Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...

Go down 
+125
OldChris
simmo2010
stoner1980
Selron
cozz25
Official Hypocrite
harryg
Sharingan Ranger
Karunamama
robbie
Chris
UncloudedFall
ARodomus
Blakops
Mike2010
soahc
zen3131
technics1210
nironi7
DSProtection
Bloodhound
Sharky1969
Zealot
Sharif H
Slag34
chulodog
LIVERLAD193
leoniekaya
lachat
Kai Kuehn
ivansiladji
BertB
Babu
darktim99
Lustâhn
McBane
D.M.B.
Higgy
dellboy7500
myga1123
DemonFace
tangle
James
Dave Faulkner
maija
empty cup
markh
kasumi
Shadow Sniper
mrmuaythai
roadkill
Sen
Constantine
joshua1905
ttruscott
Trench
Traceur
Louise
p.j
Jim
Adrian
SeanW
BXC8
Richard.Summers
chulodogo
AR7142
Terry E
JimmyV
bigade
cocktail
placibo
shield
zombie_bane
rct
thomaski
Lonewolf333
Quillhook
AndyF
k9nfm
ArmyJay
melvinferd
asfi
FABIEN
T.K.
Baldvin
Vic C
bobspour
MrDan
JS
Christophe
Southpaw
Serge
AKelly
thugsage
81silverado
Craig
geordie jim
Pete
VictorS
stuartm
Danish Tom
camerons-username
Matt
ronin
paulb
antonyh
Sergei
RichardB
Carl Sagan
ron
RCS
Eric Forsythe
Quietman
monkeyboy
hotdoggy1979
Ste
Kieron
Dominance
ncw
hk47
Ben
AdamM
Loki
Richard Grannon
pikeking
129 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
ttruscott

PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 10:48 pm

Hi guys,

I haven't seen a name I know yet except Mr. Grannon's but I'm sure I know some of you... Smile

Well then,

my first post here though I’ve been posting on forums since they were invented and have moderated a few in my time.

I’m fairly single focused - self defence for seniors, though I also enjoy playing the cello, reading and doing bonsai.

I tend to read more than I post and I’m looking forward to going through all the past posts.

I’ve had quite a bit of time in with martial arts and self defence and I am quite willing to answer questions. I’m no expert but I do know a lot of experts!

Ted

Self defence for seniors and women

“Fear, not compassion, restrains the wicked.”
Back to top Go down
joshua1905

joshua1905

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 2:48 am

Hi im Josh, I am 16 from Warrington.

Been doing Kickboxing for 3 months and really enjoy it. Shortest introduction ever award goes to me Cool
Back to top Go down
Constantine

PostSubject: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 8:02 pm

Hey Guys,

Im Rick, early 30's.

Studied Martial Arts as a Kid, until I got my A** kicked. I then came across Military Combatives and have been a student of it for some years now as well as an avid studend of the Combat Mindset. My Job (Law Enforcement) allows me to try and apply my skills in the field, & get some fun while Im at it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sen

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 4:36 am

Hi,

names John and I'm 26. Been training Defendo a reality based self defense system in Vancouver Canada for 2 years. I am really interested and have been for some time in NLP and was shocked and amazed to find someone has actually brought the two together. thanks Richard.

this forum looks very cool. I cant wait to dive right in and join in the conversations.

- John
Back to top Go down
http://www.defendo.com
roadkill

roadkill

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 3:10 pm

Hi,

Been training for over 20 years now and I still dont know anything. I have some real world experience and a ton of studying people and street level fights. So I guess that's about it.

Oh... and Hi Rich.
Back to top Go down
VictorS

VictorS

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 4:44 pm

Hey Roadkill.
Back to top Go down
cocktail

cocktail

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 4:58 pm

Sup Roadkill....welcome aboard
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 5:01 pm

Hi Roadkill, nice to have you here mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
mrmuaythai

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 1:28 pm

hello all ,
Craig in Spain here , more or less beginner in all things " fight " .

thanks
Back to top Go down
Shadow Sniper

Shadow Sniper

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 6:19 pm

not big into martial arts, used to box and do some thai, been a doorman for 9 years now, interested in Richie's stuff

Fran
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadowsniper.com
kasumi

kasumi

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 11:37 pm

My name is David. I've been in the arts for just over 20 yrs and 57yrs old. Began in TMA, (goju ryu) and the last several years I've been looking at other systems and stuff that is more practical for the world that seems to be in state of moral decay.

I see as I age, or anyone ages they could be targeted as an easy mark. I'm not going to let that happen to me or those that depend on me.

Thanks for having me.
Back to top Go down
markh

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 12:01 am

Hi all,

Mark H here from South central Pennsylvania. I've been involved in some kind of martial art/ martial sport/ selfdefense
training for about 37 years....everything from wrestling, boxing, karate, judo, kungfu, and eventually just your basic RBSD or combatives.....I'm also a "use of force" trainer in my department (going on 21 years as a LEO) so yes I also train using firearms as well.

Hope to get some more good information from others outside of the U.S. as well as some of "my fellow Americans".

I appreciate the view points of others outside the microcosim of the U.S. Learned that travelling all over the world in my younger days....I'm 47 years old.

Keep safe and train hard/smart, Mark H
Back to top Go down
empty cup

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 7:19 am

hi there from Australia

my name is joel and im 22 years old and been training for 12 of them in a variety of arts including TKD, Silat, Kempo and my current art Henry Sue Chow Gar Southern Mantis Kung fu

heres a clip of our art
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0wRqR9J8WA

looking foward to future discussions and learning a great deal about the psycology of fighting...i have learnt alot from youtube clips already

thankyou Master Grannon
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 11:41 am

hi Joel

interesting coincidence I was researching mantis kung fu after having a drunken but fascinating chat with a mantis guy in a karaoke club in liverpool and your school's videos were among the most impressive- very "combative" looking stuff, I would love to train mantis but the best schools round here dont let "gwei-lo"s in.... racist bastids! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 08, 2008 3:54 pm

Hi guys,
My name is Maija. I'm a Euro Mutt, grew up in the UK and have been in the US for the last 15 years or so.
I've been doing martial arts for over 20 years - Fencing, Chinese Internals, Eskrima, Toyama Ryu Battodo and there are clips of 2 of my primary teachers below if you are interested.
I found Mr Grannon and Mr Spour on Youtube as I was surfing one rainy day , and not only really enjoyed all the clips I watched, I found they combined many things that I am personally interested in - martial arts, psychology, strategy, tactics, etc etc, all based on real world experience.
That fact that art and violence can come together interests me no end because it doesn't seem to make any sense!! but I've seen it in my teachers, both of whom were fighters, Luo in full contact fighting in a sport context, and Sonny on the streets of the Philippines.
I teach both systems, and hope to cross train and interact with people who have real world experience to see what is worthy and what is not in what I teach. I believe there is much good information to be found in all systems, it's just that most people have forgotten how, why, when and if to use it. I don't have any personal street fighting secrets, but hope to learn from those that do ......
I am most drawn to the weapon arts - sticks are good, swords are better! and though I am not going to walk around my neighborhood with a pinuti or katana down the back of my long and flowing leather coat, at least I'll be ready when the zombies come .......

Maija.

Luo De Xiu. Bagua Zhang
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xBzvs4Fisw

Sonny Umpad. Visayan Eskrima
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuzwV3gmdl0
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 08, 2008 8:22 pm

welcome aboard Maija!

chainsaw jitsu is best for them zombies Very Happy

didnt know you did ba gua as well, its an art Im interested in, would love to know more about it
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 2:35 am

Thanks Richie,
Would love to share some Bagua info. Perhaps I'll start a thread instead of adding here ..... "Why walking around and around in circles turns out to be quite good for you" ....? Laughing
PS: Is there a chainsaw-do?
Back to top Go down
Dave Faulkner

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 10:34 am

I am Dave Faulkner, I am 28yrs of age at time of posting, I started boxing when I was 7 but my Martial Arts life really took off when I was 11 when I started Wrestling!

I started competing at 14 in Freestyle Wrestling then had my first Vale Tudo Fight at 22, at 23 I won the ISCF English Vale Tudo Title! I since fought & won 3 bouts in Muay Thai/ Kick Boxing & won multiple titles in Judo & Submission Wrestling! I made my return to MMA in 2004 fighting on the first MMA show in Liverpool and have not looked back since!

I now train at the Wolfslair in Widness and teach at Fitness 2000 in Birkenhead!

I also worked the Door in Liverpool for 9yrs and thats what give me the idea for the DVD (THAT COMES OUT TODAY) but it was Richards good work that made it a reality!!!
Back to top Go down
James

James

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 10:20 pm

Hi im James, im 17 and im still currently at college. I have no martial arts experience! However i do enjoy the videos and articles published by Bob and by Richard, Im unsure what to do after college but am currently considering attempting to join the army, and attempt to join the Parachute Regiment.
Back to top Go down
tangle

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 7:39 am

hey yall
im in melbourne australia(looking for training partners!).
i have wide but not very deep experience with martial arts
aikido, ninjutsu, wing chun, northern shaolin, southern mantis, bagua , swimming dragon, capoeira and lots of stuff rom books vids etc.
im good at being a beginner!
recently im especially interested in rbsd stuff, researching the fence, senshido, richards stuff etc
currently doing one of those 12 week strength training thingies.
thinking to save/Christmas request for the beta-8 set.
Back to top Go down
DemonFace

DemonFace

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 2:15 pm

How's it goin' Fellas,

I'm Chris and I'll be 24 in April. I'm originally from New Jersey but since my enlistment have lived in Maryland and currently Georgia. I have little solid martial arts experience, but I have attended some taijutsu classes. Its hard for me to make it to training because I get deployed all over the states whenever they feel like sending me (usually right after I make plans to spend some time with my girlfriend.)
I saw an SFS youtube vid months ago and have been hooked.
Since I was little I felt I was hardwired for violence (despite my parents preaching’s of peace) and now that I know that there are more people are out there like me, I don't feel so out casted.
Back to top Go down
roadkill

roadkill

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 3:10 pm

Hi DemonFace... welcome

Your avatar is interesting... I recieved that image once during a hacker attack on one of my sites and that is the image they used to try and replace all my data. Wasnt you was it? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DemonFace

DemonFace

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 3:54 pm

Nope, not me. I found this on google.

I'm lucky I can remember my login password Bro.

And hackers are on my shitlist. If the address of the guy who hacked my computer last year arrived in the mail, I would take some leave and murder him and burn his house down.
Back to top Go down
myga1123

PostSubject: Hello all..   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 2:09 am

Myron here, from the U.S. New Orleans to be exact.. 26 years training/teaching in reality based martial arts. My background consists mainly of Muay Thai and Japanese Jujitsu. I am a police officer by trade, and teach as my 2nd job. I do group classes, private lessons, and seminars.

In addition, I am a state licensed MMA referee for Louisiana.

Myron
Back to top Go down
dellboy7500

dellboy7500

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 6:52 pm

My name is Paul,im 38 and have lived in Norway for the last 12\13 years.Ive been recovering from a servere beating i took on a football pitch 2 yrs ago.I was attacked by a football for no reason what so ever!!I went down like a sack of shit Embarassed It looked like a ied going of on the side line!!!football 1 English man 0 Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed 7 wrist ops and 2 ankle ops later im ready to try and get back in shape cheers Ive been keeping an eye on this web site for a long time now and have decided its time to pull my finger out affraid So im proud to say that im going to buy the starter pack and give it 15 to 20 mins i`ll be like Jackie chan( iknow iknow ....it will take at least an hour) All joking aside, im looking forward to start training and getting back in shape(at the moment i look like im 9 months preggy and ready to give birth!!.....to an elephant Sad )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...   PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF... - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF...
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Street Fight Secrets :: General-
Jump to: