Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

wrong target, multiple opponents

Go down 
+2
Loki
AdamM
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AdamM

wrong target, multiple opponents Empty
PostSubject: wrong target, multiple opponents   wrong target, multiple opponents EmptyMon May 05, 2008 7:13 pm

picked on the wrong random dude
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oKfNTTnXhUo&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Loki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wrong target, multiple opponents   wrong target, multiple opponents EmptyTue May 06, 2008 6:21 am

Quite old clip there, could find lots of discussion in different forums.

Just thinking what happened when the two guys followed the boxer!
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: wrong target, multiple opponents   wrong target, multiple opponents EmptyTue May 06, 2008 7:26 am

sorry about the old clip Rolling Eyes

I did think it looked a little like one of the guys might have pulled a weapon before walking out of shot near the end.
Back to top Go down
Loki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: wrong target, multiple opponents   wrong target, multiple opponents EmptyTue May 06, 2008 8:06 am

I have this feeling that the boxer hurt his hands quite abit

Dont need to be sorry for it Smile
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: wrong target, multiple opponents   wrong target, multiple opponents EmptyTue May 06, 2008 12:37 pm

I think there are a few other points worth mentioning about the clip.

Firstly, the bad guys were able to get up and head off after the good guy. Although he obviously had a serious skill advantage, the element of suprise was gone and if either were tooled up, they'd certainly produce the goods now. He probably should have gone a step further.

I find the delayed reaction of the bad guy in the dark jacket interesting. He barely reacts at all while the girlfriend hitter takes a beating. He doen't seem to realise he's in a fight until his first punches get delivered.

Thirdly, the girl was trying to pull the fella off. This is something I've discussed with my wife before and I've told her if ever we were in a situation like this one, she's to head straight for safety and call for help, rather than hang around and maybe get caught up in it.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: wrong target, multiple opponents   wrong target, multiple opponents EmptyTue May 06, 2008 3:01 pm

Quote :
Thirdly, the girl was trying to pull the fella off.

fnaaaar!

sorry... What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
milan

PostSubject: Re: wrong target, multiple opponents   wrong target, multiple opponents EmptyTue May 06, 2008 4:49 pm

It feels weird…the people were speaking language I can speak…was born there ;
Now it’s evident that our boxer prevailed physically the two wankers with the element of surprise pretty on his side. But where’s mistake as for the scumbags? They moved backward and didn’t stop. Simply, the boxer just took advantage and ate them.
Just step in, like seen in Bob Spour’s dvds and try to go for a throat or chin. It works, have done this before in real life or in military trainings, whatever, some black belts changed their pride. What’s required is the physical power with simple moves, not the fancy techniques peacefully learned on tatami. It’s not about competing.
Cheers;
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: wrong target, multiple opponents   wrong target, multiple opponents EmptyTue May 06, 2008 7:18 pm

i remember this clip. one of my favorites( along with that one boxer in the traffic jam who keeps dropping people like sacks). this boxer was in 5th gear and the other two seemed under skilled--by comparison. the one that really didn't react at all seemed like he just froze. i bet he did nothing--all over again, after following. just moving in automatic pilot off the energy of the one with some fight in him who kept following. i still bet the results were about the same...some people just don't know when to say 'i lost'.
have you seen the one where the police intructor--of self defense, knocks out the drunk pimp...a little off topic i know, but this one is good too.
i'm sure they're all on Richard's website...can't remember if the pimp one is on there.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pimp+knocked+out&search_type=

-rus
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: wrong target, multiple opponents   wrong target, multiple opponents EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:49 pm

Hey Russ, that clip is one of the ones we looked at on the Real Fights Real Defence DVD series

as to this clip and the turkish traffic boxer dude I think as it goes they did ok.

However if i hit someone that many times and didnt get at least a partial ko i would be upset also when they go down I would of kicked them in the head to make sure they didnt get back up so Id have to do it all over again

A little tap with the foot would of made the job more thorough ...

and to be honest if someone smacked my girlfriend it would of been more than a little tap, watching that made me feel a bit frustrated, if I had just seen it happen to another couple my response would of been stronger than that guys.

As it goes, neither video clip does boxing any harm as a means of street self defense comparatively speaking... but Ive said it before and I'll no doubt say it again, whilst combat sports give you many great attributes, skills and techniques they have some gaping holes for street application.
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: wrong target, multiple opponents   wrong target, multiple opponents EmptyWed May 07, 2008 12:34 am

Richie,
i see what you mean. point taken. thanks for keeping my thinking straight. they did get up a bit fast.
-Rus
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
KickTheirButts

PostSubject: Re: wrong target, multiple opponents   wrong target, multiple opponents EmptyWed May 07, 2008 6:26 am

So I will comment on the video. I have seen it before, it is good. It would be interesting to know the pre-contact stuff, like what the guys were doing and why they hit his gf. And also what happened after.

He dropped them several times, but it didn't look like it had stopping power as they quickly come back. I hope he beat the shit out of them off camera, as that kind of shit that they did isn't acceptable.

Last edited by KickTheirButts on Wed May 07, 2008 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Posted something in wrong topic..)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wrong target, multiple opponents   wrong target, multiple opponents Empty

Back to top Go down

wrong target, multiple opponents
Page 1 of 1