Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Mick Coup Vids

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AndyF

New Mick Coup Vids Empty
PostSubject: New Mick Coup Vids   New Mick Coup Vids EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 12:01 pm

If you didnt already know Mick Coup has put a bunch of clips from a recent seminar up on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MickCoup

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

New Mick Coup Vids Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mick Coup Vids   New Mick Coup Vids EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 6:05 pm

nice to see logic as lesson-plan--regarding high-line/low-line strikes.
i fought like that when i was about 8 because it was common sense,
and reflected my range [didn't even think whether it was faster, etc].
not suggesting i was a glorious fighter at eight, or that the threats were
of any consequence...

then i 'unlearned' with martial arts--kicks to the head, etc...and finally full
circle back to practical stuff.

that it's taught as an ideal, stops all the nonsense at the get go. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
maija
Admin
maija

New Mick Coup Vids Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mick Coup Vids   New Mick Coup Vids EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 1:50 pm

Mick is over here in my 'hood at the mo, so I took advantage and went to the Foundations seminar on Saturday.
Logical material, clearly explained with some really great drills that start simple then combine together like building blocks to add complexity as needed. I'm glad I was partnered up with someone who was not too intent on pounding the focus mitts out of the ball park, and so survived the 7 hours in pretty good shape cheers

THEN I took an hour private with the man himself, and consequently know where pretty much all the muscles in my body are right now, from my hands to my legs - cos they all ache!! .... good stuff! Cool
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

New Mick Coup Vids Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mick Coup Vids   New Mick Coup Vids EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 11:48 pm

maija,
good on ya...
what stayed with you? i don't mean, what do you remember...i know a consumate
professional martial enthusiast such as yourself retains alot. what i want to know is
what little ditty applealed to your style/muscle-enthusiasm/mind-frame/etc...

sometimes one thing can stand out because one feels they can really own it, or are
really coordinated for it, or caught on quickly and intensely once doing a partner drill with it
etc...?

i still remember a little firey japanese guy giving a 'clinic', and doing some simple tecnique that
that was counter intuitive but lent to a quick and rather shocking response from foot and
hand(s). i remember liking it, but not thinking much about it after...then came a sparring match with
a friend--not a real fight i know, but out came this explosion from the clinic--and it made the same
impression on my friend that this little japanese guy had made on me. i felt like i had cheated and
sort of acted this guy in a spar.

anyway. that's the vein that i ask you. what did you harbor after it?

scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
maija
Admin
maija

New Mick Coup Vids Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mick Coup Vids   New Mick Coup Vids EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 12:15 am

Hmmmm, well Russ, still digesting at this point, but a few random things stick out -
Can't fault the logic of Mick's model - His tactics make alot of sense to me. Learned stuff I didn't know about the eyeball, and enjoyed his 'Secondary tools' idea for creating time/space.
Learned some impressive phrases such as the 'golgi tendon reflex', and through some simple movements (throwing a straight right hand) now know which parts of my body are not being used efficiently to generate power.
It was also very interesting to spend time with a man who has 'seen the world' in the way he has. A very interesting energy. I am glad he has chosen to share his knowledge - it feels very real and practical.
Yep, I'll definitely train with him again on his next visit over.
Back to top Go down
AKelly

AKelly

New Mick Coup Vids Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mick Coup Vids   New Mick Coup Vids EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 5:39 pm

I like how he teaches the palm hook. It looks like it would really put a cramp in your day. lol!

Arnold
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Mick Coup Vids Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mick Coup Vids   New Mick Coup Vids Empty

Back to top Go down

New Mick Coup Vids
Page 1 of 1