Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FRUSTRATING ON 'OH' SO MANY LEVELS

Go down 
+6
UncloudedFall
Sharif H
Danite
RichardB
maija
thugsage
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
maija
Admin
maija

FRUSTRATING ON 'OH' SO MANY LEVELS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FRUSTRATING ON 'OH' SO MANY LEVELS   FRUSTRATING ON 'OH' SO MANY LEVELS - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:59 pm

Wow, I love it when we are all correct - how cool is that? FRUSTRATING ON 'OH' SO MANY LEVELS - Page 3 Icon_biggrin FRUSTRATING ON 'OH' SO MANY LEVELS - Page 3 Icon_rr

Really, I think it's all been said here, but apparently I feel compelled to add a little more!
The connection I see between SP and 'Good Citizenship' is this idea that the willingness to fight and draw the line in the sand, gives you, or at least In my opinion SHOULD give you, the space and confidence to be able to engage more, not less with the world, turd ridden though it may seem. If learning SP results in you putting on your mental hip waders and a snorkel because all you see is turds, then I'm not sure whether it's doing it's job. If doing SP makes you more and more paranoid, then perhaps it's not the healthiest use of your time - perhaps some Japanese flower arranging would be more appropriate. But if SP gives you more confidence to move around and interact on our flawed yet vibrant planet, then more power to your elbow, fist, palm and knee FRUSTRATING ON 'OH' SO MANY LEVELS - Page 3 Icon_flower
Back to top Go down
Danite

PostSubject: Re: FRUSTRATING ON 'OH' SO MANY LEVELS   FRUSTRATING ON 'OH' SO MANY LEVELS - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 2:58 am

By avoiding the turds I find my experiance of life is enhanced, thats the point for me really.
Back to top Go down
RichardB

PostSubject: Re: FRUSTRATING ON 'OH' SO MANY LEVELS   FRUSTRATING ON 'OH' SO MANY LEVELS - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 5:26 am

whats TPI?

http://www.totalprotectioninteractive.com/forum/

Now, on to the turds.

Self-protection revolves around the self. Doing the right thing can come at the expense of the self, even to the point of sacrificing life. There is a concept of "warriorhood" intermeshed in a lot of generally martial arts and violence stuff. But I'm not that guy. I'm looking out for #1. Maybe that is because I have no tribe or territory to defend. Society in my eyes is just the jungle I live in. If someone fucks with me I growl, and if they don't get the message I aim to fuck them up. Otherwise I just mind my own business.

My first inclination with obnoxious idiots who want to share their issues with me is that I want to beat the fucking shit out of them. For nothing but my own satisfaction and the ability to immediately resume what I was doing. I just have zero patience with people like that. So I shut up or walk away.

I just don't want anything to do with turd, period.

I'm not the guy trying to be a hero in situations. I might hold the door for little old ladies but that's about as far as I go. No good deed goes unpunished.

The post in the PUA threead might already have covered paranoia/SP stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FRUSTRATING ON 'OH' SO MANY LEVELS   FRUSTRATING ON 'OH' SO MANY LEVELS - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

FRUSTRATING ON 'OH' SO MANY LEVELS
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3