Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any one here train for what Geoff Thompson calls the ECOND ENEMY=THe LAW?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
muchtolearn

muchtolearn

Any one here train for what Geoff Thompson calls the ECOND ENEMY=THe LAW? Empty
PostSubject: Any one here train for what Geoff Thompson calls the ECOND ENEMY=THe LAW?   Any one here train for what Geoff Thompson calls the ECOND ENEMY=THe LAW? EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 6:03 am

Just wondering. In the following thread are profession advice from US LE and Lawyers on how to interact with LE after an assault so you as the defender don't put your foot in your mouth and wind up in prison for protecting yourself and what the perp's lawyer's strategy will be to get their client off.

Dealing with the postassault phase Talking to first responders and the courts

http://senshido.savi.ca/viewtopic.php?t=3251
Warren......Hey Richie, why don't you make a vidclip on how to talk to LE after successfully protecting your self?
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: Any one here train for what Geoff Thompson calls the ECOND ENEMY=THe LAW?   Any one here train for what Geoff Thompson calls the ECOND ENEMY=THe LAW? EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 7:20 am

thought the law was the third enemy?
first and second being the guy infront of you and the inner opponent.
Back to top Go down
RichardB

PostSubject: Re: Any one here train for what Geoff Thompson calls the ECOND ENEMY=THe LAW?   Any one here train for what Geoff Thompson calls the ECOND ENEMY=THe LAW? EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 2:29 pm

The way I see it, the legal system as it stands in most parts of the world is a really odd contraption. Almost like some kind of device MacGyver could have made with a roll of duct tape and a pile of clutter. It's complicated enough just on paper with all the gazillion paragraphs, but when humans enter the system they just clog up the works and it all turns into the old monkey-business that fills the rest of society. Everyone is running around throwing feces at one another while trying to steal as many bananas for themselves as possibe.

While people say it's the best we have, it's based on a lot of shoddy presuppositions. I.e., that people have accurate memories - for witness testimony and the like - and we'd like to think we do, but research shows that our memory is very unreliable. It is also assumed that people usually think logically, which is a rarity, and that they know what they're talking about, but ignorance just seems to make people even more willing to blab on, and with increased certainty of being right. And that's just to mention a few things.

That alone is pretty bad in itself but the legal battlefield can be just as sneaky and underhanded as the streets. It's just the hunting ground of a different type of sociopath. Maybe it once had aspirations of serving "justice" whatever that was, but these days the courtroom seems more like some twisted form of gladiatorial arena where you win freedom and money by anything from outright lying, "creative truthtelling" and skillfully using the gazillion paragraphs and regulations to get more points than the other party to get off on technicalities or some such thing. So if this is the clusterfuck you're being dragged into, having some solid preparation in the form of RBLD, if you will, is sure to help. It all begins with familiarising yourself with what actually happens there.

I recently found a book on the relevant laws for my country at a local bookstore. The price tag said - after exchange rate - £77 but thankfully I think the cahsier fucked up because I only paid about £9 for it. If ever there was a time for it, that was probably it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
DaveCollins

PostSubject: Re: Any one here train for what Geoff Thompson calls the ECOND ENEMY=THe LAW?   Any one here train for what Geoff Thompson calls the ECOND ENEMY=THe LAW? EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 4:29 pm

Last edited by DaveCollins on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
muchtolearn

muchtolearn

PostSubject: Re: Any one here train for what Geoff Thompson calls the ECOND ENEMY=THe LAW?   Any one here train for what Geoff Thompson calls the ECOND ENEMY=THe LAW? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 3:13 pm

Good info on the IPDA link Dave..What did the instructors advice you on how to respond when questioned by LE after a SP incident?

Most US instructors, active LEs, lawyers have adviced "Excuse me officer, i would love to cooperate with u, but I would feel more comfortable after speaking to my lawyer....then "faint" and be taken by paramedics to hosptial.Since right after the SP incident, ur still amped up on adrenaline and might say something u may regret and used by u in court.
W
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any one here train for what Geoff Thompson calls the ECOND ENEMY=THe LAW?   Any one here train for what Geoff Thompson calls the ECOND ENEMY=THe LAW? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any one here train for what Geoff Thompson calls the ECOND ENEMY=THe LAW?
Page 1 of 1