Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

fear of question?

Go down 
+5
Lonewolf333
Southpaw
RichardB
T.K.
Richard Grannon
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

fear of question? Empty
PostSubject: fear of question?   fear of question? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 5:58 pm

ok its not news to anyone who knows me that whilst im a super triple hard ultra tactical urban ninja with jedi mind control skills that would make hannibal lecter feel exposed I am no great businessman or marketeer...

not many martial arts buffs are to be fair

the thing is I havent got a single testimonial in any of my sales copy anywhere, why?

is it because I dont get people writing to me and saying "hey your shit saved my life the other night", nope, its because im too lazy and disorganised to save them when I get them

and I have in my massive and disorganised hotmail inbox 2769 UNREAD messages... its a mess

please help me:

if you like the style of teaching offered by myself or Bob Spour can we get a quote from you:

"Richie is an amazing teacher, I learnt more from him about barroom brawling in 30 minutes, than my 25 years in the shaolin temple"

etc, etc

I am looking for generic things like this and ones specific to certain material... the sales copy Im working on is on my favourite titles first, chip in if you have something positive to say about:

SAS fight secrets

no doubt no fear

preemptive strikes advanced

psychology of violence

Asking for testimonials for your products is about as unprofessional as a marketeer as it gets. But then you dont pay me for my marketing expertise!

I know something is going wrong when friendly customers are sednign me emails saying:

"Richie,

I run a marketing agency, your products are really good, let me give you some marketing tips in exchange for free dvds"

lol!

None of which I mind, Im happy that people want to help and can see that Im open to suggestions.

SO if you have anything tesitomnial worthy or any advice for me, please feel free to fire away here.

Any feedback about my current marketing methods, good and bad would be welcome at this point.

two more questions while im on a roll...

do you ever feel like you were oversold or undersold a streetfightsecrets product?

Dont worry Im not going to hike the prices up if you say Ive undersold, loyal customers always get discounts as you know. And I wont be upset if you say you felt I oversold a product or mispriced it.

This is a street fight forum, you can give it to me straight and I wont cry... for longer than it takes me to drink a bottle of vodka and listen to "the Cure" for 3 hours straight Razz

Anything you can do to help me will ultimately help you- for obvious reasons afro

Last edited by Richard Grannon on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : you all fear sounding like a sycophant which is a display of weakness as it implies you care about the opinions of others- pah!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
T.K.

fear of question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fear of question?   fear of question? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 6:35 pm

I dunno lad bour marketin. Must be doin sumthin rite tho!

The hypno cds were boss
Back to top Go down
RichardB

fear of question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fear of question?   fear of question? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 8:39 pm

Personally I tend to find marketing a bit off putting. I guess it is a reaction to all the over-marketing that can be seen everywhere these days. A form of reactance if you will. It's one of the cool things about streetfightsecrets that the marketing isn't as intense as elsewhere. "No hype, just the facts." But then again I suppose a healthy amount of marketing is necessary, as you can't exactly expect people to guess that there's a product sold at this and that website now can you? Well unless they have psychic powers anyway. Wink

Given the fact that I've got everything but two DVD's (padworks and des. cycles if I'm not screwing around) I think I can afford to say that the prices are actually surprisingly low at times, seeing that many of the DVD's go for as low as £7 while you culd easily charge at least twice that amount without being unreasonable in any way. I recently purchased the fear and state DVD's from Lee Morrison you reccomended somewhere in the forum, I noticed by comparison that most of his stuff seems to sell at around £30, and that seems like perfectly reasonable prices to me.

But let's see... Right now I better run if I intend to get some snacks before the kiosk closes for the night.
Back to top Go down
Southpaw

fear of question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fear of question?   fear of question? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 8:41 pm

'It's simple, with Richard you get the facts. Self defence becomes self protection. This stuff can really save your life' - Chris Jeffs

You can quote that if you want. Yeah it's a bit "market wise" but ey it can be true for myself and others.

I think that's what you were looking for?
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

fear of question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fear of question?   fear of question? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 10:29 pm

thanks for your help and feedback so far gents!
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

fear of question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fear of question?   fear of question? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 11:27 am

recieved via email

Quote :
Hiya Richie, let me do a testimonial that does justice to the products that you offer. I have been a regular customer for some time now and I am delighted with every product. Use that one by all means but I will eulogise even more in a proper testimonial!Keep up the goodwork. Lance
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

fear of question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fear of question?   fear of question? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 7:24 pm

Quote :
Thanks for the response Richie!

Hawaii has a bunch of Martial Arts. Almost all are strict on style and others (such as Jujitsu) have ethics I simply do not believe in (such as teaching people who are clearly looking to go out and make trouble in the public. Others teach how do defeat Police and the gear they carry...I myself being a Police Officer). I have been looking for a street fighting, self defense techniques that can be used immediately and are effective. Much of what I have seen in what you teach, along with Bob Spours, deal with techniques that can be used NOW.

As a Police Officer, it is very important to me. I find that your fencing ideal fits into the critieria of what every Police Officer should be using. Unfortunatly, going fists and unleashing on someone is frowned upon. Personally, I will do whatever it takes to get me and my beat partners home safe to our families. As to the Lua style Hawaiian martial art, it is deeply rooted in culture and requires certain commitments to be made before getting taught...unless the Kumu or teacher has broken tradition and just teaches it to anyone. I just made a purchase from ebay for the SAS set and will probably be getting the fencing and clinching DVD's also. Thanks for putting out such great material

its cool that police like the material
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

fear of question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fear of question?   fear of question? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 9:52 pm

Quote :
"I recently purchased the SFS Knife Attack DVD's. As a pracitioner of tactical knife fighting and hand-to-hand combat, I highly recommend this DVD as an excellent source to the realities of becoming involved with an armed attacker. Remember, if you can run, run. But, if you have to defend yourself make sure you know how to handle the attacker - this DVD series is an eye opener."

this one just came from a forum member

guys dont be scared of the question, obviously u must like the material or you wouldnt be here... im not ask for a salad toss here just a sentence will do

"This material is quite good for cracking heads and washing my brain with hypnosis"
Dave

doorman of 25 years, former chelsea head hunter

see?

its not hard

lol!
Back to top Go down
Lonewolf333

fear of question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fear of question?   fear of question? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 12:07 am

"If you want to learn how to protect yourself in these violent modern times, Richard is your man"
-Philip R. T.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

fear of question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fear of question?   fear of question? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 1:42 pm

thanks Phil!

just recieved another

Quote :
I've just watched all three No Doubt No Fear DVDs back to back. They are a fascinating insight into the psychological aspects of Self Protection and I recommend anyone serious about acheiving their potential in their training and their life as a whole should own this material.
Back to top Go down
AR7142

AR7142

fear of question? Empty
PostSubject: re: fear of question?   fear of question? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 3:24 am

Richie, I guess what I find most appealing with your and Bob's DVD's is the down to earth way everything is laid out. You both have that way about you of giving the feeling of being my mate and just drilling in the instructional material. Instead of giving off the impression that I'm dealing with some egotistical, thinks he knows it all, hype his way of fighting, jerk; You and Bob just come off as no nonsense, fun to train with, down to earth, very well trained fighters. I'm no business marketer myself, so I don't know how to sum that all up into a good marketing quote, but people just need to be given the impression that your and Bob's training material is straightforward, easy to comprehend, for the real world, self protection training and that you aren't some hyped up 'my way or no way' type of guy. My 2 cents anyway.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

fear of question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fear of question?   fear of question? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 9:12 am

thanks AR7

actually that might work just as it is
Back to top Go down
slipknot

fear of question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fear of question?   fear of question? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 11:20 am

Richie and bob are a good double act and bounce of each other very well.
What i find richie does well (especially when working with bob) is he acts like the student and asks questions a student would ask, i don't really know any other instructor that does this.

this says allot about riche, that his main aim is to put his students first and not his ego like many others!!

keep up the good work mate.

si
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

fear of question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fear of question?   fear of question? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 12:29 pm

ta lar!
Back to top Go down
RichardB

fear of question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fear of question?   fear of question? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 1:15 pm

The physical material being taught here is great. It's the simple, basic stuff that anyone who's been around the block realizes is the only stuff that works. And the way it is being taught is clear and to the point. But the stuff that sets this site apart from 99% of other sites teaching real fighting skills is the psychological stuff. This is where Richie and Bob has a real leading edge, and it's refreshing to hear stuff like that being taught without all the jargon and psychobabble that usually gets into such discussions. And the service is excellent as well. - Richard B
Back to top Go down
AdamM

fear of question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fear of question?   fear of question? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 3:18 pm

"Just watched the first two of the 5 disc functional NLP DVD set. Load of rubbish. No hitting at all so far. There better be some violence in the next one or I want a refund."

kidding obviously. I'm enjoying them and I'll chuck you a quote when I've watched the whole set.
Back to top Go down
muchtolearn

muchtolearn

fear of question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fear of question?   fear of question? EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 7:56 pm

Hey Richie, I think that you should set up a "testimonial " section to your site

let's see " richard Grannon's combative /Self protection concepts in his p of v and verbal conflict CDs will enhance your chances of going home to see your loved ones if god forbid you are ever faced with a criminal assault situation. Regardless of X system you study, Richie's material covers the much neglected mental/emotional/ psychological arsenal that should be in everyone's toolbox. If you train only the physical, and neglect your psywarfare toolbox, you're only a PARTIAL ARTIST"
Warren
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fear of question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: fear of question?   fear of question? Empty

Back to top Go down

fear of question?
Page 1 of 1