Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thought I'd share this...

Go down 
+6
roadkill
Richard Grannon
Blakops
thugsage
Mike2010
Sharif H
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Sharif H

Thought I'd share this... Empty
PostSubject: Thought I'd share this...   Thought I'd share this... EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 2:13 pm

I've been thinking this for a little while now, but after reading some posts today, I thought I may as well share this with everybody here on the forum and spread the love a little bit. The thing I realized is this...

The regular users/posters of this forum (you know who you are) are some REALLY intelligent mofos.

On this forum I can find posts and conversations about pretty much every other topic I'm 'in to' (other than cooking it would seem Smile). But I mean... spirituality, politics, sociology (including my new found interest in 'social control'), even metaphysics! It's all here. And of course psychology - which is a given I guess.

Basically, what really impresses me is that most of these subjects just arent things that the sheeple in my life are aware of. No point even trying to talk about the above subjects in most cases. But on here... it seems that everybody is reading the same books and watching the same documentaries as me study. I reckon I can start talking about any kooky shit on here and at least 90% of you will have some real input on the subject. I'm tempted to just throw out some random phrases to see what you guys respond with lol...

So yeah... just thought I'd share that. Group hug anyone? cheers

Wonder what the connection is between REAL self protection (Richie Grannon style) and the other topics? Maybe the honesty and the straight-forward attitude applies to it all?

Peace y'all
Back to top Go down
http://www.tactical-protection.com
Mike2010

Mike2010

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share this...   Thought I'd share this... EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 2:52 pm

It's a very interesting point you make Sharif (forgive me for presuming to be one of those included in your post above).

Interestingly i've always thought that a lot of people who are qualified in violence are some of the most peaceful, self-assured and confident individuals out there. I say qualified, not 'preoccupied'. Most posters on here are qualified experts in violence [myself not included unfortunately.. But I do aspire to it].

Interesting that i've never seen an argument here, despite some conflicts of opinions. Nobody on here has an agenda, apart from Richard!

But then again this is a slightly calm and quiet backwater in terms of self-defence and violent intent, fairly far from the sea of macho bullshit and spurious experts.. I suppose people don't end up in social groups by accident.
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share this...   Thought I'd share this... EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 3:45 pm

topic is too important not to give props. so here it is...
i'm more comfotable here then in most of my non cyber
environments--excluding my daughter of course who is
god in the form of a baby, but this isn't because the web
doesn't hit back because it often does. within it's warbly
imaginary walls, citizens can be ostracized, etc... it's as
real as the so called real. so i share your sentiments Shar.
\

and now for the other more irreverent side...

lets all hold hands, and sway our collective heads from
right to left--kissing a temple within reach as we ebb left
and right....to the tune of

"PUFF THE MAGIC DRAGON
LIVED BY THE SEA
AND SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING
IN A LAND CALLED TRIPOLI...

EVERYBODY...

lol! flower I love you affraid Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Blakops

Blakops

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share this...   Thought I'd share this... EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 6:38 pm

Shariff, wondered where you had been for a few days. hope you had a good weekend.

All the points you mention are the reason, that after lurking on the earlier incarnation of the forum & this one that i finally registered.

The wealth of knowledge on here as well as the badinage.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share this...   Thought I'd share this... EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:04 pm

I like the way the forum has grown and developed in this incarnation- I do very little to edit or control what goes on and am happy a lot of the time to just sit back and read

there is a certain frequency band resonating between the words, certain people just go away, certain people stay... its organic and smelly like algae

hey US scientists reckon it was algae not a meteor that killeded the dinosaurs

anyway, yeah its good like, got a life of its own

"quiet backwater"- I like that, it is indeed

mine is not the only agenda... you have to think of the agendas of the mind control handlers above me... you have to put tin foil goggles on over your eyes tyo view the forum or they will retinal scan you

rendeer
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
roadkill

roadkill

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share this...   Thought I'd share this... EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:17 pm

Yes it has become an interesting place and it is rather cool that many conversations can take place with varied view points and nobody gets pissed off. We accept the view points as they are and take from them what we can. Except that one asshole Roadkill, the butt munch is really starting to piss me off. I swear he is off his freaking rocker half the time and I will kick his ass as soon as I can locate him.

Interesting echo system you created here Richard... you can't say you have no influence, because your presence already has influenced it.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share this...   Thought I'd share this... EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:31 pm

Quote :
Interesting echo system you created here Richard... you can't say you have no influence, because your presence already has influenced it.

true, true.
Back to top Go down
nironi7

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share this...   Thought I'd share this... EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 9:49 pm

Have to say that the insights, thoughts, questions and answers on this forum and richie's stuff had and still has a huge influence on me. I see my training as a long road to oneself and it is as this road has taken a turn to a whole new world/self. The people who post here share without a sense of ego there vast knowledge they do it for the sake of giving and sharing and nothing more. I think that all who post here see their self protection training as something bigger then punching and kicking and that's what makes this forum so welcoming. Thanks sharif for starting this thread that gave me the opportunity to say thank you all
Back to top Go down
http://wuwei.co.il
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share this...   Thought I'd share this... EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 11:07 pm

There's a great radio show here called Philosophy Talk, which ends each week with the phrase; "Thank you for listening .... and thank you for thinking".
It's how I feel about this place Cool
Now, I'm getting all verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves ...... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sharif H

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share this...   Thought I'd share this... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 9:14 am

Quote :
its organic and smelly like algae

lol!

It's also true about how a lot of people come and quickly go and a few stay. A bit like SAS selection or the Navy SEAL hell week Very Happy
I would imagine the forum attracts (initially) certain types of knuckle-draggers, ego maniacs and man-child types. But after spending a little time here, they just go. I think we've all seen it happen where somebody writes a totally useless post which is barely readable and they either get no response or a very polite "Excuse me sir, I wonder if you wouldn't mind fucking off". Or in Richie's case it would go like: polite response, polite response, still polite but more assertive response, then.... THREE PAGES WORTH OF PSYCHOLOGICAL ANALYSIS IN WHICH THE PERSON IS CONFRONTED WITH ALL THE NEGATIVE ASPECTS OF THEIR LIFE THAT THEY HAVE THUS FAR TRIED TO KID THEMSELVES ABOUT WHICH LEAVES THEM SO DEFLATED, DEGRADED AND DEPRESSED THAT THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE THE ENERGY TO REPLY. And thus, they fuck off.

Yep. I do like this here forum...
Back to top Go down
Sharif H

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share this...   Thought I'd share this... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 9:19 am

Another point I'd like to make is that I definitely learn new stuff here. From this thread alone I've had to google two words...

'badinage'

and

'verklempt'

I hope this doesn't start a vocabulary competition... I don't have time to be googling words all day you wordy sunsabitches Razz
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share this...   Thought I'd share this... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 12:05 pm

Sharif H wrote:
Quote :
its organic and smelly like algae

lol!

It's also true about how a lot of people come and quickly go and a few stay. A bit like SAS selection or the Navy SEAL hell week Very Happy
I would imagine the forum attracts (initially) certain types of knuckle-draggers, ego maniacs and man-child types. But after spending a little time here, they just go. I think we've all seen it happen where somebody writes a totally useless post which is barely readable and they either get no response or a very polite "Excuse me sir, I wonder if you wouldn't mind fucking off". Or in Richie's case it would go like: polite response, polite response, still polite but more assertive response, then.... THREE PAGES WORTH OF PSYCHOLOGICAL ANALYSIS IN WHICH THE PERSON IS CONFRONTED WITH ALL THE NEGATIVE ASPECTS OF THEIR LIFE THAT THEY HAVE THUS FAR TRIED TO KID THEMSELVES ABOUT WHICH LEAVES THEM SO DEFLATED, DEGRADED AND DEPRESSED THAT THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE THE ENERGY TO REPLY. And thus, they fuck off.

Yep. I do like this here forum...

just call me Dr Lecter

Wink
Back to top Go down
Mike2010

Mike2010

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share this...   Thought I'd share this... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:49 pm

I hate to bring this up Sharif but please tell me you did not compare this forum to SAS selection Suspect

Perhaps more the queue at the bank. One week on, and only the most resolute and talkative remain.. pirat
Back to top Go down
D.M.B.

D.M.B.

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share this...   Thought I'd share this... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:44 pm

I agree completely Sharif.

There's definitely got to be a connection. I'd say coming here and admitting we all want to learn more about RBSD and can admit to our own short comings in order to train honestly is a big factor. That requires an ego in check and an open mind.

This forum is definitely my favorite place to discuss things anywhere online.

You all rock ! I love you

cheers
Back to top Go down
markh

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share this...   Thought I'd share this... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:46 pm

Hey all,

I'm kind of a drive by poster but I do manage to put in what I hope to be useful information. I am constantyly impressed by the high level of thought put into the posts on all the various topics ( I am a long time follower and read the vast majority of the posts). It also amazes me how we all seem to stumble onto common threads in life like reading the same books , blogs,or the same films.

Interestingly enough this may be explained by a book I recently read called "The Bucaneer Scholar" by James Bach. The author, the son of the author of "Johnathan Livingstone Seagull", explains how he developed his own method/style of self education and how he uses his passions to motivate his learning.

What I'm saying is that our common passions dicatates our common path of self education.

Keep safe and train hard/smart, Mark H
Back to top Go down
Mike2010

Mike2010

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share this...   Thought I'd share this... EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 11:20 am

Hi Mark. Thanks a lot for the reference to that book. It's 100% relevant for me at the moment, how's that for reinforcing your point about common threads/passions?!

Strange things happen when minds get together I suppose. I've made a thread *here* if you could comment?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share this...   Thought I'd share this... Empty

Back to top Go down

Thought I'd share this...
Page 1 of 1