Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION   TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 12:24 am

ANY ADVICE ON A NASTY SPIDER BITE.
MY RIGHT CALF LOOKS LIKE A WATER BALLOON DOWN TO MY ANKLE.

I WAS BITTEN WHILST PLAYING FOOTBALL, THE FOOKER CRAWLED UP MY LEG, AND MET IT'S DEATH AFTER
CHOMPING ON MY SHANK.

FEELS LIKE A MUSCLE PULL IN MY CALF IT'S SO FOOKING SORE. IRONIC, LITTLE FOOKING THREAT YOU DON'T
SEE, VS. THE ANGRY BULL IN YOUR DRIVE WAY. scratch

GIVE ME THE VISIBLE THREAT ANYDAY
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
roadkill

roadkill

PostSubject: Re: TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION   TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 11:55 am

If it's affecting you to that degree, sounds like you might want to have it looked at. Do you always react in that manner to a spider bits?
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION   TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 1:38 pm

mate you could be allergic

one of the signs of anaphylaxis setting in is swelling

just go to the hospital now
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION   TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 1:42 pm

uh... not that I want to alarm you, statisically its really unlikely you are THAT allergic that it could be fatal

but fuck it, you may as well just go

if your breathing becomes difficult or you get diarreah or your eyelids swell then you need to treat the situation with a bit more urgency
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION   TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 3:00 pm

Richie/Roadkill,

my only possible lead is that my dad looked like a human grape over a bee once--but he'd been stung
by other types of bees and not reacted in that way.

once i snarked a free sample of 'bee-pollen' health tablets and my throat nearly closed entirely. i was flushing
it with liquids in the parking lot for about 30 minutes before things went right. i've had my share of bee stings
but it made me aware that there may be some toxins i'm not suited to deal with.

i don't know why that didn't really occur to me, but last night it occured to my mother in law, who had me
snark a bunch of benedrill--which wiped me out. i think this morning--in light of swelling sort of leveling off
and SLIGHTLY going down, that whether it was some common jumping spider on a sensitive system, or something
more potent [probably the former] that the worst is over.

and yes, i hate doctors and regularly go into denial over the u.s. health care system that would have me
sitting in an emergency room for hours before--probably at this stage, giving me what my m-in-law did.
i probably should have gone straight in [in retrospect]. my wife, who for some reason under reacts to everything
i tell her--to include not being able to imagine me in a fight [ Question ] kept telling me she thought it was a muscle
pull lol! , doubting everything i told her until her scientist mother freaked out and gave me the benedrill. Laughing

i reckon i may want to have some tests that may tell me where my allergies are, and where they aren't--thanks
for your reponse guys

daughters yelling at me for more cherios Laughing , on the plus side she's learned to say 'daddy'. her other three words
are: hi; no lol! ; and 'ball' after seeing my spaz dog going bonkers over his mini soccer ball toy. it's official, she now
owns me.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION   TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 6:06 pm

as long as your alirght mate Cool
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

PostSubject: Re: TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION   TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 8:13 pm

Glad your alright, Rus. Are you sure it wasnt irradiated?

Keep an eye you dont develop hairy palms like peter parker.
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION   TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 am

Russ,
Main thing to look out for it if the area around the bite gets nasty and ulcerated looking - then you really do need to go in to get it checked out ...really. There are Brown Recluse spiders out here, not sure about your neck of the woods ... nasty things, though rare to come across them. If you want to freak yourself out, go look them up.
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION   TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 6:52 am

maija wrote:
Russ,
Main thing to look out for it if the area around the bite gets nasty and ulcerated looking - then you really do need to go in to get it checked out ...really. There are Brown Recluse spiders out here, not sure about your neck of the woods ... nasty things, though rare to come across them. If you want to freak yourself out, go look them up.

CHEERS MAIJA...gonna look it up after scratch
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

PostSubject: Re: TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION   TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 7:18 pm

Wondered if it might be a recluse. Read about them somewhere. Nasty venom. keep an eye on it. If it ulcerates , then do as Maija suggests.

Other than that, any powers manifested yet?
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION   TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 7:30 pm

Blakops wrote:
Wondered if it might be a recluse. Read about them somewhere. Nasty venom. keep an eye on it. If it ulcerates , then do as Maija suggests.

Other than that, any powers manifested yet?

if moodiness is a power, then i'm off to go and get one of those
pajama-under-clothes superhero outfits right away. taking inventory:
-moody
-stomach upset
-headache
-erm, running to the loo
-swollen leg

that's it, i'm turning into a pachyderm--i'm rhino man [enter some
nice super hero music, like 'dirty-deeds' by ACDC.

actually i think my swelling gone down--thanks mate,
and i think i'm always moody lol!
the stomach thing i could do without
and the headaches were sort of diluted by loads of cuppa's

i reckon it'll alleviate, it seems to be. i had a small little scab area,
but it isn't getting ulcerated. i'm fooking itching like the end is near,
the only scabs are the holes i've personally made in my leg.
fooking spiders, i hate them.

they're no match for RHINO MAN--burp drunken Sleep

cheers for the info, i've been taking it more seriously than it may
seem. benedrill, ibuprofen, elevation, etc...
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

PostSubject: Re: TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION   TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 7:51 pm

Well keep an eye on it. I suppose that one of the things i really value in the UK & thats the free NHS & access to Gp's.

And the lack of poisonous beasties, obviously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION   TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION Empty

Back to top Go down

TOXINS TOXINS TOXINS: HEALTH QUESTION
Page 1 of 1