Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

what do u think of my workout

Go down 
+2
thugsage
cozz25
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cozz25

cozz25

what do u think of my workout Empty
PostSubject: what do u think of my workout   what do u think of my workout EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 3:05 am

i have what u would call the average joe workout routine...basically all i do is pushups and curls...but lots of em!! everyday i perform between 200-300 pushups in sets of 20-50 reps and for curls i use a 50lb dumbell and do 3 sets of 15-20 reps...ive been doing this workout for 5 years...its fast and simple for me...i used to do all the powerlifting and bodybuilding routines but always loved this workout because i dont need a gym and can do it basically all day whenever i want..no worries for trying to get to the gym..when nobodys looking i drop down and do 20 pushups lol...by the end of the afternoon i have 200 gone...get home and do about 15 minutes with the curls..a couple times a week i do sum cardio such as jogging or shadow boxing for about 20 minutes..doing this routine has kept my whole body fit and strong...wierd thing is i dont work my legs or lats anymore and they have gotten a bit bigger and alot stronger just from doing pushups and curls.. a couple of my buddies used to do this routine and have had pretty good results..any of you do this workout or have tried it???
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: what do u think of my workout   what do u think of my workout EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 1:39 pm

hiya cozmo,

funny thing is, you wont hear complaints from me...someone i knew--not a mate
but close enough on the radar to be impressed by, used to do sets of 25 pushups
all day. end of the day brought 500--for him. he was a guy that would periodically
take the first place at tournaments, forms and fighting, he had a knife form that
made people gasp, he was also a chef and would do the pushups in the privacy of
his work area. anyway, i've never seen anyone more ripped than he was. my own
story is that whilst i was trying to pack on muscle marbled with blubber for years,
it wasn't until i did a concentrated wittling down of my powerlifting, to where only
heaps of pushups/pullups/and squats--which i wasn't giving up, did i see the best
physical shape in my musculature of my whole life. so again, it doesn't surprise me.

as for the musculature, and how you are no longer tied to lat work--all the muscles
are connected and take part in all your movements in varying degrees. makes sense.
i'd be mildly carefull not to overly strain your lower back. this can be balanced by
stretching and doing situps--even as i know pushups get the lower abs, they also put
a strain on your lower back...over years, not months. in my humble opinion, your
pushups, your curls, and some situps--with your shadow boxing that might be the real
culprit to your leg muscles, should be covering alot of bases in your daily fitness
requirements.

good on ya. if it works, don't fix it right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
cozz25

cozz25

PostSubject: Re: what do u think of my workout   what do u think of my workout EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 5:06 am

hmmmm very interesting! just goes to show that a person doesnt really need a very scientific workout program like most magazines have..i think thats the main problem nowdays...to much confusion..just like richie says about self protection, ppl get to technical with it and forget the basics..they confuse themselves with to much information...most ppl dont stick with workouts to see the real benefit of them and move on thinking they will find the magic workout but it never happens..i know cause ive done it a million times lol...this goes with other stuff as well..not just training in the gym or the dojo..anyways back to the topic

i was thinking of adding sum situps in the workout but the problem is i just hate doing them, i get bored with them..same as why i dont do squats i absolutly hate them to death!!!...i used to do a lot of squats but when i was 18 i ended up falling with 300lbs on my back (yes i was alone without a spotter, not good, but im stuborn like that)...i managed to throw the bar off my back when falling foreward and all i got was a lower back strain...was sore for about a week..coulda been alot worse!!! now everytime i try to do squats i end up getting a sore back again and i feel very uncomfortable when doing the excersise..could be more of a pcshycological thing though...im scared of falling again, even if i have a spotter..reason why i do my pushup and curl routine is because i never seem to get bored with doing them...i love to do it!! when i workout its fun...no more going to the gym dreading a leg day..i just drop down and do 50 pushups and move on with my day lol..once and a while i substitute my one arm 50lb dumbbell curls with 115lb barbell curls...i can do a strict barbell curl with 145lbs..all depends how i feel that day i guess..anyways thanx for replying to my topic...glad to see other ppl do this type of training too..oh and by the way i got my old job back on the railroad which is very physical,so that should add to my workout...im basically gonna be swinging a 12 pound sledge hammer and lifting railroad ties all day for 8 hours..great workout for core body strength..it sure added muscle to my shoulders and arms when i did this before..alot of MMA fighters are doing this now as a workout ..should be interesting to see the results i get..
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: what do u think of my workout   what do u think of my workout EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 1:38 pm

cozmo86 wrote:
i got my old job back on the railroad which is very physical,so that should add to my workout...im basically gonna be swinging a 12 pound sledge hammer and lifting railroad ties all day for 8 hours..great workout for core body strength..it sure added muscle to my shoulders and arms when i did this before..alot of MMA fighters are doing this now as a workout ..should be interesting to see the results i get..

probably the best of all--for that wrist/hand strength and how it coordinates with
the body mechanics. inspiring. you probably don't need anything else--just telling you
that i did squats, you could do squats without weight, with duck foot placement
[wide stance and feet facing out]. after about 50 or more of those slow, you don't
really need to think about stacking a barbell. i know the fear of squats...i used to just
use [in the end--after much heavy lifting along the years] 135, more for slow form
than anything. now i do them without weight at all. i am usually as fast as 95 percent
of the young guys i train for running and explosive sprints. i don't worry about that
last 5% that would beat me out no matter how i trained Laughing i also rely alot on my
MA drills that mimic sprints into pad hitting work--not unlike the US football drill
of running into a dummy and driving it back. works wonders.

i'm with you on using what is always going to be availible to you. too much primping
and ritual and dependancy on gym hours etc...it's a headache, and the returns are
about the same--unless you're going into bodybuilding or something Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: what do u think of my workout   what do u think of my workout EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 1:55 pm

i too hate the squats and the abs

if you have dumbells you could bang out some thrusters

you could try a couple of sets of jump squats, as many as you can in 2 minutes, see how that does you

with the abs, if you hate it I think its best to start the workout with it and following the same principles as you mentioned above just pick 2 or 3 ab exercises, hammer them right at the begninning of the workout then its done and you can carry on with stuff you enjoy more

my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: what do u think of my workout   what do u think of my workout EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 12:28 am

Do the stuff you hate too ..... it'll make your mind stronger.
Back to top Go down
Martialarm

Martialarm

PostSubject: Re: what do u think of my workout   what do u think of my workout EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 7:42 pm

You will see better results if you mix it up with some additional exercises. You need to constantly challenge the body and muscle groups. Doing the same all of the time does not challenge your body. It becomes too easy. You would probably see better results with less effort and less time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.martialarm.com
simmo2010

simmo2010

PostSubject: Re: what do u think of my workout   what do u think of my workout EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 8:30 pm

late on this one but I say if it works for you crack on... me personally I work out between 3 and 5 times a week and change my workouts every two weeks, sometimes 5x5 heavy sets other times 4x15 lighter sets, cross body workouts. Recently mixed in medicine ball and kettle ball full body moves and feel bit more supple/stronger for it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do u think of my workout   what do u think of my workout Empty

Back to top Go down

what do u think of my workout
Page 1 of 1