Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is combative experience AND expertise necessary to be able to teach?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Guyin

Is combative experience AND expertise necessary to be able to teach? Empty
PostSubject: Is combative experience AND expertise necessary to be able to teach?   Is combative experience AND expertise necessary to be able to teach? EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 9:44 am

Richard.

Having seen all your clips on youtube I'm curious as to your opinion on the question leading this thread?

Obviously you have excellent 'presentation' skills of your thoughts and ideas regarding 'real' Self protection and 'street effective' tactics, and I'm sure this is an effective method of gaining more 'supporters' on your Site and helps with DVD sales, but I haven't seen anything from your clips that appears to match the rhetoric?

I'm aware there are various individuals 'in the business' who think your claims and experiences are all bunkum, and going by the youtube clips to date there's nothing to suggest the contrary.... Do you have anything on youtube/the web which could support your claims of fighting capabilities, as I'm a little frustrated not finding anything to date.

Lastly, on the sparring clip where you are fully padded up? It seems to be little more than a 'no-contact' play fight and I wonder if you consider this type of sparring relative to 'street combat' of just a bit of fun in the Gym?

All the best

Guyin

Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Is combative experience AND expertise necessary to be able to teach?   Is combative experience AND expertise necessary to be able to teach? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:46 am

"Guyin"

welcome

light sparrin is just for fun mate, not really that much relevance for street stuff

no I dont have any clips of me doing the do, I dont think any instructors out there do mate

unless you can think of an example?

I wouldnt want to be held to a higher standard than that demanded of everyone else teaching self protection
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Guyin

PostSubject: Re: Is combative experience AND expertise necessary to be able to teach?   Is combative experience AND expertise necessary to be able to teach? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 4:44 am

I could only find this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_g_CAksyPw
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Is combative experience AND expertise necessary to be able to teach?   Is combative experience AND expertise necessary to be able to teach? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 5:03 am

that was funny
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is combative experience AND expertise necessary to be able to teach?   Is combative experience AND expertise necessary to be able to teach? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is combative experience AND expertise necessary to be able to teach?
Page 1 of 1