Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

knowing your destiny in life

Go down 
+2
maija
chulodog
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
maija
Admin
maija

knowing your destiny in life - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: knowing your destiny in life   knowing your destiny in life - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 2:02 am

TV is about surface, spectacle and sensationalism. I'm sure there's some good stuff out there, and there are people who are trying to make decent programs but honestly it generally just makes me want to vomit.
Way back in the day the UFC was interesting to watch, but look at the direction sport fighting on TV is going ... personalities, product placement and grudge matches. affraid
Also when real money gets involved ... it can't help but get rather sleazy. How much is rigged? What is the skill level?
Now, Crafty Dog has done a great job of presenting Filipino martial arts and The Dog Brothers to a wider audience up until this point, so I am looking forward to this project, but in general, it turns out I just don't trust the media ..... what a surprise .......!!!
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: knowing your destiny in life   knowing your destiny in life - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 1:25 pm

maija...this just in--newsbreak:

"will the world explode from a new phenominom that is connected to terrorism and radioactive rat quano??? tune in at 11pm, on FOX 5"

"also learn about what terrible secret may have Don Frye fighting for his
life, again...erm...and alot of other scary things you may not want to miss
or risk losing everything, okay?"

"jerry, jerry, jerry, jerry, jerry" next on the springer show, "lesbian midget hitmen, err, women tell about their attempts to take out top heads of state".

maija: what's all this about telly being bad, i saved some of the above clips
to prove unequivically that we can learn a great deal from--uh...nevermind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
RichardB

PostSubject: Re: knowing your destiny in life   knowing your destiny in life - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 2:48 pm

I don't watch TV. I don't think it's even connected to the house anymore. Only thing I use the thing for is an xbox 360 that's hooked up to it. I actually sold my old one a few years ago, but I have a new one, or "new" anyway... I have no idea how old that TV is but it's definitely not from this millennium. I got it for free by a guy I know who found it in the special waste disposal facility where he works. "Oh, I'm sure those blue and green fumes rising from it when I turn it on are perfectly harmless."

Well actually there's no fumes. That I know of anyway...

But if there was a TV show with lesbian midget hitmen and radioactive rat quano and a huge battle with Don frye, terrorists and Jerry Springer... It might actually be worth a look. Sort of like a freakshow.

alien cat pig rendeer and of course the elephant man.

But TV these days has the cheapness of a freakshow but with no freaks. Well a few actually, but those freaks are boring anyway.
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: knowing your destiny in life   knowing your destiny in life - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 11:31 pm

Quote:
"But if there was a TV show with lesbian midget hitmen and radioactive rat quano and a huge battle with Don frye, terrorists and Jerry Springer... It might actually be worth a look....."
Didn't Quintin Tarantino already make this one....?
Back to top Go down
curran2009

PostSubject: Re: knowing your destiny in life   knowing your destiny in life - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 11:40 pm

I firmly believe that every person on this planet has a talent or gift its just a matter of finding out exactly what it is. As its never that obvious. Theres a really cool book called "What shall i do with my life" by a guy called Pro Bronson i urge you to read this its wicked.

When I left university I didnt have a clue where my journey was going to take me. After spending a year travelling around the world I somehow ended up in an IT job and then many years later I worked for a dating coach teaching guys how to be charming and charismatic when it came to talking to women. Ended up back in IT (long story but lets talk about it another day) and now I am doing a couple things outside my day time job which i am passionate about.

Curran

chulodog wrote:
some of you guy s are satisfided the way you are living? and how you know your on the right track?
really , i work with problem youth. and i dont know.. i never found a job who gets me a happy or good feeling when i m come home.
and i tried many study, or work from soldier, to forester, to doorman, to social worker with drug addicts, now to work with problem youth.
and really i found not the work in the military was not the best for me, but the people, and the guys were my kind of people..
i am now on a crossroad.. or i go sign a contract to go work in Afrika for 5 years, to help the poor, or i go back to study again, or i dont fucking know..

how is it with you guys? you have maby tips to find your way?
i would be gratefull
cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: knowing your destiny in life   knowing your destiny in life - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

knowing your destiny in life
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2