Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

quotes what I like

Go down 
+21
dellboy7500
Blakops
BXC8
Mike2010
zen3131
Zealot
Ben
Slag34
chulodog
darktim99
Dark
AR7142
D.M.B.
McBane
RichardB
roadkill
AndyF
thugsage
nix
maija
Richard Grannon
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

quotes what I like - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 10:02 pm

maija wrote:
"Freedom is actually a bigger game than power. Power is about what you can control. Freedom is about what you can unleash." --Harriet Rubin

nice, very nice...
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
McBane

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 10:12 pm

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper, only those that prosper can truly judge what is sane.
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 10:58 pm

"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." -- John Steinbeck
Back to top Go down
darktim99

darktim99

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 5:43 pm

"you've got eyes like a shit house rat!"
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 6:44 pm

Quote :
Permit me to issue and control the money of the nation and I care not who makes its laws. — Mayer Amsched Rothchild

economic collapse = problem reaction solution pattern = one world currency + bank = if you want to buy or sell anything you better go get your microchip fitted

Rev. 13:16-18. "And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads"

lol!

Im just winding you up...

or am I?

Suspect

No really...

... but actually... pirat
Back to top Go down
McBane

PostSubject: Quote   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 7:43 am

Ok guys have a guess who this quote is from...

'What is best in life? To crush your enemies and see them fall at your feet, to take his horse's and his goods, to hear the lamentation of his women. That is best'
Back to top Go down
RichardB

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 1:01 pm

Ghenghis Kahn. And Conan the barbarian. Laughing
Back to top Go down
McBane

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 1:10 pm

Nice you got both sources, well done. :-)
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 2:12 pm

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 9:50 pm

Hmmm ...Stalin - smart quote, yet very scary .....

This I like:

"The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards." ~Sir William Francis Butler~
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 1:44 pm

"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends."
Czech Proverb
Back to top Go down
chulodog

chulodog

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 9:12 pm

better die stand up on your feet,
than living on your knees
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:53 pm

Fame is something that must be won. Honor is something that must not be lost.- anon
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 9:03 pm

"to accept the challenge of the unknown in spite of all fears is courage... only the gamblers know what life is"
Osho
Back to top Go down
Slag34

Slag34

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 10:58 pm

I've got to say that Fiedrich Nietzsche has to be the most quotable man to have existed:

Quote :
Morality is the herd-instinct in the individual.

Quote :
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

Quote :
If you stare into the Abyss long enough the Abyss stares back at you.

Quote :
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?

Being an Atheist myself, I think that final quote is particularly awesome as it highlights the existential dilema of living in a world where, with our current scientific knowledge, a cosmic worldview involving such a supreme being becomes less and less plausable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.infractormusic.com
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 11:41 pm

Quote :
Quote:
Morality is the herd-instinct in the individual.

that is NICE, not heard that one before, lovely stuff

I like the preceding bit to the "abyss quote" coz its dead pertinent to SP training

Quote :
let he who would fight monsters beware, lest he become a monster himself

well this is a biggy

Quote :
Being an Atheist myself, I think that final quote is particularly awesome as it highlights the existential dilema of living in a world where, with our current scientific knowledge, a cosmic worldview involving such a supreme being becomes less and less plausable.

as we evolve our notion of religion and spirituality must evolve too, I think the model of the scary stern Jewish grandfather with white locks and flowing beard in the sky is probably past its sell by date, but for me religion still has its place individually (less so culturally, we tend as humans to get stupider and stupider the more of us are involved in an endavour so Im no fan of organised religion per se)

personally Im a pantheist... no I dont worship panthers ... or Pan Very Happy ... Im down with the non local field of intelligence in a psychedlic quantum physics way man flower

we are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings have a human experience, dig?

which is why Im selling all my earthly goods to move to india to learn to play the sitar I love you

come 2012 you'll find me on a beach in patong playing a sitar ding dung ding ding dung ding ding when the tidal wave hits sunny
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 11:57 pm

mr Slag, for you, as a fellow Bill Bailey fan

Back to top Go down
Slag34

Slag34

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 1:55 am

Quote :
personally Im a pantheist... no I dont worship panthers ... or Pan Very Happy ... Im down with the non local field of intelligence in a psychedlic quantum physics way man flower

Yeah, I get that.... I'm an Atheist in the sense that I don't is a God in the traditional sense and reject organised religion. I think the Pantheism of say Spinoza who thought there was a driving force binding all things in existence definitely has some weight to it. I think that, through studying quantum mechanics etc, we will one day be able to name and observe that which connects us in an empircal rather than merely a phenomonological sense. If that makes sense?

If you're into transcendental psychology you should check out the artwork of a guy called Alex Grey! He's a genius!

Cheers for the Bill Bailey clip....I saw him live last time he toured!

I take it from the sitar comment that you're a Bill Hicks fan too? Now there was a man who knew what life was all about! I'll have to dig out some of his classic phrases for the record... afro
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 2:08 pm

Love Bill Hicks mate

Back to top Go down
Slag34

Slag34

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 3:59 pm

Another classic Bill Hicks Moment!

Back to top Go down
Ben

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 6:00 pm

When it comes to a fight, it's not who's right, but who's left.
- Ed Parker

If you've never seen an elephant, it's easy to imagine yourself swinging it around by the the tail.
- Oliver Bingham
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 11:39 pm

The thread the boldly goes where no thread has gone before. Neizsche and sitars? Quantum theory and Bill Hicks? Richie with long hair and an orange kaftan? Brilliant afro
Back to top Go down
Zealot

Zealot

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 6:26 pm

Brevity quotes:

"The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do."
Thomas Jefferson

"The present letter is a very long one, simply because I had no leisure to make it shorter."
Blaise Pascal

"Brevity is the soul of lingerie."
Dorothy Parker

respect quotes

“A youth is to be regarded with respect. How do you know that his future will not be equal to our present?”
Confucius

“He who wants a rose must respect the thorn.”
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 3:49 pm

1. during rehearsal, the actor reads
"ooo, what's THIS thing called love?"

Benny Hill the director shouts

"NO...it's 'ooo what IS this thing called love?'...for God's sake
where do we find them!!!"

2. a ladyfriend to Dudley Moore
"take my hand"
Dudley Moore responds,
"but that would leave you with one"

3. again during rehearsal
"what's that in the road...a head?"

Director shouts

"NO...it's 'what's that in the road ahead?'..."

CORNY...YES....BUT I LOVE THAT KIND OF STUFF Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
zen3131

zen3131

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 11:01 pm

"I know the rent is in arrears, the dog has not been fed in years; It's even worse than it appears but..it's alright" -Jerry Garcia

"Oh, If there's an original thought out there I could use it right now" -Bob Dylan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

quotes what I like
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next