Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

US Training Partners

Go down 
+3
cocktail
VictorS
Richard Grannon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

US Training Partners Empty
PostSubject: US Training Partners   US Training Partners EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 3:29 pm

US Training Partners
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
VictorS

VictorS

PostSubject: Re: US Training Partners   US Training Partners EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 8:12 pm

I'll start...

Victor S
I live in the Gunshine state USA - South Florida - Broward/Palm Beach area.

My self and a fellow HaganaH instructor are going to start working on some of Richie's NLP stuff. If you're interested you can send me an email at southfloridapi at gmail.com
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: US Training Partners   US Training Partners EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 10:58 pm

Thanks for that VictorS, that new bobby from near you is going to get in touch after he's had a look at some of the material
Back to top Go down
VictorS

VictorS

PostSubject: Re: US Training Partners   US Training Partners EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 11:35 pm

Cool. The other instructor and I are going to work on the pre-contact rituals, nlp, pre-emptive strike stuff to get going and see how we can incorporate our system to it. Just watched the first DVD of the No Doubt No Fear - I laughed my ass off! Alot of what Bob covered is very similiar in principle to our system. Great stuff.

Going through the NLP DVD's as well.

So far I've purchased:
The Knife DVD's
Intro to NLP CD -
No Doubt No Fear -
Fundamentals of NLP DVD's -

What should be next in regards to NLP stuff?
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: US Training Partners   US Training Partners EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 11:42 pm

I would just graft away at that material for now mate... when your ready go for the "Psychology of Violence" CD set, its nasty stuff and can leak into your normal life making you a bit overly confrontational/aggressive- but it does the job like.

From what I can see from your system your basically more focussed on offence than defence, you work preemptively and you hit people with palms elbows and knees leading into simple takedowns... we've got more in common than difference...

not sure you'll like the knife defence DVD I just posted though Basketball its got some strong reactions
Back to top Go down
VictorS

VictorS

PostSubject: Re: US Training Partners   US Training Partners EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 11:53 pm

Richard Grannon wrote:
I would just graft away at that material for now mate... when your ready go for the "Psychology of Violence" CD set, its nasty stuff and can leak into your normal life making you a bit overly confrontational/aggressive- but it does the job like.
Too late...I'm a former US Marine! LOL afro

Quote :
From what I can see from your system your basically more focussed on offence than defence, you work preemptively and you hit people with palms elbows and knees leading into simple takedowns... we've got more in common than difference...
Not takedowns necessarily - we go for a POR (point of reference) and then either restrain, incapacitate, or terminate. Israeli mentality is to shift from victim to predator and fuck the attacker up - that's drilled into us!

Bob's background is in Muay Thai and my instructor's passion in MA is Muay Thai. Does that make us like step-brothers or something? LOL
Back to top Go down
cocktail

cocktail

PostSubject: Re: US Training Partners   US Training Partners EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 12:24 am

Hey Rich, how does someone become one of your US training partners....or am i misunderstanding this forum? Wink
Back to top Go down
VictorS

VictorS

PostSubject: Re: US Training Partners   US Training Partners EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 12:43 am

Forum is for US people to post where they live so other interested individuals, that live in the same area, can get together and train.
Back to top Go down
cocktail

cocktail

PostSubject: Re: US Training Partners   US Training Partners EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 12:54 am

VictorS wrote:
Forum is for US people to post where they live so other interested individuals, that live in the same area, can get together and train.
Thanks for clarifying Vic. Im a little slow today confused Sleep

I live in upstate NY, Rochester area. I am always looking for new people to train with and always willing to help in anyway i can.
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: US Training Partners   US Training Partners EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 6:04 pm

I'm Russell Sage, I live in Washington D.C., I used to train heavily in Shotokan--but not now. I'm heavily influenced by stuff i've read/seen by Richard Grannon, Bob Spour, and Mick Coup...and was on a less ambitious path that way until i discovered their stuff. i would love to train with anyone in the area. i always set up low-cost/even free self defense stuff and offer it to co-workers, students (because i'm a teacher) as a means of fitting training into my schedule. i'm much more of a hard working student, but teach when i can't find what i'm looking for. in the absense of training partners, and time...i tend to revert back to tons of resistance training--striking and kicking against surfaces...and drills that reflect offense as defense, when i do have someone to train with. Richard's pre-emptive stuff/fence work stuff/ mental state stuff heavily raised the quality of my training. if i were in the U.K., that's where i'd be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
cocktail

cocktail

PostSubject: Re: US Training Partners   US Training Partners EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 6:33 pm

Russell Sage wrote:
I'm Russell Sage, I live in Washington D.C., I used to train heavily in Shotokan--but not now. I'm heavily influenced by stuff i've read/seen by Richard Grannon, Bob Spour, and Mick Coup...and was on a less ambitious path that way until i discovered their stuff. i would love to train with anyone in the area. i always set up low-cost/even free self defense stuff and offer it to co-workers, students (because i'm a teacher) as a means of fitting training into my schedule. i'm much more of a hard working student, but teach when i can't find what i'm looking for. in the absense of training partners, and time...i tend to revert back to tons of resistance training--striking and kicking against surfaces...and drills that reflect offense as defense, when i do have someone to train with. Richard's pre-emptive stuff/fence work stuff/ mental state stuff heavily raised the quality of my training. if i were in the U.K., that's where i'd be.

hey russel, i live in upstate ny but my brother lives in DC.....maybe the next time i go there to visit we could hood up for a training sesion :-)
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: US Training Partners   US Training Partners EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 7:26 pm

Cocktail...
that'd be great, done deal. i wish i had known you were in upstate...that's where i just spent a month crawling the walls trying to keep my training going. keep me posted, and i'll write to you when i'm up your way--in the summers.
-Russell
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
markh

PostSubject: Hello all   US Training Partners EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 9:39 pm

I'm from Southcentral PA (Pennsylvania for you Rich). My current base is focused on Haganah/FIGHT as well Victor S.
(Victor I occassionally post on the FIGHT board as well - mth119)

Anyway, I already have a training partner and I have lately been incorporating some of Rich and Bob's stuff in with the Haganah system much like you. You'll find it works well and I highly recomend the clinch DVD's done by Rich and Bob. The material fills a need in the FIGHT system for when the POR gets difficult to maintain due to various reasons that crop up when your training partner becomes more non compliant.

Rich and Bob thanks for making all of your material available to those of us with open minds across the pond. Many Americans don't realize the wealth of information from your side of the ocean. Some of my earliest improvements in RBSD or combatives came from reading and watching Geoff Thompson's stuff like "Animal Day" and "the Fence".

So anyone in the area please drop me a message and maybe we can get together.

Just a little info on me. I'm a 21 year veteran LEO. Teach combatives/baton/OC/cuffing in my department and have been involved in martial art/martial sport/self defense/combatives for going on 37 years.

Keep safe and train hard/smart, Mark H
Back to top Go down
VictorS

VictorS

PostSubject: Re: US Training Partners   US Training Partners EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 9:44 pm

Howdy Mark. You coming to the '09 Haganah conference by any chance?
Back to top Go down
markh

PostSubject: Re: US Training Partners   US Training Partners EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 11:27 pm

Victor S,

Would love to but not sure I'm going to be able due to money/health issues.

Keep safe and train hard/smart, Mark H
Back to top Go down
copsniper69

copsniper69

PostSubject: US Training partner   US Training Partners EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 1:26 pm

Chris from Michigan , training @ Ultimate martial Arts in Clinton Twp.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mtoa.org
roadkill

roadkill

PostSubject: Re: US Training Partners   US Training Partners EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:39 pm

Wish you were closer...

Any way Tampa Florida here always looking to train with someone new.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US Training Partners   US Training Partners Empty

Back to top Go down

US Training Partners
Page 1 of 1