Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...

Go down 
+125
OldChris
simmo2010
stoner1980
Selron
cozz25
Official Hypocrite
harryg
Sharingan Ranger
Karunamama
robbie
Chris
UncloudedFall
ARodomus
Blakops
Mike2010
soahc
zen3131
technics1210
nironi7
DSProtection
Bloodhound
Sharky1969
Zealot
Sharif H
Slag34
chulodog
LIVERLAD193
leoniekaya
lachat
Kai Kuehn
ivansiladji
BertB
Babu
darktim99
Lustâhn
McBane
D.M.B.
Higgy
dellboy7500
myga1123
DemonFace
tangle
James
Dave Faulkner
maija
empty cup
markh
kasumi
Shadow Sniper
mrmuaythai
roadkill
Sen
Constantine
joshua1905
ttruscott
Trench
Traceur
Louise
p.j
Jim
Adrian
SeanW
BXC8
Richard.Summers
chulodogo
AR7142
Terry E
JimmyV
bigade
cocktail
placibo
shield
zombie_bane
rct
thomaski
Lonewolf333
Quillhook
AndyF
k9nfm
ArmyJay
melvinferd
asfi
FABIEN
T.K.
Baldvin
Vic C
bobspour
MrDan
JS
Christophe
Southpaw
Serge
AKelly
thugsage
81silverado
Craig
geordie jim
Pete
VictorS
stuartm
Danish Tom
camerons-username
Matt
ronin
paulb
antonyh
Sergei
RichardB
Carl Sagan
ron
RCS
Eric Forsythe
Quietman
monkeyboy
hotdoggy1979
Ste
Kieron
Dominance
ncw
hk47
Ben
AdamM
Loki
Richard Grannon
pikeking
129 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Babu

Babu

PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptyThu May 28, 2009 10:47 am

Cheers Russell.

Good to see somebody else who understands my basic rule of nutrition, we are what we eat and fish eat shit.
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptyThu May 28, 2009 10:53 am

lol!

i'm picturing men with food trays outside a brick shit house--a line forming, and the
cook affraid a great big man at the bowl, filling up on shell fish and other delictables

lol! lol! lol!

...the sad thing is that i could keep these stories coming for days--regarding
sea creatures and their unusual habits and/or the biological services they
offer to their environments. the worst of the lot--and then i'll just have to stop
myself from continuing, are the mollusks [oysters/clams/etc]. these virtual
cigarette filters of the sea often get swallowed raw, even as they are the
the toilet brushes of the surf.
my old TKD instructor used to have a 50 gallon salt water tank with, among
other things, a lion fish [those peacocked tropical fish with many stinging spines].
he wasn't thrilled to clean the tank, naturally, so he took to dropping about 1/2
dozen live oysters into that 50 gallon tank...30 minutes later what previously looked
like bilge water looked instead like distilled water. where'd all the mucky fish poo
water go? do you oysters know? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:57 pm

Hi Babu .... Welcome!
And if you are not into engineered food products, lets hope you don't eat margarine either ... I read a while ago how it came to be developed ...nasty (why isn't there a vomiting emoticon? Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
RichardB

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptyThu May 28, 2009 11:14 pm

Ah, I'm not the only one who looks suspiciously at "that which eats poo." Laughing

The sea and anything in it has never been the same after I discovered where sewer ended up. I think there's some kind of cognitive break in most people on stuff like this. They know intellectually that what you flush in the toilet runs into the sea. But what the monkey mind percieves is that it disappears when you flush it.

"Besides the sea is so big" they might say. Although 7 billion people all sitting there "laying out cables" makes you wonder if the water doesen't become just a bit more murky from it. Shocked Laughing
Or at least it would if the sea creatures weren't gobbling it all up. affraid
Back to top Go down
Babu

Babu

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptySat May 30, 2009 3:55 pm

Warnings against hydrogenated food product, filthy fish tales and the monkey mind.

What greater welcome could a man ask for?
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptySat May 30, 2009 4:12 pm

to be honest Babu, Im totally lost! Razz

But welcome to the forum mate!

fishpooeatingsecrets.com?
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
BertB

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 5:31 pm

My name is Bert. I am 39 years old.

Background: Wing Chun and Jiu Jitsu

Currently involved in medieval swordfighting.

I visit the UK every year in octobre. (Leeds)

Up till now I always have a good time in the UK.

cheers,
Bert Bruijnen
Back to top Go down
ivansiladji

ivansiladji

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 12:17 pm

Hey everyone.

My name is Ivan, I'm from OZ. I've just turned 23. I'm founder of The Art of All Ways, a raw "mentality" of self defence if you like. Live and breathe this stuff.

Anyone from OZ on this forum?

Cheers,

Ivan
http://www.realselfdefence.com.au
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 12:41 pm

hiya mate[ivan],
i'd love to hear more about your system...and welcome.
-russ

and a hello to you Bert [missed the intro thread for a bit]
...welcomes to all
Babu wrote///
"Warnings against hydrogenated food product, filthy fish tales and the monkey mind.

What greater welcome could a man ask for?"

lol!
Richie wrote///
"to be honest Babu, Im totally lost!

But welcome to the forum mate!

fishpooeatingsecrets.com?"

cheers lol!

i've got to read the intros more often cheers
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 1:33 pm

Hi Bert and Ivan!
Welcome.

Hey Bert - Do you know the SWARTA group in Belgium? I met them a few years back. Nice group of guys.
Back to top Go down
BertB

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 2:45 pm

maija wrote:
Hi Bert and Ivan!
Welcome.

Hey Bert - Do you know the SWARTA group in Belgium? I met them a few years back. Nice group of guys.

Hi Maija,

I know of that group and they have a good reputation, further I heard that they are good amrtial artists too.
I haven't had the chance to meet these guys yet, but that is due to my own busy schedule.

From what I know and what I hear these SWARTA people are really worth the effort of meeting them.

Cheers,
Bert Bruijnen
Back to top Go down
ivansiladji

ivansiladji

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 3:27 pm

Hey Russ (and everyone else),

RE: I'd like to here more about your system.

"The Art of All Ways", a name which is irrelavent but none-the-less I will probably be changing in the near future as it is often missleading, is a system, or rather, a mentality of fighting. Regardless, The Art of All Ways bridges simple tools with human psychology through neuro-associative conditioning to teach raw skills in the shortest time possible that are as practical as humanly recognisable. We aim to keep things raw and real and train such that we condition our subconcious (thus why its a mentality), this way "you are the fight" rather than being in it, if that makes sense.

We understand that the brain can be "hard wired" with proper conditioning to react in certain ways by conditioning certain triggers and we take advantage of this to minimise the chances of "victims" shutting down should they find themselves in an attack or threat of some sort.

Rather than teach fine motor skills, we keep it simple by going with what normal people would do in an attack... chances are a normal person would find it near impossible to split the line of an incoming jab and counter but rather would find it much easier to cover up with one arm while thrusting their fingers into your face repeatadly. This appears more aggressive to your psychology but I feel is more intelligent and functional.

The Art of All Ways is a forever evolving system and is very research based. It has core concepts and principles to make it easy to learn but it is by far no means complete, no will, or should, it ever be, other wise it would become a style, and this is by far not the intention. I don't own it, nor does anyone really, it becomes your personality, a fancy way for saying your conditioned with it, it forms part of your psychological blueprint.

To my suprise I found what I was researching and developing to be very similar to Richard Grannons and Rich Dimitris stuff, kinda made me feel good, like I had hit the nail on the head over here in OZ, haha.

This should probably be enough for now, otherwise it will sound like I'm advertising the dam thing. Haha. I am in the final stages of publishing the first book based on where it stands to date, it would prob be a good idea to post up news on that on the forum in case anyone is interested in reading more.

Cheers for now.

Ivan Siladji
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 4:06 pm

awesome mate (ivan),
you really have come to the right place--a 2nd home. there'll always be
subtle philosophical differences, but i'll wager you fit in quite well here.
good on the rigor that got you to that junction, i'm even more interested
now in hearing about it, and hearing your take to some of the posts here.
often that's a good way of getting a taste of the undogmatic insights that
you'll be putting in your book. thanks for elaborating cheers

-russ
Back to top Go down
Kai Kuehn

Kai Kuehn

PostSubject: Kai from germany   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 10:36 am

Hi there,

my name is Kai Kuehn and I am practising and teaching Escrima in Bremen, Germany.

For me, Escrima is a "fighting system/idea/method/whatever" for self-protection with and without weapons (from sticks via blades to whatever you take into your hands).

See you on the forum...

Kai
Back to top Go down
http://www.escrimatraining.de
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 1:51 pm

Hi Kai,
Nice to have another Eskrimador on the forum - welcome!
Back to top Go down
lachat

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 7:50 pm

Hi everyone

I have trained in wing chun for 2 years but Im not training at the moment, Im a fitness instructeur and I have been weight training for years, I come aross street fight secrets about a year ago and have been training solo since then. great dvd's
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 8:18 pm

hello Kai and Ivan, nice to see regular customers coming onto the forum Very Happy

Hiya Lachat, welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
leoniekaya

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 3:05 pm

HI

My name is leonie kaya, I live in the netherlands and I work in the health department with people with mental retardation and agression ( autistic )

I learn a lot in daily life, in the gym I follow combat lessons, and these lessons are wonderful

thank u all

leonie

flower
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 10:03 pm

welcome to the forum Leonie
Back to top Go down
LIVERLAD193

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 11:21 am

Hi all,

My Introduction: My name is Lee I'm from Liverpool, have trained in traditional Ju Jitsu for a number of years earlier and now train in Lau Gar Kickboxing, aswell as general gym work 3 times a week.

Am enjoying reading through some of the stuff on here and Richies Youtube vids!

Lee
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 4:52 pm

Hiya Lee

you training with Bernie and Gary by fakakerley Hospital by any chance?

welcome to the forum mate

Richie
Back to top Go down
LIVERLAD193

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 5:14 pm

Hey ritchie,

Is there anyone who Bern doesn't know!? Yes I train with Bern in one of his other classes, still TMAS club but just not the Liverpool gym.

Thanks for the welcome!
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 10:18 pm

Bernie is a legend

Bern and Gary knew me way before I produced my first DVD mate, I knew them when I first started on the door, looooong time ago now Very Happy good lads, good martial artists
Back to top Go down
chulodog

chulodog

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 7:30 pm

hey? the forum is back??

haha, still banned as chulodogo, but chulodog is the same, hey guys? everything oke?
greets sunny
Back to top Go down
MopBop

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 8:33 pm

Hey everyone,

Been watching some of Richard's youtube vids and was just wondering if there was a self-defence group/class thats worth a damn in the Glasgow area?

I'm 27 and pretty scrawny/unfit, so I've been meaning to get some exercise and learn how to defend myself . Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Thanks all
Doug.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Street Fight Secrets :: General-
Jump to: