Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need to work on combative fitness! Any tips?

Go down 
+2
RCS
Dominance
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dominance

Need to work on combative fitness! Any tips? Empty
PostSubject: Need to work on combative fitness! Any tips?   Need to work on combative fitness! Any tips? EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 4:30 am

I have realized that I have made a mistake letting my fitness, most specifically my combative strength and fitness go.. and not doing much in that area for ages..

I guess its because I got comfortable and until now in the confrontations i've been in, so far my fitness has not been an issue.. but last night I realised that I have been stupid to let my fitness go..

At one stage working last night I seen a fellow security guard get thrown over a table by some guy.. and I went in and we grabbed him to which he was trying to say he did nothing (Yeah right!).. he grabbed me and his friend was trying to stop us too.. but we started dragging him out.. about 3/4 of the way out 3 other guys jumped me, one grabbed me in a choke from behind, one was in front clinching me and another punched me.. I could feel myself fading a little from the choke.. I eye raked the guy in front which made him stop for a few seconds.. and eventually I got the choke off and the guy kept attacking so I clinched and headbutted him flush and kneed him and as he bend over put on a choke and dragged him out.. and the other guys were there by that time and ejected the other guys..

I was quite fatigued by the time I threw those strikes from wrestling with those 2 guys and if I had to keep fighting for much longer there would have been trouble..

So my new goal is to get my combative strength and fitness back up to par.. and im wondering what are some good resources on this? What do you guys do to build this? I'm not wanting any bodybuilding or type of stuff.. only fitness and strength that is ideal for fighting.. as I depend on good training to keep safe, as we all do..

Look forward to improving in this area Smile

-Ben
Back to top Go down
RCS

PostSubject: Re: Need to work on combative fitness! Any tips?   Need to work on combative fitness! Any tips? EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 7:42 pm

There were a lot of combative conditioning ideas covered on the Martial Arts and Weights thread (Sorry, I don't know how to link), check it out.
Back to top Go down
Loki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need to work on combative fitness! Any tips?   Need to work on combative fitness! Any tips? EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 9:18 pm

You can take alook at the article session of the homepage
Back to top Go down
VictorS

VictorS

PostSubject: Re: Need to work on combative fitness! Any tips?   Need to work on combative fitness! Any tips? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 12:37 am

A system I was introduced to a few months back is a good ass kicker. It is called the CRAWL - available from www.primalstrength.com.

the fine print....
I am not in any way affiliated with primalstrength nor am I sponsored yada yada yada.

Mods,
If I've overstepped the boundries please delete.... affraid

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Need to work on combative fitness! Any tips?   Need to work on combative fitness! Any tips? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 4:43 pm

Nah, thats cool, always looking for new training methods mate, fire away
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Need to work on combative fitness! Any tips?   Need to work on combative fitness! Any tips? EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 1:50 pm

someone i trust once told me that fighting is like a bath, you have to keep adding hot water periodically or it cools off. the way i chose to interpret that is, even when i'm not doing much training, i have a maintenance workout that is mostly striking for resistance and endurance--with pads propped against the wall. then i always offer training to several students, for free, because you always have to step up your game and work out with them to demonstrate what you want from them. keep adding hot water. for me, doing this stuff keeps the conditioning up and keeps the subject matter at the forefront--where it belongs.
-rus
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need to work on combative fitness! Any tips?   Need to work on combative fitness! Any tips? Empty

Back to top Go down

Need to work on combative fitness! Any tips?
Page 1 of 1