Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

some guys experience with systema??

Go down 
+2
thugsage
chulodogo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chulodogo

chulodogo

some guys experience with systema?? Empty
PostSubject: some guys experience with systema??   some guys experience with systema?? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 7:00 pm

i really like to know if it is true or not..

Last edited by chulodogo on Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: some guys experience with systema??   some guys experience with systema?? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 7:34 pm

cool video,
it makes me wonder how many uncomfortable 'avenues' the
body has to offer...all those things we subconsciously avoid
while trying top stay upright, etc...and how they contribute to
mental blocks when it comes to attacks.

it's way cool that Richie persues this path whether it leads. maybe
we all need a good pressure test once in a while. i always wonder
how this reflects the individuals of certain systems too. there's
some style in the u.k., i can't remember what it was called...but
it's largely dominated by one guy (i'll include it later when/if i find
it) but he just sort of slaps people and they get a 'palsy' effect and
drop. i often wonder if all of his students can replicate the effect (still
stuck on how some people seem to have led fists, or some other
thing going for them--i often worked with people, or heard about people
who likely dragged their gifts into the martial art they were doing and
sort of encorporated it).
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
RichardB

PostSubject: Re: some guys experience with systema??   some guys experience with systema?? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 7:41 pm

The DVD and the clip has been discussed here.
Back to top Go down
daringdoer

PostSubject: Re: some guys experience with systema??   some guys experience with systema?? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 7:47 pm

The hell is that Richie? Why is everything shown in slomo? Did u pump and stab his ass folsom prison style like a pin cushion scratch ???

Did u pressure test some of his most advanced students?
Blauer and Rich D. always says that don't measure a system by what the instructor can do, but by what his STUDENTS can do...
But I'm awed by ur openmindedness.. In your opiniion, how many years would it take to get to this guy's unarmed HTHC skillset....bc there are no scenes of u pumping and slashing him apeshit style...Is Systema suitable for the avg person or busy with paperwork LEO who doesn't have the time for hardcore training nor the interest, but just wants BASIC SP skills?....
w
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: some guys experience with systema??   some guys experience with systema?? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 7:48 pm

okay, this is the guy...and others if it applies. my questions would
be are his students able to duplicate the success of the technique, or
his he an impressive but otherwise heavy-handed bloke. no disrespect
intended, but this is another system where things flow just a wee
bit more than i would expect watching the moves. i mean, my body
moves in coordination too...err, but i don't get the success that he does.
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: some guys experience with systema??   some guys experience with systema?? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 7:51 pm

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=SoHLYJwcYdM&feature=related

fuck fuck fuck--there i've said it...this should be with the previous
message i sent to make whatever point i was trying to make.

sorry about that
Back to top Go down
chulodogo

chulodogo

PostSubject: Re: some guys experience with systema??   some guys experience with systema?? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 9:07 pm

okay, im very curious, i hope i can learn something from systema.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: some guys experience with systema??   some guys experience with systema?? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 10:00 pm

No I wasnt really attacking him as is all too obvious from the video clips Razz

though afterwards the fat tool said I was and also was claiming to have beaten up an "MMA fighter" which implies pro cage fighter, which of course I am not!

overall it was a good experience and Im still interested in Russian Martial Arts though not the political organisation called Systema... because:

1. they claim it is a "system" - if it is where is the syllabus? what IS it and what is it NOT? no two systema practitoners can or will give the same answer- why do Vladimir Vasiliev and Mikhail Ryabko teach such diverse styles?

2. many practitioners claim it is an effective street fight method- it simply isnt

that DVD was all done by me in good faith with compliant polite demonstrations the same way I would allow an instructor of ninjitsu or silat or aikido to perform and demo his techniques... at the time I wanted to do a series of DVDs examining and comparing the relative merits of different styles/systems

Russian Martial Art (NOT Systema) Concepts are very very NLP friendly (as is Silat and the two styles are often compared and have many of the same principles)

I binned the DVD one month after releasing it when the Systemians started editing and releasing clips like that one on youtube you see without my permission and making out that it was a validation of there way of training... far from it.

I am utterly unconvinced that even the instructors know why they are doing some of the drills.

I did "pressure test" that instructor in question and the result was laughable-

the upshot is I only trained with him on 6 occasions but on one occasion he said "Today we are going to do escapes from BJJ submissions"

so I showed them some "positions", not "submissions" and they didnt have a fucking clue what to do, the instructor in that clip got in my guard and tried to escape...

Im smiling as I write this remembering it...

A simple closed guard, no further encumbrance... in his frenzy to his escape he span round twice and gave me his back! I ended up having to push him back round to face me... in the end I just opened my legs and let him get mount as it was getting embarassing... that was filmed but its not on utube

nor is the footage of me using basic kickboxing and grappling against his students (all nice lads, but useless fighters- the intrustctor even agreed with me they would be useless in a fight) in a multiple attacker drill that had to be stopped because "I wasnt doing systema" i.e. his students were getting a kicking... one of the lads had a smashed mouth from a blind back kick- Im not proud of it, but he just stuck me in the middle of them and told me to fight my way out which I did- I

My advice would be dont get sucked in by the funky looking techniques- 3 years ago I believed that being 50% compliant meant the systema (and other style) techniques would work if put in at greater speed

THIS IS NOT TRUE do not believe it about systema or anything else that is a "compliance heavy" style

the human body moving with real force and speed is a completely different beast than one moving at half speed and intention- dont kid yourself... like I did Very Happy

in any style before you look at the defence, look at the attacker, ultimately all fights go the same way when the pressure is really on

I can make any technique from any system you can name work provided you attack me with a small enough amount of force and intent

But seriously, dont spend your money on Systema, unless thats your only only access to RMA and you are interested in that culture for its own sake

if you want to know what bits of Systema I do like (guess what? many of them are found in other arts and all of them can come under the bracket title of Russian Martial Art)

then go to the link provided by Richard B

when it comes to RMA, Im much more interested in this kind of thing http://www.streetboxing.ru/
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
chulodogo

chulodogo

PostSubject: Re: some guys experience with systema??   some guys experience with systema?? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 8:36 am

Nice Richie!
thanx for the info!!
better take of the movie from you tube..

i take the movie off this forum.. hope they do on youtube also! child behaviour. haha
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: some guys experience with systema??   some guys experience with systema?? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 11:35 am

ive asked the instructor to take it down and to get my name of his website he refuses... he is a policeman so i cant exactly storm his gym... but i could report him for dodgy activities / money making outside of his job... specially as one of the systema founders is openly anti muslim... not a great association for a policeman to have in todays political climate
Back to top Go down
chulodogo

chulodogo

PostSubject: Re: some guys experience with systema??   some guys experience with systema?? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 4:52 pm

i know for sure that in the end your succes is much bigger.. haha, he cant stand it..
his headache..
thats what i learned from anger manegement therapy! muhahah..
if somebody do wrong to you.. its his head ache..
Back to top Go down
DaveCollins

PostSubject: Re: some guys experience with systema??   some guys experience with systema?? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 5:14 pm

Last edited by DaveCollins on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: some guys experience with systema??   some guys experience with systema?? EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 9:38 am

thanks DC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some guys experience with systema??   some guys experience with systema?? Empty

Back to top Go down

some guys experience with systema??
Page 1 of 1