Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

'Reality of trying to defend against a committed knife attack' - vid clip

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
maija
Admin
maija

'Reality of trying to defend against a committed knife attack' - vid clip Empty
PostSubject: 'Reality of trying to defend against a committed knife attack' - vid clip   'Reality of trying to defend against a committed knife attack' - vid clip EmptySat May 09, 2009 2:17 pm

Like the title says:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdJAgfO2GQc

I thoroughly enjoyed this - the blood would have shown up nicely on that Gi Laughing
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: 'Reality of trying to defend against a committed knife attack' - vid clip   'Reality of trying to defend against a committed knife attack' - vid clip EmptySat May 09, 2009 3:10 pm

generic youtuber response:

Quote :
pfft, knife defence? that video totally sucked, the defender got stabbed and slashed SO MANY times, dude seriously you need to take some Krap Kebab lessons or study the works of RBSD instructor I.M.N.Optimist of www.ifonlyrealworldattackerswerethiseasy.com , come on man, you didnt trap or immobilise the knife hand once! HELLO? Like, have you EVEN heard of hubud lubud? Your attackers feet stay still and only his hands move ! ALL in a PREDETERMINDED pattern, get it? LISTEN: immobilise then counter strike THAT is what we learn in my AllTruthKnives™ system... Its all so simple, its all so easy, then you just put them in an armlock, take them down and disarm them.. just like THAT... Dude, I mean, seriously, what knife attack LOOKS like that? everyone with more that one year of ANY martial art training knows the qualities of a REAL knife attack are:
1.slow
2.easily seen before the attack begins
3. clean movement moving through just one directional plane
4.knife hand and foot step together (same side, same side)
5. no improvised movment or feints
6. knifeman "falls asleep" after his first move- allowing you to do anything? did you even wait ONCE during that video for him to sleep? NO! Dumbass.
7. knifeman forgets his ability to punch kick or do anything that may aid his enterprise as soon as he picks up the blade

Seriously, attend your local Self Defence class before posting on youtube, you might learn something, you douchebag. Man you suck. So bad. My instructor wears a tactical helmet, full webbing and a sidearm to bed- where is your helmet maaaaan? You dont even have combat boots on! He would SOOOOO pwn you.

may I just add to my structured argument: PMSL, LOL, LMAO, ROFL, HAHA, HE HE, HOO HOO

ps you wouldnt last 10 seconds against Chuck Lidell

signed

your friendly youtube spam artist

deadlymmaninjaboy69 (you should know that I think about fighting ALL the time)

the accumulated effect of 4 years of shitty comments from youtube knowitalls - man, that felt good
santa cheers monkey pig albino cherry
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: 'Reality of trying to defend against a committed knife attack' - vid clip   'Reality of trying to defend against a committed knife attack' - vid clip EmptySat May 09, 2009 5:38 pm

Ah geez ... You just made me snort tea out my nose! lol! cheers

Perhaps next time, to go along with the gi section, you could don some camo and some tactical accessories and see if your 'success rate' improves Wink clown
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: 'Reality of trying to defend against a committed knife attack' - vid clip   'Reality of trying to defend against a committed knife attack' - vid clip EmptySat May 09, 2009 7:19 pm

ah man, Ive had a drink so that really seems like a good idea- hahaha! Razz
Back to top Go down
roadkill

roadkill

PostSubject: Re: 'Reality of trying to defend against a committed knife attack' - vid clip   'Reality of trying to defend against a committed knife attack' - vid clip EmptySat May 09, 2009 10:28 pm

Just saw it and posted my reply on youtube...

Coincidently I had a small group I was working with today and part of the course was edged weapons and we did the same thing..(basically) and had the same results, everybody gets hacked to one degree or another. The comment that cracked me up the most was "Why are you so fucking violent?"

Razz Razz Razz

Some of the others such as “Its all so simple, its all so easy, then you just put them in an armlock, take them down and disarm them..”

Priceless
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: 'Reality of trying to defend against a committed knife attack' - vid clip   'Reality of trying to defend against a committed knife attack' - vid clip EmptySun May 10, 2009 12:34 am

Thought this clip might go well here, though it's probably somewhere else on the forum already.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc2fyEa_RkA

Would like some input as to what others notice as the footage is kinda blurry, but seems to me like there are 4 different reactions to the knifer:

1) Engage and stay in range too long - get cut up
2) Back pedal when knifer closes, fall back - get cut
3) Run away but trip and get caught - get cut
4) Run away and fall but have presence of mind to turn to face knifer, kick from the ground to keep distance - can't see if this guy gets cut, but he gets straight up when the knifer backs off/gets shot.

No need to point out the obvious - that the cops don't draw their weapons till way too late in the game ....
Back to top Go down
roadkill

roadkill

PostSubject: Re: 'Reality of trying to defend against a committed knife attack' - vid clip   'Reality of trying to defend against a committed knife attack' - vid clip EmptySun May 10, 2009 1:57 am

maija wrote:
but seems to me like there are 4 different reactions to the knifer:

In this particular situation, but all situations will be different, with different reactions, different this and different that etc etc.

As you already stated… weapons were drawn way too late. That has got to be one of the absolute best displays of what a lack of training can do for you.

This is one of those situations where a taser is wonderful tool. On a side note I think they should put a joy stick on the taser, so you can make them get up and get in the transport by themselves.
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: 'Reality of trying to defend against a committed knife attack' - vid clip   'Reality of trying to defend against a committed knife attack' - vid clip EmptySun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm

Agreed - situations will always be different.
I just thought the clip instructive when comparing the different reactions of the guys, and how it went down for them.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: 'Reality of trying to defend against a committed knife attack' - vid clip   'Reality of trying to defend against a committed knife attack' - vid clip EmptySun May 10, 2009 2:11 pm

I think Its a video that is as much about drawing that line in the sand and choosing when to actually "go" as it is about underestimating the danger of a knife

the situation had passed the point of "non violent negotiation", just the poor cops passing batons to each other to use instead of their sidearms didnt realise it

hey, Im all up for police exhausting any other option other than violence, but they looked er... um... "overly reluctant" shall we say, to use proper force.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Reality of trying to defend against a committed knife attack' - vid clip   'Reality of trying to defend against a committed knife attack' - vid clip Empty

Back to top Go down

'Reality of trying to defend against a committed knife attack' - vid clip
Page 1 of 1