Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way?

Go down 
+7
Tob
asfi
KickTheirButts
Sergei
milan
AdamM
Richard Grannon
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way? Empty
PostSubject: wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way?   wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way? EmptySat May 10, 2008 3:22 pm

I got a really rude email on ebay this morning... now it might just be that there is some kind of cultural language gap thingy going on so i want second opinions:

Quote :
Hi Richie
it's for a first time I see our style on DVD.
Tell me is it copyrighted?No doubt one of many known publicly brawl fighting,am I right? Everyone claims the originals,S.E.A.L.S US.;ELITE FORCES;Rangers;Marines;SAS;SPETNATZ;
WOW man...and now CLOSE COMBAT too, including SAS?
Tell you what...send me set...I shall check it out...if it is a **GENUINE** article...I SHALL immediately pay you in full on "honor promise".
AGREED?Shall we see what's in you Richie?
***THE MAN***- or just a peddler of DVDS?
If you are for real, not just a boy who peddles DVDS of SAS you'll respond.
Who Dares Wins!
SEER

i did not like this at all and responded (first thing in morning before my coffee) with a tetchy

Quote :

how about "NO"?

Does "NO" work for you?

Either buy it properly like everyone else or piss off

Richie

his reply

Quote :
No Richard I have not asked anything for FREE- just to send it, before I pay for it, to view it and pay accordingly. IN FULL after viewing.
Obviously you have misunderstood.
You talk **man's talk** Richie.
SEER

this pissed me off either more and Ive just sent him s tinging email telling him to mind his fucking manners

but now Im rethinking... when I trained at gymbox in london and at the gracie jujitsu place in marbella I trained with a lot of eastern european guys
And their attitude used to really really rub me up the wrong way because in training they were so "full on" and excitable... took me a while to realise they just love their training and have a different way of acting, really obvious alpha male stuff.

1. do you think this guy's syntax sounds e.european?
2. have i got it wrong like a moody fook?
3. when he says "you talk mans talk" is he taking the piss or could he in his own twisted way be paying me a compliment?

I notice russian and polish have this thing about "acting like man" which never worked well for me, made me think of Borat.

Anyway Ive told him off for calling me names.

Have I got this wrong?
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way?   wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way? EmptySat May 10, 2008 4:01 pm

quite possibly. He's quite right about there being a lot of RBSD 'experts' out there. I think he's being pretty cheeky asking for a try before you buy, especially considering how many sample clips you've got in the public domain.

I think you're right to tell him to 'piss off' but you didn't necessarily have to tell him to "piss off" if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
milan

PostSubject: Re: wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way?   wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way? EmptySat May 10, 2008 5:13 pm

Hi Richie,

It’s hard to judge about an appropriate answer to that guy.
My origins stems from those eastern Europe countries too but I’m not russian, neither polish and it’s pretty hard for me to affirm that mailer is from eastern Europe.
I agree with you, there are some rules to respect and if someone wants to see your products, well there’s a price. It’s simple. Now as for that syntax, I cant’t say if it sounds e.e. coutries or something other.
However, you’re right there’s some kinda a language proper to eastern block using some nice words as “honor, bravery, man’s word etc.”
So the best think to do is NOTHING, if he don’t want to buy your products properly.
Cheers;
ps . By the way, I’m looking forward to see if there will be something new from Bob Spour. The SAS package I bought is excellent. I really enjoyed “No doubt, no fear”, it’s just the best NLP material I had seen.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way?   wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way? EmptySat May 10, 2008 5:18 pm

thanks guys

Quote :
Well,

Richie actually I am British. Lived most of my life in U.S.

I agree with you, manners are different and what is unacceptable here is norm there.

I am in no need to buy your items. BUT I do always support my own people, obviously you are not of my regiment.

That I do not hold against you.

I do realize it is a business for you and fully respect it.

After all, ***YOU TUBE*** has tons of all information on all aspects of training of every elite force in the world.

I guess it is a latest fad to many.

I liked what I have seen your offer for sale, only wanted to be sure that is something I wanted.

For my boy.

Since you were very rude in your response to my **SUGGESTION** in my first letter, not at all unusual....to view three DVDs and then send you FULL PAYMENT,if you were

**RICHIE** confident in quality of that video, you would not have problem with it, to send it and accept fyll payment in 24 hours past delivery to me.

See, **RICHIE** I did send you my full name, address and all information. I DO NOT HIDE.

Presumebly you can read English language, there you'll find clause last words that I promised to pay you in full after viewing all three DVDs on my WORD of HONOR,obviously that term is strange to you my man.

Still wishing you success.

SEER

nah, i think i got him right the first time Razz
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way?   wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way? EmptySat May 10, 2008 6:04 pm

Adam
always concerned for my public image: sensible and polite... i know i know i should listen

Milan

its this: "its for a first time I see our style on DVD"

that isnt english or american syntax... actually it might be spanish, like if you replace word for word? so could be any latin root language "es por el primero vez que he visto nuestro estilo"
Milan, are all e.e. langauge roughly the same syntax as each other? do they all have same root?
if so how would you say that phrase in your native language?

"pay you in full on "honor promise".
AGREED?Shall we see what's in you Richie?"

Not a US or UK expression, I know what he's saying but have you ever heard a yank or a limey say that?
Back to top Go down
Sergei

Sergei

PostSubject: Re: wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way?   wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way? EmptySat May 10, 2008 10:03 pm

Quote :
1. do you think this guy's syntax sounds e.european?
if I HAD to guess I would say the Balkans or Turkey if you limit it to Europe.

Quote :
2. have i got it wrong like a moody fook?
You are not wrong.

Quote :
3. when he says "you talk mans talk" is he taking the piss or could he in his own twisted way be paying me a compliment?
Taking the piss.

Quote :
Anyway Ive told him off for calling me names.
Block him from buying from you and report it to eBay, as it's a violation to ask you for merchandise and pay by other means.

Quote :
Have I got this wrong?
No you got it right mate. I almost forgot to leave you positive feedback on the last purchase (I don't go to eBay much) and finally remembered to do so. It's cool of you that after the buyer has fulfilled their end of the bargain you leave feedback. Most of the sheepish sellers on eBay don't do that. That was a very lame negative you got. You might want to contact the person and see if you can have the feedback mutually withdrawn. There was someone "renting" your DVD's in digital format for 24 hr time periods on eBay. I'm not sure if you know about that or if they are still doing it. Very strange email - I agree.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way?   wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way? EmptySat May 10, 2008 11:35 pm

thanks Sergei

i blocked him... i think they are on off shoot of totalvid.com on ebay? which is fine because ive got an ongoing contract with them

the vast majority (like 99%) of customers are cool, we do get some odd ones, more from ebay than from the website

lads, im off for a few days

look after the forum for me, report anything "off" to the Loki

take care Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sergei

Sergei

PostSubject: Re: wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way?   wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way? EmptySun May 11, 2008 1:50 am

Quote :
lads, im off for a few days

Same here. I'm going to stay offline for a few days. Take care all. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KickTheirButts

PostSubject: Re: wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way?   wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way? EmptySun May 11, 2008 4:19 am

To be very unsubtle -

That guy is retarded.

I would happily pay for your dvds as its very good material.

affraid monkey cat alien rendeer santa farao cherry albino king elephant afro flower
Back to top Go down
asfi

PostSubject: Re: wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way?   wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way? EmptySun May 11, 2008 6:23 am

Don't think much about it, mate.

You've got other fish to fry.

This person you're wasting time on is just that. A waste of time.
Back to top Go down
milan

PostSubject: Re: wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way?   wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way? EmptySun May 11, 2008 8:37 am

yeap, I think too….
don’t waste your time on that guy Richie,
just to answer your question, I would guess also the latin roots for him…maybe Spanish or Romanian(Romain belongs to eastern countries block, their language’s classed Latin, I used to work with them too in legion, so I know little bit about their way of speaking. My speciality within the platoon I was assiged, was linguist and I studied few other languages. I don't think he's from UK.
But as I said earlier, it’s still hard to assert the origins of that guy.
Just let him sleep Richie, it's a waste of time......
cheers;

Last edited by milan on Mon May 12, 2008 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tob

Tob

PostSubject: Re: wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way?   wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way? EmptyMon May 12, 2008 12:47 am

milan wrote:

maybe Spanish or Romanian (though they belong to eastern countries block, their language’s classed Latin)

Spain is most defenitely NOT a part of Eastern Europe, they never have been and they never will be. Even Romania is rarely considered a part of Eastern Europe.
Back to top Go down
paulb

paulb

PostSubject: Re: wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way?   wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way? EmptyMon May 12, 2008 7:42 am

Let him have the material FOC Richie, in turn you'll get his name and address Twisted Evil ,he wouldn't expect that , would put a stop to his bull, he'll brick it!
Back to top Go down
milan

PostSubject: Re: wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way?   wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way? EmptyMon May 12, 2008 10:20 am

answer to Tob:
Well, my friend I've never said Spain was part of e. block...Romain does...but that's not a problem...
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way?   wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way? EmptyMon May 12, 2008 3:58 pm

Richie,
i just now saw the message. my degree was in anthropology, and i am
supposed to be a cultural broker of sorts. i've spent time in an ashram,
so that means i should have a handle on my emotions--being able to get
a proper perspective...yada yada yada. that's guy's emails, quite honestly, sent my blood pressure up. he probably had one or more of his mates looking on and probably gets a rise out of having the rep' of riling who others look up to. there's a technical term for what he is, in the states they call it a "ding-dong".
-Rus
p.s. whoever said, "you have other fish to fry" summed it up for me...and
made me hungry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
AKelly

AKelly

PostSubject: Re: wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way?   wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way? EmptyThu May 15, 2008 12:23 am

I'm in agreement with the others. This person was just trying to scam you out of some DVDs. I've had people try that with me on items I've sold on Ebay. In your language, he's just a WANKER! lol!

Arnold
Back to top Go down
Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

PostSubject: Re: wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way?   wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way? EmptyFri May 16, 2008 9:09 am

Richie Grannon,
I am wanting for free to view some SAS DVDs. For to make certain the obligations are met in the correct manner.

Fighting in the Spetznaz I am for certain the proper methods breaking chin for self defense.

Judging DVDs in the correct manner for to make sure the good they do. You see?

I Spetznaz in excellent standing for my peoples. I make good fist for video play. You will see.

Trade DVD for 3 rolls toilet paper, no tear through thumb. Is good.

Most sincerely,
Ex-Spetznaz killing man of reknown
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way?   wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way? EmptyTue May 20, 2008 1:37 pm

Quote :
Fighting in the Spetznaz I am for certain the proper methods breaking chin for self defense.

I Spetznaz in excellent standing for my peoples. I make good fist for video play. You will see.

in an internet cafe, pissing myself laughing like an idiot
Back to top Go down
KickTheirButts

PostSubject: Re: wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way?   wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way? EmptyTue May 20, 2008 4:04 pm

Quote :
Richie Grannon,
I am wanting for free to view some SAS DVDs. For to make certain the obligations are met in the correct manner.

Trade DVD for 3 rolls toilet paper, no tear through thumb. Is good.

Most sincerely,
Ex-Spetznaz killing man of reknown

Being it the Spetznaz you don't need a dvd! You are already undefeatable and can beat people with psychic energy (check out footage for a dvd 'beyond the physical' its GREAT)..

Any reality based stuff would stop your effectiveness and make you unable to use your psychic energy as Richie doesn't teach that yet.

Quote :
in an internet cafe, pissing myself laughing like an idiot

Thats a funny image! I always get funny looks when i'm laughing at random things in public, but its fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way?   wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way? Empty

Back to top Go down

wierd email- am i taking this the wrong way?
Page 1 of 1