Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vicious school bus attack

Go down 
+4
chulodog
thugsage
Danite
roadkill
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bing_bang

Vicious school bus attack - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vicious school bus attack   Vicious school bus attack - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 2:22 pm

Russ the Muss wrote:
Bing_bang wrote:

Raises the question what to do if, say, you're on a bus/train, and a group of black youths start filming and slapping you about - pretty much every fatal stabbing and shooting in London in last 2 years has been black youths (mostly black on black though) - and it's reasonable to assume one or more might be carrying a blade.

not the only prerequisate for alarm bells in London, mind you don't come off sounding--well, off track
...even if that's not where your coming from. to be honest, it sounds a bit like media-misguided alarmism, off the back scratch

You're disputing knife and gun murders in London are mostly black on black? With respect, you can't know London. This is not news. Back in 2007 Blair said: "But we won't stop this by pretending it isn't young black kids doing it." And one thing you could give Blair was his ability, normally, to say things that it appeared no one could disagree with.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/black-community-must-face-up-to-knife-and-gun-problem-says-blair-444307.html

You can fiddle with stats all day, but bottom line is that most actual deaths in London are black on black. There's no controversy about that, only the causes. E.g. there's a group of Met Police, "Operation Trident", which is just for black on black gun crime, and most equality groups seem to support this sort of thing. This is not the BNP here...I used to have an indian GF. Smile

Anyway, I'll agree to differ as I'm not derailing into a race argument. Over and out.
Back to top Go down
Danite

PostSubject: Re: Vicious school bus attack   Vicious school bus attack - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi Russ I wish you good luck with that search, living on the border with Darwins world is not a piece of cake I am sure,one thing about Hawaii , I have heard it is awash in inter racial hatreds? maybe somewhere in a mid sized city in the pacific north west?Quality of life is so important.best wishes for a successful relocation.
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Vicious school bus attack   Vicious school bus attack - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 3:45 pm

Bing_bang wrote:
Russ the Muss wrote:
Bing_bang wrote:

Raises the question what to do if, say, you're on a bus/train, and a group of black youths start filming and slapping you about - pretty much every fatal stabbing and shooting in London in last 2 years has been black youths (mostly black on black though) - and it's reasonable to assume one or more might be carrying a blade.

not the only prerequisate for alarm bells in London, mind you don't come off sounding--well, off track
...even if that's not where your coming from. to be honest, it sounds a bit like media-misguided alarmism, off the back scratch

You're disputing knife and gun murders in London are mostly black on black? With respect, you can't know London. This is not news. Back in 2007 Blair said: "But we won't stop this by pretending it isn't young black kids doing it." And one thing you could give Blair was his ability, normally, to say things that it appeared no one could disagree with.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/black-community-must-face-up-to-knife-and-gun-problem-says-blair-444307.html

You can fiddle with stats all day, but bottom line is that most actual deaths in London are black on black. There's no controversy about that, only the causes. E.g. there's a group of Met Police, "Operation Trident", which is just for black on black gun crime, and most equality groups seem to support this sort of thing. This is not the BNP here...I used to have an indian GF. Smile

Anyway, I'll agree to differ as I'm not derailing into a race argument. Over and out.

i hear you mate, but as i said in the first place, "even if that's not where you're coming from".
so there's no confussion, i don't think any ill of you--but i worry about wording and assumptions
based on media covereage. i DON'T know London, but i know that what's reported in DC is the
stuff that sells and buys into everyone's fears--there is loads of shite that is simply bipassed by way
of media coverage.

so my fear is that whilst i can't imagine the stats aren't real, i can imagine that much is overlooked.
Indian girlfriend notwithstanding lol!

no conflict with you--in case i wasn't clear, and not that it shouldn't be a concern--it obviously should be, but apparently as you said it's 'black on black'...which needs to be stopped, but as it sounds like
you're not black, it's probably not high on your personal list of threats Laughing

we have the same thing going on over here, largely because the lower income lot happens to
have a complexion correlation. it's classism 101, and chavs no matter how you colour it.

P.S. IF THIS COMES OFF EDGY, NOTHING MEANT BY IT--CONCERN IS THAT OTHERS JOINING THE THREAD EITHER COME OFF MISUNDERSTANDING [WITHOUT ALL THE CONTEXT] AND KEEP THE BALL
ROLLING, SOMETIMES IN A DOWNWARD SPIRAL FOR THE EMOTIONAL CONTENT AND NOT THE STATS.

can't be any more clear than that...hope it's enough...a fan of all your other comments for what it's worth. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Vicious school bus attack   Vicious school bus attack - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 3:54 pm

Danite wrote:
Hi Russ I wish you good luck with that search, living on the border with Darwins world is not a piece of cake I am sure,one thing about Hawaii , I have heard it is awash in inter racial hatreds? maybe somewhere in a mid sized city in the pacific north west?Quality of life is so important.best wishes for a successful relocation.

thanks for the update...that would be dissappointing to land my kids in the midst of ignorrant side shows. nothing like superficial shite to derail anything of real substance. maybe i'll just move them to a new agey town with a good music scene Razz ...with universities...

know of any or should i just pack it in Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bing_bang

PostSubject: Re: Vicious school bus attack   Vicious school bus attack - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 5:11 pm

Russ the Muss wrote:
<snip>..., it's probably not high on your personal list of threats.

Well, couple of years ago I got a hard time on a train from around 20 youths - got slapped, hit around head with bottles, stuff poured over my head, and they were up for it. No brainer - I'd probably be dead if I'd played the hero there.

I said "over and out", but to be clear. Based on figures leaked (apparently) for a period last year; where there were legal proceedings, by far, most people "attacked or threatened" with knives in London were white. But then, gangs don't report these things (the trouble with stats). Fatalities are almost all black on black, but there's been 2 recent white murders I can think of where victims were completely innocent and uninvolved, one was a Harry Potter actor. I've read forum comments suggesting whites are more likely victims of happy slappings - seen as softer targets. So, trying to get back on the rails here, and lets ignore ethnicity, (I think I might have mentioned it but don't think anyone noticed:))... if you do get slapped on public transport by group of youths, what do you do, what's the calculation - baring in mind that probably most people don't fight back, and doing so would likely up the stakes.

Quote :
a fan of all your other comments for what it's worth.

Obviously a deeply confused individual. Smile
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Vicious school bus attack   Vicious school bus attack - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 7:17 pm

Bing_bang wrote:

Well, couple of years ago I got a hard time on a train from around 20 youths - got slapped, hit around head with bottles, stuff poured over my head, and they were up for it. No brainer - I'd probably be dead if I'd played the hero there.

hmmm, a personal experience i get. i suppose i'm used to backgrounds coming first. as to the original question, if it's not a confined space Richie has some definite suggestions--he mentioned running which
seperates the faster ones from the slower ones and trims the pack. i suppose in a terrible and imperfect
world where all are the similarly athletic that could not turn out well. still, a change of locations may turn
up options that weren't there before.
the closest thing i had with a small group...i sort of fled to the middle of traffic--with my date no less. very messy but affective at that time, in that place, with those lads.
there are drills for this, and i've done them with my class--based on a dutch guy who i'll try and find for the clip. they involve alot of moving away, not unlike an american football player tries to avoid being
tackled whilst trying to get away. side step and shove and small quick strikes--hardly going to come off
right written [i look for the clip]...it's the closest thing to an answer i have.

if one's back/balls are to the wall--in a closed space, i'd rather not just answer off the cuff. i haven't experimented with it and don't feel that i can answer. i'm sure you did the right thing under your circumstances. all circumstances seem different enough after all.
Back to top Go down
Mike2010

Mike2010

PostSubject: Re: Vicious school bus attack   Vicious school bus attack - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 1:10 pm

maija wrote:
On another point - pretty much every story I have ever heard about a personal experience of school yard bullying, where the person fought back, ends in .. "and then they didn't bother me any more". Is this just a skewed view from the company I keep, or is it true?

In school I seemed to have regular face-off's with individuals from the crowd of bullies that 'ruled' the year, and the one time it did culminate in a fight (mentioned previously) it didn't change anything - The thing before and after was still to 'capitalise' on their good moods and avoid each of them if they were in a bad/confrontational mood. I'm talking about seeing them individually - in some lessons (like PE), there were maybe 3 out of 5 of them in the changing rooms (unsupervised), so it was a case of being the grey man (or ideally getting to the lesson late and fucking off early!)

That said though I didn't knock him out or do him any real damage, if it was a conclusive fight then maybe they would have steered clear (but it could have got more sour.. I'd say a 50/50 chance).

I suppose that's more related to the crowd of bullies than the individual though. The one time I did stand up to a lad and ended up taking a swing at him he didn't take the piss again, but he wasn't threatening me with direct violence in the first place I think (just posturing and verbal taunts). I don't think he was a 'fighter' though, he just didn't expect me to turn violent so felt free to show off in front of his mates.

So I suppose it depends on the 'bully' rather than the actual violence inflicted upon them in my case. I'm sorry if i've been talking about myself a lot, just thought I could contribute with the experiences mentioned.

My mate's dad said that he got bullied in school by a lad and one day turned around and hit him in the face, 'after that he didnt bother me', if that counts? lol.
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Vicious school bus attack   Vicious school bus attack - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 6:27 am

Mike2010 wrote:

In school I seemed to have regular face-off's with individuals from the crowd of bullies that 'ruled' the year, and the one time it did culminate in a fight (mentioned previously) it didn't change anything - The thing before and after was still to 'capitalise' on their good moods and avoid each of them if they were in a bad/confrontational mood. I'm talking about seeing them individually - in some lessons (like PE), there were maybe 3 out of 5 of them in the changing rooms (unsupervised), so it was a case of being the grey man (or ideally getting to the lesson late and fucking off early!)

That said though I didn't knock him out or do him any real damage, if it was a conclusive fight then maybe they would have steered clear (but it could have got more sour.. I'd say a 50/50 chance).

I suppose that's more related to the crowd of bullies than the individual though. The one time I did stand up to a lad and ended up taking a swing at him he didn't take the piss again, but he wasn't threatening me with direct violence in the first place I think (just posturing and verbal taunts). I don't think he was a 'fighter' though, he just didn't expect me to turn violent so felt free to show off in front of his mates.

So I suppose it depends on the 'bully' rather than the actual violence inflicted upon them in my case. I'm sorry if i've been talking about myself a lot, just thought I could contribute with the experiences mentioned.

My mate's dad said that he got bullied in school by a lad and one day turned around and hit him in the face, 'after that he didnt bother me', if that counts? lol.

ah, the school pecking order...i really think that a strong and surprizing showing can make a huge impact. especially if one has been keeping a low profile. it makes me remember another time i'd condescended to play basketball--and wasn't too good at it. one of the guys who felt i was soft kept
using me as his platform for ridicule. i was new and felt sheepish enough just going through the motions of the game. i didn't plan it at all but suddenly my frail ego bubbled over and i slammed into him, sending him into a metal fence. i felt truly crazy for just a moment--i was a fat kid that hated being teased and noticed. he was supposed to be one of the school boxers. i could feel the power shift between us, and i indulged in one more nailing into said metal fence.

after that i was as shit scared of him as i ever was, but he left me the hell alone. one for fatty.
tubbo's unite. blubber was hip that day--or for about an hour i reckon lol!
Back to top Go down
Danite

PostSubject: Re: Vicious school bus attack   Vicious school bus attack - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 6:07 pm

I guess sometimes staying quiet has its advantages and sometimes going psycho does to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vicious school bus attack   Vicious school bus attack - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vicious school bus attack
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2