Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello from North Shore Kick Boxing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nskb

Hello from North Shore Kick Boxing Empty
PostSubject: Hello from North Shore Kick Boxing   Hello from North Shore Kick Boxing EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 8:37 am

Firstly i would like to thank richie for his insight into the psycological side of martial arts that has helped with both my personal training and my own teaching.

I am a true believer that some one doing martial arts just to "smash people" is always going to be a hard student to teach but getting this across to students is hard as being a Kick Boxing gym people initially come in with that sort of thought. Having richards concepts has added to the benifits that i can give my students and help them with there training. Some of you would have seen the small vids that have been put up from our light sparring sessions and there have been some interesting comments the purpose of these is to let everyone have a go and is great for the cardio and also to get the mindset of movement into it. We have a range of ages and weights so we go back to a light type of sparring to let everyone develop confidence and find that true passion for kickboxing that i have. This may not help in a "street" situation but going back to the core visualisation the repitition of commonly used combos allows on a leser scale the flow of these techniques and in our instance this does not need to include power.

We train for light semi and full contact kickboxing and use techniques from all of the martial arts as you may have seen in the sparring clips muay thai taekwondo karate to name a few a the whole "MMA" has got huge i like to come to the plate with new and interesting techniques and not be one sided. This not only keeps training fun and diverse it gives those who do compete a advantage i believe.

Once again it has been a pleasure having richard train with us and his experince has been invaluable to those who doubt the work he does i would stand up any day of the week and challenge you.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

Hello from North Shore Kick Boxing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Shore Kick Boxing   Hello from North Shore Kick Boxing EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:47 am

thanks Scott

see you at gym tommorow mate
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com

Hello from North Shore Kick Boxing
Page 1 of 1