Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot

Go down 
+3
Southpaw
Ben
Richard Grannon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot Empty
PostSubject: video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot   video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 10:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lZytwlTFPY

only the first half, but still worth a peep
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Ben

PostSubject: Re: video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot   video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 10:04 am

I got hit like that a few months back, but on the actual jaw joint, underneath the ear.It knocked me backwards about a foot or so, but my head didn't shake so it didn't knock me out, but it absoloutely killed for about a month afterwards. Sad Smile

I suppose the curve in the punch comes more natural to people than the straight punch anyway, but like you said on the video, it is all about accuracy.
Back to top Go down
Southpaw

PostSubject: Re: video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot   video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 10:11 am

Really good sold vid Richard. I like how you can explain stuff I know and expand on it, or simply refresh my memory and it doesn't become patronising.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot   video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 2:23 pm

thanks Ben, your point about being knocked back is due to be covered in my tutorial next week

Southpaw, Ive learned over the last two years of doing the DVDs that people arent really looking for anything new, though they do welcome a new perspective...AND I learnt from working in schools that slow and precise doesnt have to mean patronising, patronising is an attitude that comes from intention rather than content

I tested this with groups of students who were being prepared by me for their exams, I broke the strategy down into as small chunks as I could with the aim in mind of making someone say to me "sir, we already know this, your going too slow"
Well noone ever did, not once.

And I started with...

1. get a pen and a pad of paper, take the book you wish to study and sit in a quiet comfortable place
2. open the book and read the chapter headings... etc

thing is when people are facing a situation they are scared of, exams/ fights, they WANT step by step instructions, its comforting and really dont we all need to be reminded of the basics?

does anyone know where the clip from fight science showing the kinetic chain up the boxers body is?
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Ben

PostSubject: Re: video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot   video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 3:07 pm

I dont know if this is the video you mean Richie, but I think it is the one on this page.

http://onemansblog.com/2007/08/25/how-to-throw-a-knockout-punch/

I saw this a while back on youtube, and have looked for it again since and havn't been able to find it anywhere. Scroll down a bit to find it.
Back to top Go down
KickTheirButts

PostSubject: Re: video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot   video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 5:32 am

I can't watch the video at the moment, until I go over to my friends who has fast internet.

And this may be covered on it, but here is my question.

I have trained pre-emptive strikes a bit, I have both Ed Bakers dvd and your dvd Pre-emptive strikes advanced Richie, so maybe its covered there.

Now i've practiced them mostly with padwork and last night realized the downfall.

I had a guy go off his nut who was thrown out and ripped off his shirt and shaped up, looking for somebody to throw punches at and he close me. I put my fence up and told him to stay away. His behaviour before this had me ready for a pre-emptive strike, I figured id use the palm hook to the jaw. But he come in too fast before I could even do it and threw a haymaker, I blocked it with a triangle block and he actually lost his balance and fell over and I told him to go home.

Now it was probably to my benefit I didn't hit him, I could of been in trouble. But in the future I may need to be able to do this.

So how to train to pre-emptively strike somebody coming in really quick ready to throw punches or throwing punches?

If they were there static talking shit or moving slowly, it would probably be ok, but last night I realized a problem in not training for them rapidly covering distance.

A bit of amateur question, but I am a amateur and have alot to learn.

Maybe a video newsletter on this would be good if it hasn't been covered Smile *wink wink*
Back to top Go down
Lonewolf333

PostSubject: Re: video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot   video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 3:59 am

Practise your timing on a heavy bag swinging back and forth maybe.
Back to top Go down
slipknot

PostSubject: Re: video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot   video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 6:30 am

kicktheirbutts, if they are running into you or throwing punches the fight has already begun, the chance to pre emt has gone. At this point its time to go ballistic with plenty of forward drive and agreession.
Back to top Go down
RichardB

PostSubject: Re: video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot   video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 12:46 pm

slipknot wrote:
kicktheirbutts, if they are running into you or throwing punches the fight has already begun, the chance to pre emt has gone. At this point its time to go ballistic with plenty of forward drive and agreession.

I second that. And if there are too much punching coming in just crash in with a triangle defense/default position/wedge type of thing so you can start chinjabing, elbowing, clinching, etc.

Last edited by RichardB on Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
Back to top Go down
KickTheirButts

PostSubject: Re: video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot   video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 5:20 am

Hmm.. your right, I guess I got mixed up calling it a pre-emptive strike. I guess I was thinking more of a stop hit kind of thing like in JKD when somebody is coming in and you intercept the attack with one of your own.

But still i'm curious about how to train to do this.

At the time what I was going to do was clinch straight after I blocked, but he fell over anyway.. so i'm not so concerned about fucking it up in that scenario, just want to avoid the possible problems as much as possible when the guy doesn't just fall over.

I just have started training with a guy 1x a week. So don't have a huge amount of flight time, but its better than 0x a week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot   video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot Empty

Back to top Go down

video tutorial- how to deliver a knock out shot
Page 1 of 1