Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some footage from yesterday's seminar

Go down 
+4
chulodog
darktim99
thugsage
Sharif H
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

Some footage from yesterday's seminar - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some footage from yesterday's seminar   Some footage from yesterday's seminar - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 7:03 pm

Danite wrote:
Russ the Muss, I see you are a man of good judgement and discrminating taste! Laughing

cheers mate...that would make us birds of a feather Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Sharif H

PostSubject: Re: Some footage from yesterday's seminar   Some footage from yesterday's seminar - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 9:45 pm

chulodog wrote:
no problem tactpro

it wasnt ment to be personal, im think your a nice guy

only the way of training remind me of some schools with teachers who never fought themselfes before.

and they are happy to aggresivly hit a pad.

but they can have difficultis doing the pad work on a fighter.

thats wy i like to train on a moving target, who can tell you where to hit, or even give an opening, and say differently, so you have to watch , think and hit, in a second, or he hits you.

im sorry man, im putting a vid online also, and you can crack me down lol!

a student of me is getting a cam

flower

I look forward to your videos!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tactical-protection.com
Bing_bang

PostSubject: Re: Some footage from yesterday's seminar   Some footage from yesterday's seminar - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 12:32 am

One needs to be aware that people experienced at being hit e.g. boxers, will cover up and then explode out of the shell with their own hooks - anyone of which could cause a KO -and not misinterpret that state as submissiveness. Nigel Ben seemed to develop a habit of knocking people out just as he looked about to sink to the canvas. Hence the point I think being made about training on live opponents as well as pads for mechanics.

Personally, having wing chun'd and kick boxed, I wouldn't feel comfortable generally throwing more than 3 or 4 chain punches before wanting to move to control and heavy artillery. Anyone with attitude will get bored and start hitting back quite soon.
Back to top Go down
Sharif H

PostSubject: Re: Some footage from yesterday's seminar   Some footage from yesterday's seminar - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:49 am

Bing_bang wrote:
One needs to be aware that people experienced at being hit e.g. boxers, will cover up and then explode out of the shell with their own hooks - anyone of which could cause a KO -and not misinterpret that state as submissiveness. Nigel Ben seemed to develop a habit of knocking people out just as he looked about to sink to the canvas. Hence the point I think being made about training on live opponents as well as pads for mechanics.

Personally, having wing chun'd and kick boxed, I wouldn't feel comfortable generally throwing more than 3 or 4 chain punches before wanting to move to control and heavy artillery. Anyone with attitude will get bored and start hitting back quite soon.

This is a very good point. Again, from the pre-emptive context, the rapid palm strikes would act as kind of pattern interruption, so hopefully this adds to him being on the back foot. But yes, if he has lots of experience in pugilism (and providing the first one or two strikes didn't cause a KO) then there's a chance he'll cover and explode back from there.

This is why we also did a few drills with those guys in how to cover up and explode from covering up against punches! Smile

It's all fighting at the end of the day; Offence and defence. Just as any opponent has the capacity to do both things, I also teach guys how to do both Wink

This is the problem with snippets like this from classes/workshops; it's impossible to see the bigger picture from one clip.

As for how many punches / palms I'd feel comfortable doing - it's impossible for me to say. Depends on how he responds to the first few. Based on the way I'm personally trained (not saying this is the best response in anyway) but if he DID start swinging from covering up, then I'd probably use that as an opportunity to close the gap and clinch him up.

Still, a great comment big-bang. You made an important point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tactical-protection.com
Danite

PostSubject: Re: Some footage from yesterday's seminar   Some footage from yesterday's seminar - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:24 pm

Bing bang very good point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some footage from yesterday's seminar   Some footage from yesterday's seminar - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Some footage from yesterday's seminar
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2