Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Training video

Go down 
+2
Blakops
roadkill
6 posters
AuthorMessage
roadkill

roadkill

Training video Empty
PostSubject: Training video   Training video EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 1:58 am

Thought I would throw out a video or two I took tonight of me and some students. Just a casual sort of freestyle session, where you attack anyway you like and respond anyway you like. I’m the old skinny guy in black. I’m still not up to par from the surgery yet, still a couple months away from that. But I try to still mix it up a little, I just told them not to hit me in the chest… Dam that would suck right now.Shocked

1 of 2

2 of 2

Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

Training video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training video   Training video EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 11:30 am

Excellent Phil!! Nice to see you so well & kicking ass in school.

This class is separate from the Marshall Security Combatives? I looked at that site last week. You are a busy man- explains the surgery, still not chilling out though as we can see by the tape.

What is the base art in the vids? Noticed the SPEAR alot for entries. Is it an amalgam?

Anyway, great vids & checkout your bad self, looking like a model for a male hair product.

Can I ask, why not invest in a breast plate? There is some good Krav related kit about, keep the stricture about the chest being off limits but I bet you get close calls, just saw a feew on tape.

Hope you are doing well this week. Take care.
Back to top Go down
roadkill

roadkill

Training video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training video   Training video EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 3:28 pm

Blakops wrote:

This class is separate from the Marshall Security Combatives? I looked at that site last week. You are a busy man- explains the surgery, still not chilling out though as we can see by the tape.

Yes, separate classes, this was actually my Hapkido group. I know it doesn't look like Hapkido. Well... I separate joint locking mentality from street self defense. As I say all the time in class, My first choice is not a joint lock, it is to drop them. Then when they are unconscious, you can easily put them into any lock you wish. Very Happy So what we do is work street, then locking, and finish with street. Many of the people I work with are in professional positions where control and restraint is also what they need.

Blakops wrote:
What is the base art in the vids? Noticed the SPEAR alot for entries. Is it an amalgam?

Much of that entry came from a ishinryu karate guy I trained with long ago, before spear was invented, we called it the wedge. When ever I tried to hit the guy, it felt like I was running into a wall. So it works and I adopted it into my own arsenal. Then later seen the (UK based) fence philosophy and was like cool. Always liked the term fence because it indicated that this is my line don't cross it. Then when you give it structure with the wedge analogy, bang you have a wonderful entry technique. Now you just back it with a mental philosophy of... How dare you fuck with my universe, now I must run your ass over with eclectic violence.

Blakops wrote:
looking like a model for a male hair product.

Thanks for noticing, I feel much better about myself now.

Blakops wrote:
Can I ask, why not invest in a breast plate?

Because the other rain deer would make fun of me...

Smile
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

Training video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training video   Training video EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 5:15 pm

roadkill wrote:

Blakops wrote:
Can I ask, why not invest in a breast plate?

Because the other rain deer would make fun of me... Smile

lol!

those were great cheers Exclamation
nice to see you up and kickin' arse. i see the fire in there--it can't be hidden Cool

sort of like, "i know you're my student...but...here...is...where...my...
elbow...wants...to...taste...your...collar-bone---guh, guh, guh...must...
be...strong What a Face "

Wink

keep'em comin'...i like the drills. i probably would have never quit shotokan
if i had more drills like that. nice to just keep going and going--repetition and no
fixed responses. okay, i'll just ramble is i don't stop writing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Blakops

Blakops

Training video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training video   Training video EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 5:26 pm

What a thorough response!

Never trained Hapkido & know little about it except that it is a post WWII joining of TKD & Aikido. Was it the first art you learnt?
I will have a scoot around the interweb & learn more. Did try to attend a class in another town once. Was a sod to get too so gave up the idea in the end & went back to wondering about, rather than, doing something again.

The entry is good. See it in a lot of arts now, krav as well, Good for blunt weapon response as they will follow the course of your arm down & away from the head.

I confess to being very thick so not getting the breast plate/reindeer related joke. Sorry, very,very sorry.

The reason I mention the chest protector is that one of our lot, Sean, has to wear one. Due to an unfortunate brain injury (he dropped a steam iron on his head....don't ask.) He had to be fitted with a pacemaker. Feels much more secure with it on. He is a solicitor in real life.

Nothing wrong with Grecian 2000, I'll be using it myself in .....thirty years Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sharif H

Training video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training video   Training video EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Excellent Roadkill. Looking good for somebody recovering from surgery. I like your improvised responses, technically very similar to the way I 'work'.

I tell you something though, and it's not just your technique, but we all know a natural fighter when we see one.... and you most definitely are a fighter. Don't really know what it is I can see specifically, just an 'aura' I guess. But you got that spark, you know?

Good stuff.

We'll make that another pint for you. How many is that now? four? I'm gonna have to keep a little list by my computer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tactical-protection.com
maija
Admin
maija

Training video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training video   Training video EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 2:53 am

I can't have been that may weeks since your surgery .... you are certainly making an amazing recovery! Very excellent Very Happy
Back to top Go down
roadkill

roadkill

Training video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training video   Training video EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 1:30 pm

Thanks for the kind words.

I’m at 13 weeks since surgery now and I feel pretty dam good. Doing things I know I’m really not suppose to yet, but I know it will make me stronger faster. Besides, I’m a stubborn S.O.B.

Blackops: Hapkido is an interesting art that focuses on joint locks and weight distribution and I really enjoy training in it. Like all arts… it has its place, its pluses and minuses. It is not for everybody because there is pain involved and people generally don’t like much pain.
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

Training video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training video   Training video EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 12:16 am

Going to have to call you the Bionic Man from now on.

Back to top Go down
Karunamama

Training video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training video   Training video EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 8:19 pm

Your students (and you, of course) have good body mechanics with their strikes. Are strikes worked a lot in the traditional Hapkido curriculum?
Back to top Go down
roadkill

roadkill

Training video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training video   Training video EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 8:38 pm

Karunamama wrote:
Your students (and you, of course) have good body mechanics with their strikes. Are strikes worked a lot in the traditional Hapkido curriculum?

Ahhh there is the operative word "TRADITIONAL" what I teach is not traditional, in the sense of the word.

To answer your question, yes strikes and kicks, including jump spinning kicks are worked in the traditional Hapkido.

First I no longer do or teach anything spinning or jumping in Hapkido. No kicks above the waste. Street level philosophy... quarter second entry, must cause effect, you get one step and it's always forward, continue with eclectic violence until they drop.

I love the art of Hapkido, but it has it's place. I still teach the art but tell everyone... On the street I would rather thump them than put the into a joint lock. Once they are unconscious, you can put them into any lock you wish. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Training video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training video   Training video Empty

Back to top Go down

Training video
Page 1 of 1