Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

first foray into youtube

Go down 
+2
VictorS
AdamM
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AdamM

first foray into youtube Empty
PostSubject: first foray into youtube   first foray into youtube EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 1:00 am

first attempt at this drill and didn't know I was being filmed.

good fun and worth while though I thoughts.

comments welcomed
Back to top Go down
VictorS

VictorS

PostSubject: Re: first foray into youtube   first foray into youtube EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 1:38 am

AdamM wrote:
first attempt at this drill and didn't know I was being filmed.

good fun and worth while though I thoughts.

comments welcomed

What are we commenting on? affraid
Back to top Go down
cocktail

cocktail

PostSubject: Re: first foray into youtube   first foray into youtube EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 2:28 am

yes, i too would love to watch. BUT, we need to actually SEE the video Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: first foray into youtube   first foray into youtube EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 5:58 am

hahaha! Adam you divvy Razz

tried searching for you on utube but got nothing mate sozrry
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: first foray into youtube   first foray into youtube EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 8:26 am

it was very late when I finished fiddling about with it. Embarassed

Last edited by AdamM on Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
slipknot

PostSubject: Re: first foray into youtube   first foray into youtube EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 10:07 am

Adam, this is an excellent drill, i have done this drill myself in scinario training, and as the suited man attacks with full on punches (wearing boxing gloves) all you can do is grab him and try and compose yourself as quick as possible.

It is a horrible feeling and you are pretty much defencless for a few seconds.
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: first foray into youtube   first foray into youtube EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 1:50 pm

next time we do it I want to try one person surrounded by people wearing focus mitts. they'll do the 10 spins and while they are I'll signal one of the feeders that it'll be them that steps forward and clouts the "Dizzy Boxer"

in two sessions time I'm going to be putting on a head guard and getting KTFO.
Bring it on

the tool to embed clips like I did above seems to be playing up. This is a funny edit one of the girls did of the first clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54sNhqH8j_E
Back to top Go down
cocktail

cocktail

PostSubject: Re: first foray into youtube   first foray into youtube EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 5:00 pm

good stuff man!.....we do this same drill but instead of standing straight upand pointing at the sky, you bend over at the waste and point to the ground......i have some sort of vertigo issue and this drill REALLY fucks me up.....ever since i was a kid i have had this issue.....i can only do this drill like 2-3 times and then im done drunken
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: first foray into youtube   first foray into youtube EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 6:13 pm

you're right, pointing down is even worse, but I want people dizzy, not smashing into walls Wink

What I've got is about a dozen really nice people. What I've got to do is find the inner bad ass and harness it.
I'm thinking about the "unleash the monster" type drill I want to to in a couple of sessions time. I'm happy to take some suggestions with this. This is how I see it running in my head.

I'll start off being the bad guy, but I'll expect some of my senior grades to take a few for the team.
I'll be wearing a helmet, groin guard and boxing gloves,
They will be wearing MMA gloves only.
I'll give a shove to start the drill, maybe with a bit of verbal.
from that point their fence will go up and they'll be free to move where they want.
when I feel the range is there, I'll throw a big right haymaker with full intention of landing it.
For the purposes of this drill I'm happy with them knowing what's coming. The purpose of the drill is to get them to go animal. I'm not to worried if the stimulus is a bit scripted.
When I throw my shot that's their trigger to go, and I mean fucking GO.
My partner / Guvnor will be on hand to say break when he feels they truly finished me off.
I'm looking for a cover and aimed first shot, or even better, beat me to the punch, followed by a big flurry, takedown (if not dropped by strikes) and continued finishing moves until told to stop.

I'll be asking them if they mind me sharing video of the results.
Really looking forward to it, but I know some of the nicer ones will dread it. That's why I'm giving them notice. I want there to be a build up of adrenalin before the session.
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: first foray into youtube   first foray into youtube EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 5:07 pm

nice. looks like you have a great club. i never did that drill. probably because i too, like coktail, have that vertigo thing. i used to do a fun one
where you stagger folks along the expanse of the room. they have to walk past each one and mildly engage--didn't always have adequate pads
so it was fast and controled kinda-like. i like that drill you did. you think anyone will call my bluff and ask me to demonstrate the spinning one. the stagger thing--i'm often unclear in my writing, is like a guy/gal in the center walking along through a gauntlet. i like doing stations like a boxing gym where all have something to do, then time is called and they rotate. anyway, it gives me something else to include. if i can get some students again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: first foray into youtube   first foray into youtube Empty

Back to top Go down

first foray into youtube
Page 1 of 1