Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

problems with website

Go down 
+2
AdamM
Richard Grannon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

problems with website Empty
PostSubject: problems with website   problems with website EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 10:43 am

Quote :
Hi Richie,

Quick email to let you know that each time I try to click links from your emails to your website it freezes up my browser. Its a problem I've always experienced with your website. I assume it's somethign to do with your service provider. Thought I'd let you know as others may have similar problems accessing your website. I have no other problems with any other websites I use, only happens with streetfightsecrets.com and it happens on different computers/netwroks that I use too.

Similarly if I type your url direct into my browser I get the same problems....your header comes up then it freezes out. Getting through to your website is pretty much hit and miss, sometimes it loads but most of the time it doesn't. I'd check with your ISP and try to get a solution, or shift service provider to host your site.

Hope this helps.

has anyone else had these kinds of problems with the website?
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: problems with website   problems with website EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 12:18 pm

my problem with the new page was that when I selected forum from the menu on the left, the main part of the screen was blank. when I moved my cursor over where the link to the forum should be it turned to a pointing finger. Just my security settings blocking the link really.

no other problems for me. other than forgetting the volume of the video clip on the front page. i would rather that didn't auto play.
Back to top Go down
MrDan

PostSubject: Re: problems with website   problems with website EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 3:12 pm

Yep, had problems for the last week or so. Going to the main SFS website it comes up in a different style/format (I just thought you were updating or you had someone designing a new front page for you). Click 'forum' and it goes to a blank page and can't get to the forum. Had to search via google for the forum and look for the streetfightsecrets.drakbb.com link.
Back to top Go down
MrDan

PostSubject: Re: problems with website   problems with website EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 3:14 pm

Thinking about it - if you want to make sure everyone can continue to use the forum while this is happening you could stick the direct link onto an email to everyone like your newsletter updates: https://streetfightsecrets.darkbb.com/

That works every time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cocktail

cocktail

PostSubject: Re: problems with website   problems with website EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 4:42 pm

I offered my services already. I am always available if needed Rich. Wink
Back to top Go down
nix

nix

PostSubject: Re: problems with website   problems with website EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 7:42 pm

I've had no problems using Firefox browser.
Agree with AdamM; would prefer the index page video didn't autoplay.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: problems with website   problems with website EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 11:40 am

fixed it so you dont get Alan Fords dulcit cockney accent barking at you when you open the front page Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
nix

nix

PostSubject: Re: problems with website   problems with website EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 3:54 pm

cheers
Thanks Richard!
Back to top Go down
Benjamin

Benjamin

PostSubject: Re: problems with website   problems with website EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 6:02 am

The problem I have been having every now and then is when I go to the forum and it only displays a message like "could not find index of new posts" or something and won't display anything else.

Obviously it is okay today, but yesterday it did it, and also sometime last week.. strange Shocked

-Ben
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: problems with website   problems with website Empty

Back to top Go down

problems with website
Page 1 of 1