting competitions.

I deal with youths-at-risk (young gangsters, triad members, addicts and all those tough nuts) who are prone to violence, or have the potential to be caught up in violence. Maybe being a former youth-at-risk and triad member (also former) had something to do with it. Karma, I guess. I was hard to be around during those times, and these kids aren't any different.

Amongst the youths, this is where my traditional arts background kicks in. Sure, the bait for them is that they learn something about kicking ass, or maybe a killer-looking move or something, but it helps instil the discipline and control that could very well change a youth's aggressive mentality and lifestyle. Plus, it's the closest to boot camp that I can give these kids. I couldn't go any more than that 'cos it would seem too military and the social service I work with don't really want that.

At the same time, I take a realistic view on current violent behaviours.

No triad member will ask you to step into a ring with a ref just to beat the crap out of you.

Therefore, my interest in RBSD and also, the reason why I developed my own style is clear.

This forum has brought new insights and perceptions for me, and has been a great help in furthering my understanding of the dynamics, reactions to and consequences of a violent provocation and the response to it.

Cheers to all who contributed!

Don't hesitate to contribute, lads. We're always ready for a story or two, and a few points to argue too.

Pip pip, bally ho and all that!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
melvinferd

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 4:29 pm

hi,

my name is simon but melvin is also fine. been interested in the self protection side of things for a while but have very little real experience. training wise, done some boxing and a few other arts off and on over the years. i currently live in tokyo but occasionally visit the uk for a holiday and a bit of training.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 5:34 pm

irasshaimase! Cool
Back to top Go down
ArmyJay

PostSubject: Its me   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 11:41 pm

hello im Jay Jay Davey (yes thats my real name)
Im currently in year 10

Im joing the army when im older and i want to do judo i have been evoled with fighting all my life from the rough area of portsmouth i come from I have learnt self defence through study of the fight but this.. is Insparational stuff.

I have no expiernce in fighting but i am not afraid to say this
"Dont fear your Oppenment, Becuse dam right he aint afraid of you"

You guys are My Insparation Thank you.
Back to top Go down
k9nfm

PostSubject: Intro   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 9:40 pm

Hi all,
My name is Nick, I am from South Wales and am currently with South Wales Police as well as studying in University. I am aged 19 and have a background in Protection and Police dogs. Hope to learn from you all Very Happy !!

Regards

Nick
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 10:02 pm

i think i just this second sent u an emial mate, now there is a synchronicity
Back to top Go down
k9nfm

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 10:08 pm

lol!! Just read it mate, many thanks for the reply. Well as I have now joined this forum, it will be a great point of contact. I will keep looking out for courses though. Have read about Bobs courses and have probs with some dates due to work and Uni. But am definitely interested to learn from you all so will see what I can do and keep in touch.

Regards

Nick
Back to top Go down
AndyF

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 3:54 pm

Hows it going all?
Im Andrew and i live in sunny newcastle, i have lurked in the forum but only recently got my sh*t together.
I did some martial arts when i was younger but im keen to start again and was wondering if anyone could recommend me a class in newcastle?
Back to top Go down
Quillhook

Quillhook

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 4:48 pm

Hi everyone. My real name is Tim. I’ve been interested in the martial arts since around the age of 16 when I started learning Shaolin Mok Ka Kung Fu, but I haven’t always trained consistently over the years. I switched from Kung Fu to Ninjutsu and I still believe that art has a lot more to offer than the gymnastics and compliant training commonly labelled Ninjutsu on the internet. More recently I’ve also started some RBSD / Combatives classes and I’m really benefiting from adding powerful pre-emptive strikes, dialogue and plenty of forward drive to my arsenal.

My other interests include artwork, writing and spirituality. Although I don’t know much about NLP, I’m interested in the links between what NLP does and what traditional magical systems do with symbolism and unconscious suggestion.

I’ve found Richard and Bob’s DVDs and clips helpful and interesting. It seems like this forum strikes a nice balance between looking at the subtleties of self-protection and keeping it all quite practical too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninjutsu.org.uk
Lonewolf333

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 4:12 am

Hi,

I been posting already but I haven't introduced myself properly.

My name is Philip, I'm from Canada. I am interested in martial arts and self protection philosophy so naturally I was drawn to this forum.

I am 21.

As far as martial arts goes, I got Judo experience and I have an orange belt in Ju-Jitsu. I used to box as an amatuer boxer. I had a few fights and such, it was fun and a good learning experience but I left that when I started school for psychology and human services.
Back to top Go down
thomaski

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 1:46 am

Hi all,

I'm Tom, a 21 year old student from Reading (ok I'm lying but near enough), and am at university in Birmingham.

I have done a small amount of self defense/martial arts in the form of judo when I was younger and had a short introduction to muay thai about 1 or 2 years ago. Since then I have been lazy and done nothing of the sort. however I intend to find some muay thai lessons near Reading in the summer, and in Birmingham from next Autumn.

The forums seem like a great place with loads of guidance etc, so I'm more than happy to have stumbled across them tonight and have re-kick-started my interest in self protection.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rct

PostSubject: just a quick hi   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 6:57 am

hi all great vid's richy some real good info.
i am 36 and i am a CEO (civil enforcement officer)
the reason i am here is my employer dose not offer any kind of self defence training what so ever and in my job it can get right ugly real fast.
so in being here i hope to gain some good insight into dealing with the everyday tuff situations i may find myself in.

thanks all
RCT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Street Fight Secrets :: General-
Jump to: