Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

(Motivated to share by Richie's Theology thread)From the blog - What lies beyond?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ARodomus

ARodomus

(Motivated to share by Richie's Theology thread)From the blog - What lies beyond? Empty
PostSubject: (Motivated to share by Richie's Theology thread)From the blog - What lies beyond?   (Motivated to share by Richie's Theology thread)From the blog - What lies beyond? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 5:00 am

----------Richie Started a thread on theology, I was looking through my past entries on my site and came upon this one, and I thought it would stimulate some more conversation centered around life, and simply "what lies beyond".

As I sit here, waiting for the train to move, I start to think about life.

I wonder do I want to be old? My mind drifts into dark thoughts. I start to think things I won’t share here, for though I am quite open, I suppose there are some thoughts its best we keep. I am overcome by sadness, fear, & I feel myself panic.

I am struck with the memory of a good friend, & his last days with us. Its been years since then, he was a good person, & I always remember & love him. I fight back the tears as I sit in this train as I remember him. I hope that in some way, somehow, he remembers me, & that I somehow made his last days easier.

I wonder what happens then? Will I watch from a special place? Will I just simply stop existing? Will I be judge? Will I be tortured? Will I roam the earth, a fantasm? Or will there simply be nothing?

Fear of God was instilled upon me @ a very young age, I spent many years going to church, & living religious. Our country was founded on religious values, (or so we've been told). So naturally I am conditioned to believe in something greater than me, even if logic dictates otherwise, my heart & faith are still inclined to believe in more.

I am not a bad person, though I am flawed as we all are in life. But I am not bad or malicious, so if there is a place after this world, then based on my nature, there is a good chance I can go to the good place, or @ least not with the worst of the worst, right? My sins are not like those or murderers, child rapists, etc. I would imagine that if there is a just God, he most certainly would not put a man like myself with the likes of those animals.

Though some faiths would have you believe that simply listening to the “world music” I am hearing on my ipod is a sin that can damn me.

Let’s just hope my theory is closer to the truth, because I don’t intend on giving up my ipod.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arodomus.com
Mike2010

Mike2010

(Motivated to share by Richie's Theology thread)From the blog - What lies beyond? Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Motivated to share by Richie's Theology thread)From the blog - What lies beyond?   (Motivated to share by Richie's Theology thread)From the blog - What lies beyond? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 12:24 pm

Personally I feel that we all have a consciousness, and when we die it must 'go' somewhere. Otherwise well.. If it can't continue then what's the craic with being conscious in the first place? Different discussion I suppose.

I don't think that our perceptions of time and space will go with it, which in turn means that it doesn't matter when or where a person dies in relation to where they will 'go' afterwards. I think we will be in the same 'universe' but manifested as totally different energy forms (or flows).

With this in mind I look at the universe, and energy, and cant help but feel that physics (in some form) will dictate the passage of our 'soul/consciousness' once we leave this place. As if we will become an energy, and will be drawn or propelled somewhere by natural forces (gravity is an example, poor, but you can see my angle).

I try and relax in the belief that if time of passing and location do not matter (time is a human concept), and the forces that act on out souls are constant, then we will all be going the same place when we die.

Being alone, in my opinion, is the scariest thing about death. Along with the loneliness of not being able to ever see or touch loved ones again. I'm hoping that when the time does come it's going to be a quite nice surprise to find 'everyone' in some form (recognisable or not) waiting for me. Past, present and future people. Like I said I don't see why 'time' will matter. I still don't want to waste my time here, but sometimes can't help but do the mental maths of pro's vs con's.. I suppose that's the game we play tongue

'We are all visitors on this planet. Passers by.'

- Quote I recall, forgive me for not remembering from whom.
Back to top Go down
Lonewolf333

PostSubject: Re: (Motivated to share by Richie's Theology thread)From the blog - What lies beyond?   (Motivated to share by Richie's Theology thread)From the blog - What lies beyond? EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 1:43 am

There might be a different plain of existence for energy to enter... since energy cannot be destroyed... but there is no God or Satan there... I know this for a fact. I know there is no God and there is no Satan(in the literal sense)! I was shown this "fact" when I went combing the oceans of knowledge behind the curtain....when you die there is absolutely nothing...just like before you were born...that is why this life repeats itself one million times and one.

Satan and God are exoteric characters to describe states of being within the human animal... both Satan and God need to be balanced in us to be able to shoot the shit with our own "nature"... this is the secret esoteric teaching within the Bible and many other religious texts...

Religion is just coded philosophy designed only for people who have understanding... I think they call this understanding, the "great work".

The lesson about "spitting out the lukewarm" in the Christian bible is about people who cannot make up their mind about
their belief in a God... the message of this lesson: do not trust half believers, because they are fools. If they aren't strong and smart enough to understand the lesson of the "self God" or on the other hand aren't able to conform fully to the social structure of the "God" society.... they will be spit into a pile of worthlessness where they belong.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: (Motivated to share by Richie's Theology thread)From the blog - What lies beyond?   (Motivated to share by Richie's Theology thread)From the blog - What lies beyond? EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 11:51 am

Revelations 3:16

Quote :
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

half believers, who use their religious dogma for their own ends make me feel sick - just be honest and be an atheist, dont cherry pick

Original Christianity as a school of iniatory magick and mysticism? For me, thats highly likely. Simply because it only makes sense to me when viewed through that lense.

Consciousness continuing after death? Of course. Speaking of jewish mysticism, in the tarot the "death" card does not signify the end but simply a huge transformation. Nothing is created or destroyed it only changes form.

Thats physics innit?
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
D.M.B.

D.M.B.

PostSubject: Re: (Motivated to share by Richie's Theology thread)From the blog - What lies beyond?   (Motivated to share by Richie's Theology thread)From the blog - What lies beyond? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:20 am

Richard Grannon wrote:
Revelations 3:16

Quote :
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

half believers, who use their religious dogma for their own ends make me feel sick - just be honest and be an atheist, dont cherry pick

Original Christianity as a school of iniatory magick and mysticism? For me, thats highly likely. Simply because it only makes sense to me when viewed through that lense.

Consciousness continuing after death? Of course. Speaking of jewish mysticism, in the tarot the "death" card does not signify the end but simply a huge transformation. Nothing is created or destroyed it only changes form.

Thats physics innit?

Yes that is physics, "energy can neither be created nor destroyed..."

interesting to me that a lot of "truth's" tie in really well with Buddhist Philosophy too...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Motivated to share by Richie's Theology thread)From the blog - What lies beyond?   (Motivated to share by Richie's Theology thread)From the blog - What lies beyond? Empty

Back to top Go down

(Motivated to share by Richie's Theology thread)From the blog - What lies beyond?
Page 1 of 1