Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pretty cool image

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
roadkill

roadkill

Pretty cool image Empty
PostSubject: Pretty cool image   Pretty cool image EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 3:06 pm

This image of a giant redwood tree, is composed of many images so they could get the whole thing in one shot.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/redwoods/gatefold-image

and a brief vid on how they did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9LHjV48e9s&feature=player_embedded#
Back to top Go down
Mike2010

Mike2010

Pretty cool image Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty cool image   Pretty cool image EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 10:03 pm

Do you know what, I saw the picture on the front of the magazine the other day, where the guy was climbing up it. You could have parked a car in there if you made a hole - and this must have been 50ft up! Never knew that they got that .. HUGE

And I'm a Forestry student too! (want to adopt me? I'll send you a picture of a tree every Christmas with a little note saying how I'm doing.)
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

Pretty cool image Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty cool image   Pretty cool image EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 10:53 pm

Northern CA is spectacular, especially the 'lost coast' area. Great picture Pretty cool image Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

Pretty cool image Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty cool image   Pretty cool image EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 8:40 pm

Thankyou. Great picture. Awesome, in fact.
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

Pretty cool image Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty cool image   Pretty cool image EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 11:15 pm

Roadkill,

this is why i fell in love with california. i am slightly clostrophobic...used to outdoors stuff--on the east coast, with it's
cramped and root-veined paths...pebbles to slide down, stepped terraces for stumble down, etc...
no complaints, but it is a work in 'concentration'. when i went out west, i found forest paths of red earth that were as
wide as streets, enormous trees that stretched up and had the thickness compatible with the paths. you have no
idea just how much i exhaled.

nice picture. i remember seeing a mother bear and her cubs in a forest that had trees like this--i almost shat m'self,
as an aside...but there was plenty of room to go the other way, right. i love the size of such forests. where is it you are
based out of??? are you on the west coast?

scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
roadkill

roadkill

Pretty cool image Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty cool image   Pretty cool image EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 12:54 am

I'm in central florida just outside Tampa, but I spent 4 years out west when I was in the Air Force. I loved the west and I really miss it. It was deffinetly really cool. I to love the outdoors and use to go hiking in the desert at night. Freaky but cool as shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pretty cool image Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty cool image   Pretty cool image Empty

Back to top Go down

Pretty cool image
Page 1 of 1