Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is this statement True? "Ur unconscious always makes your choices" Richie?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
daringdoer

Is this statement True? "Ur unconscious always makes  your choices" Richie? Empty
PostSubject: Is this statement True? "Ur unconscious always makes your choices" Richie?   Is this statement True? "Ur unconscious always makes  your choices" Richie? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 2:25 am

I was watching this show that featured a child actor ( Cory Haims) who had troubles adjusting once the fame went away and he became a drug addict with a self destructive lifestyle..Anyway he was talking to his therapist about how he wanted love in his love ,but his g/fs always in the end disappointed him or didn't make him happy..
His therapist then said that "the unconscious always makes ur choices " or "the unconscious makes All your choices"...and something like the actor even though he wanted a happy love life, was unconsciously looking for relationships that would self sabotage/self destruct bc of his unconscious beliefs...or something that involved the unconscious.

What does therapist mean? That the dude unconsciously doesn't believe that he deserves happiness so will keep on choosing women who will make him happy even though he tries to do the opposite to the best of his conscious ability Richie?

w
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

Is this statement True? "Ur unconscious always makes  your choices" Richie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this statement True? "Ur unconscious always makes your choices" Richie?   Is this statement True? "Ur unconscious always makes  your choices" Richie? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 9:35 am

Ha! what a fucking good question War... its a book of a question... its THE question!

Quote :
was unconsciously looking for relationships that would self sabotage/self destruct bc of his unconscious beliefs...or something that involved the unconscious.

you will unconsciously create outcomes that confirm your already held view of reality

if you want to change your outcomes you must change your view of reality first

your beliefs about self protection/ girls/money/ training etc

Wayne Dwyer book "you'll see it when you believe it"

good question mate
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Quillhook

Quillhook

PostSubject: Re: Is this statement True? "Ur unconscious always makes your choices" Richie?   Is this statement True? "Ur unconscious always makes  your choices" Richie? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 11:28 am

Richard Grannon wrote:
Ha! what a fucking good question War... its a book of a question... its THE question!

you will unconsciously create outcomes that confirm your already held view of reality

if you want to change your outcomes you must change your view of reality first

At the risk of going slightly off topic, I think this is something that certain mystics and magicians understood hundreds and thousands of years ago. I know that whole area is rightly criticised on martial arts forums because of the number of charlatans around. If you look at authentic literature on Alchemy, Kabbalism, Hermeticism etc they often relate to altering your view of reality and speaking directly to the subconscious through powerful symbols. Symbolism is the language of the subconscious.

I believe that the symbols and gestures of magical ritual were designed to access different states in similar ways to the triggers of modern psychology.

Of course, the ancient magical systems also came their own religious and ethical world-views. Not everyone will want to be dealing with those bigger issues, but for me that's why this is - as Richie says- THE big question.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninjutsu.org.uk
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Is this statement True? "Ur unconscious always makes your choices" Richie?   Is this statement True? "Ur unconscious always makes  your choices" Richie? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 11:56 am

Quote :
If you look at authentic literature on Alchemy, Kabbalism, Hermeticism etc they often relate to altering your view of reality and speaking directly to the subconscious through powerful symbols.

One of the founders of NLP is big into Magic(k)... there really is nothing new, its the same thing expressed via different perceptual reality filters thats all

todays NLP is yesterdays Christian Mysticism ... or Law of Attraction... or Jungian Psychology ... or Tarot...

truth is truth, just with different wrapping
Back to top Go down
daringdoer

PostSubject: Re: Is this statement True? "Ur unconscious always makes your choices" Richie?   Is this statement True? "Ur unconscious always makes  your choices" Richie? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 1:03 am

Richie wrote
Quote :
if you want to change your outcomes you must change your view of reality first.....your beliefs about..girls....

STraight enough instructions Richie....are these beliefs about girls and one's view of reality unconscious or concscious( EG,it's not I consciously reflect on my pov of reality 24/7??

How to do change this pov of reality and beliefs( which I suspect are deeply held onto by the unconscious scratch )??
W.....haha, 6 monthes from now u will get pms saying that such posts about womenz on a HTHC/SP forum are not appropriate and the poster's compulsive obseesion is "creepy" Haha
Back to top Go down
daringdoer

PostSubject: Re: Is this statement True? "Ur unconscious always makes your choices" Richie?   Is this statement True? "Ur unconscious always makes  your choices" Richie? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 1:10 am

That German Barbarian tribal leader in "Arthur" is REALLY cool guys Very Happy ...the strong, silent type
w
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Is this statement True? "Ur unconscious always makes your choices" Richie?   Is this statement True? "Ur unconscious always makes  your choices" Richie? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 12:08 pm

how do you change unconscious beliefs?

mate if i knew that I would be a millionaire... tis the crux of just about everything!

google belief change and let me know how you get on with the first million or so pages Razz

or fly to UK and see Bob Spour

you will not dare to not change! Razz
Back to top Go down
bobspour

PostSubject: Re: Is this statement True? "Ur unconscious always makes your choices" Richie?   Is this statement True? "Ur unconscious always makes  your choices" Richie? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 5:29 pm

Thanks for the mention Richie... just wanted to drop into the conversation by saying that my beliefs systems constantly change to suit the situation I am in. (As the buddhists would say...everything is impermanent). That late great monster of Literature and philosophy and all round prankster Robert Anton Wilson summed it all up when he said: "Reality Is What You Get Away With!"

I will get away with anything I can!! (Note I didn't say 'attempt').

When people tie themselves down with fixed belief systems this only serves to limit their choices of what is possible and in the face of such an obstacle their unconscious mind works with what ever it has... what the organism 'perceives to be the 'only' choice.

In other words we all make the best choices that are available to us.

I know from experience if you take conscious action (in other words DO something) you can change your beliefs....ANY BELIEFS...

If you don't believe me ...well that's a valid belief but I think it might be limiting you!

See Ya
Back to top Go down
http://www.sassurvival.co.uk
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Is this statement True? "Ur unconscious always makes your choices" Richie?   Is this statement True? "Ur unconscious always makes  your choices" Richie? EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 6:32 pm

okay, i've been thinking about stuff lately...i really can't say if my mind is equipt to convey it, or if it's random and
off topic. while making the really slow metaphorical walk back to meditating regularly, i've noticed a clarity that
(i think) positively effects my defense training. it all started with 'knife defense' stuff. i think the more fear i had
deeply inside myself, the more i became lost in a pattern of looking for a perfect technique. when either: i had
less fear; or i was more honest with myself...i found the bigger solution to be related to what Richie posted, that
encouraged attacking as the best defense. in case i get lost here, i think i psychologically lost the hypothetical battle the moment i started hoping for some quick and aesthetically beautiful circular series of movements that:
'inspired onlookers'
'mesmorized my attacker'
'made me feel like david carridean (sp?)'

i think this at least vaguely relates to subconciously deciding if you pass muster. i think fearlessness directs you to
the truth--whether it's God you're looking for, or whatever. i think this must be why samurais meditated on death, in the
end, the fearlessness directed them to the most efficient technique that related to mind first, movement second. but
maybe they removed a care for the outcome--i think both states probably lead you to the same end. my guru used to
talk about the two types of people that eventually reached the truth...those that lost themselves completely (samurai,
to paraphrase loosely as it relates to this subject), and those that think of themselves as God (no fear types, i've won already types like Bob Spour). the former sort of sacrifices themselves without worry, the latter holds no room for failure--either way, there's no room for fear/doubt/etc. as a meditator, it was described as either being a kitten in the lap of God, or God himself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this statement True? "Ur unconscious always makes your choices" Richie?   Is this statement True? "Ur unconscious always makes  your choices" Richie? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this statement True? "Ur unconscious always makes your choices" Richie?
Page 1 of 1