Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

lucky-shot stories

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

lucky-shot stories Empty
PostSubject: lucky-shot stories   lucky-shot stories EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 4:47 am

okay, i know this isn't a 12 step support group or anything, but does anyone have a lucky-shot story where things went your way and--be honest, it was by some grace of:
a. the skin of your teeth and you're not really sure how it worked out
or
b. somehow your opponent/attacker kinda/sorta did the work for you

Example (one from sport fighting; another from my security job)
1. i use to possess good hands and shitty kicks--meaning i wasn't flexible and always tried to kick outside my range rendering my kicks not powerful, and my groin/etc, feeling like a wish bone feels after a wish is made (if you know the tradition). the only power kick i had to speak of years ago was a roundhouse (whilst fighting) and a side kick (in class; on the pads; etc...just didn't have the comfort to throw this kick because it took too long for the follow up with my hands). during sports fights, when i felt out of sorts, i had a general rule. throw as much shit as possible and pray some of it lands. if someone wasn't a contender, this usually carried me up the ladder long enough to get some shitty cheap trophy--not usually first place. my first place would come when i'd take time off, fight more like i would naturally, and freak everyone out into thinking i was training harder when in actuality i was just training smarter--agressive and unfancy. one time one of my teachers essentially said to me, "you better win or you'll be fighting me when we get back". this fooker was built like a brick shit-house. a guy i was fighting ran into one of my desperate side kicks. because he was trying to do some superman-esque airborn fancy pants move, his verticle movement took my leg up with him. what it appeared to onlookers: that i had thrown the flexible powerkick of the fight. people thought i 'caught' him with my fast reflexes. the photo my friend had after looked worse than that. it looked like i had lifted this fooker off the ground with a vicious Bruce Lee style side kick, when all i did was wreck my hip flexer, and necessitate a boxing style match showing after from me. i won from the psychological edge alone. embarassing inept space cadet unwittingly beats a man physically and psychologically--and loves every minute of it.

2. from security work. i was standing on a large book stool trying to see something/someone from the front door where i was posted. a tall man about 6'5" walked up to me--eye to eye now (me all of 5'8"). without any warning whatever, he said, "what would you do if i did this". he timed the word this with his jab. i wasn't soft. i slapped down his hand with alot of force--from my book stool (ha), he muscled upward his hand and inadvertantly catapulted my fist into his eye. you heard a 'crack' over the entire store. his was toast. both hands holding his eye like he'd been shot. again, Bruce Lee-esque, from the slap and quick strike looking development that was, in actuality, him assisting my fist into his eyeball. i did nothing to convince him or anyone otherwise--at the time. he didn't really realize that he had hit himself with my fist, really. silly twat. my boss turned around midstride and quietly walked to the back of the store--not knowing anything other than a man was holding his eye and i obviously had something to do with it. he didn't want to be responsible for firing me because we were friends as well. later he had loads of people supporting the story that a man tried to punch me and quickly got sorted out. nice to see the big man squirming though. i still savor it but know i had little to none to do with the outcome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Ben

lucky-shot stories Empty
PostSubject: Re: lucky-shot stories   lucky-shot stories EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 10:18 pm

Nothing major, but about 10 months or so ago I was having words with a neigbour, and out the came the son, threatening to knock me out etc. I basically just said fuck off I can't be arsed with you, when he hit me with a hook out of nowhere.

I couldn't see shit for some reason, but I swung out anyway, in the hope I may hit him. When I looked up he was some 5 feet away on the floor with his nose pissing blood out. Apparently according to my stepdad who was also there, it looked as if I had complete control and had meant to do what I did. Got the job done and havn't had so much as a peep from that family since, good enough for me.
Back to top Go down

lucky-shot stories
Page 1 of 1