Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Training Courses?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MrDan

Training Courses? Empty
PostSubject: Training Courses?   Training Courses? EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 8:12 am

Hi Richie.

Quick question here to see if you have a list of events/training courses that you are doing in the coming months? Not sure where you are based or where the courses are held but I'd be interested in having a nose through to see if I can make any of them..

Cheers,
Dan
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

Training Courses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Courses?   Training Courses? EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 11:31 am

Dan

thanks for the question mate, I get one email asking this every other day so it would be nice to clear some things up

1. I no longer live in Liverpool or London or Newcastle so I wont be doing courses there nor can I do private sessions in those areas- sorry!

In Birkenhead/Liverpool area I can recommend Gary Sandlands Kickboxing Class and the MMA class both held at Fitness 2000 (its got a good weights area and if you join the gym you get martial arts classes free)... I think the MMA class there is run by one of Michael Bispings instructors from the Wolf's Lair gym... anyway its really good and gives you a chance to get in a cage too if you like that sort of thing.
Gary Sandland doesnt teach RBSD as such but is a doorman of many years and will show you some good, experience- based kickboxing/applied karate/evil thug nastiness at the end of the class if that is your cup of tea.

I can also highly recommend next generation MMA , paul rimmer and jason tan, who teach out of elite martial arts in birkenhead and the old 051 building in liverpool.

I cant recommend any RBSD, str33t fight, tactical urban ninja instructors in the north west because the only ones I know directly I simply wouldnt recommend over a good kickboxing/muaythai or MMA class.

There is another chap who teaches something called "short arm jujitsu" in Liverpool who I trained with years ago and I know many local doormen train with him regularly (from what I can remember its a combination of muay thai style striking and stand up bujitsu nastiness- good stuff)... googled it, his name is Jimmy Davison

In London I can recommend GymBox gym in Holborn, white collar boxing, muay thai and MMA classes all come as part of the membership

2. I have NO plans to run ANY courses this year, but I will be running one with 5 star martial arts who are currently following the SFS syllabus of www.beta-8.com
so if you want a course in the meantime, I recommend contacting Adam and getting down to Lincoln for a session with him and his fellow instructor Dean

3. The other person you want to get in touch with is Bob Spour, who is of course my instructor. Why train with me when you can just get it from the source? Very Happy
Most of what I teach physically and psychologically is either from Bob or adapted from Bob
his main website is www.sassurvival.co.uk www.sassurvival.co.uk
Bob is really, really busy at the moment, so he is hard to get in touch with and you should expect to pay proper money for his time. I say this because Bob is a nice guy with a tendency to undercharge, especially for friends of friends. So if you get in contact with him and throw my name in the hat please dont expect (or allow Bob to let you) to pay less than 60 quid an hour for his time.

Lets be clear, for those of you who dont fully understand Samurai codes of conduct: if you get in touch with him as a result of my recommendation, I expect you to INSIST on paying properly as a matter of respect pirat

I mean it, dont make me kick your ass.

Seriously, Bob is in my opinion the best of the best.
As an NLP instructor/practitioner there is NO ONE better. Trust me, Im a very harsh judge of instructors and therapists.

So, he is hard to get hold of and expensive. Its a bit of a Zen test to train with him then isnt it? Dont come whingeing to me either. I persevered, so can you.

Bob is running a training programme at the moment with the possibility (if you demonstrate an excellent level of skill) of becoming an instructor under him in "Ultimate Self Protection".

DO NOT CONTACT ME regarding this programme. Contact the instructors Bob Spour or Richard Yeoman.

Thats it.
king
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
AdamM

Training Courses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Courses?   Training Courses? EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 10:02 pm

with regards to Richie mentioning my club, we're in Grantham in Lincs.

We split our time between Richies Beta-8 Syllabus and our own kickboxing syllabus.

If anyone's close enough, by all means drop me a PM and we'll get you over. When Richie comes over for a seminar, trusted forum members aer welcome to make up the numbers too. That'll be early Autumn I expect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Training Courses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Courses?   Training Courses? Empty

Back to top Go down

Training Courses?
Page 1 of 1