Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What is "trapping"?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sergei

Sergei

What is "trapping"? Empty
PostSubject: What is "trapping"?   What is "trapping"? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 11:50 am

~

Last edited by Sergei on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: What is "trapping"?   What is "trapping"? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 12:32 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trapping_%28Martial_Arts%29
Back to top Go down
ncw

PostSubject: Re: What is "trapping"?   What is "trapping"? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 12:57 pm

Go to YouTube and search: Wing Chun Trapping
Back to top Go down
RCS

PostSubject: Re: What is "trapping"?   What is "trapping"? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 1:32 pm

It basically means tying up an opponent's attacking limb(s), making it easier for you to counter attack.
Back to top Go down
Sergei

Sergei

PostSubject: Re: What is "trapping"?   What is "trapping"? EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 1:18 am

~

Last edited by Sergei on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dominance

PostSubject: Re: What is "trapping"?   What is "trapping"? EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 1:39 am

Trapping is usually thought of in the Wing Chun/JKD way.. but I don't see that as very functional..

I think of it as immobilization of any limb.. whether it be when i'm grabbed pinning their arm to my body so they can't get away when I strike or lock them up.. or pinning their own arm to their chest and pushing them off balance.. or whatever other way.. but all the stuff I do that I would call trapping looks nothing like the traditional way..

Maybe I should get the camera out.. but the problem is I haven't figured out how to get it onto my computer after taping :Z Can anybody help out in that area? Do I need a capture card?

-Ben
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is "trapping"?   What is "trapping"? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is "trapping"?
Page 1 of 1