Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

jim fallon: exploring the mind of a killer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

jim fallon: exploring the mind of a killer Empty
PostSubject: jim fallon: exploring the mind of a killer   jim fallon: exploring the mind of a killer EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 11:41 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Sharky1969

PostSubject: Re: jim fallon: exploring the mind of a killer   jim fallon: exploring the mind of a killer EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 9:58 pm

Thanks for that it was very interesting and quite amusing too. He is a good speaker.
What is required is brain analysis at specific times. This is hard but possible. We need to monitor and measure brain activity during certain reactionary states for example the "red mist" period to record what's happening (build up over time (life time even)). We need to differentiate between short sharp aggressive reaction and a pyschopathic killer's style or trend. To analyse a dead brain it fine in that we can look for patterns and damage but this is just an end procuct or state, as the person is not living. There are millions of brain activity states happening in each and every split second. A very intersting subject which I know you are interested in.

S.
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: jim fallon: exploring the mind of a killer   jim fallon: exploring the mind of a killer EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:59 pm

i find this stuff really interesting--and actually have some dicey history on my mother's side. my grand's father, killed his wife, and the same grandmum's brother [a pro-boxer] killed someone with a hell of a punch--not in the ring, my grand died fighting--from a knife wound. the list doesn't end there but stops interesting me there as these are the people in my family tree that i've grown up knowing about AS family. i'm not the least bit concerned, as such...unless from a purely trivia type way. meaning one doesn't hear this sh&* every day.

i'm more intrigued by the damage done to the area above the eyes. i've read about that part of the brain before. how it develops in early childhood, etc...i've oddly felt a wee bit more quick to anger since i started my love-affair [ lol! ] with headbutting. in that spot just above where they're talking about. food for thought. i'm sort of aware of a small affect it's having on the inhibition side of potential violence. i can't say i don't like the sensation--because i'd rather be unwinding into a nasty state--if needed, than rationalizing long enough to really get hurt. i've lived enough life to know how to avoid fighting, but [not that i'm recommending it Razz , that would just be plain odd] headbutts help incline the right violent mind set for me.

can't say this is about being a killer or a psychopath, but i like tie ins as they relate to our [the trainers of self protection] socio-emotional states. it's a feeling that doesn't feel inclined to anger but rather not seized by dire situations, hardly coincidental. meditation and letting go of stimulents [not really related at all] also really helps this state--for me, as it stops tapping into the flight or fight mechanisms--allowing the body [or perhaps only my body Laughing ] it's own negotiation of energy and agro states, in things relating to survival.
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: jim fallon: exploring the mind of a killer   jim fallon: exploring the mind of a killer Empty

Back to top Go down

jim fallon: exploring the mind of a killer
Page 1 of 1