Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

quotes what I like

Go down 
+21
dellboy7500
Blakops
BXC8
Mike2010
zen3131
Zealot
Ben
Slag34
chulodog
darktim99
Dark
AR7142
D.M.B.
McBane
RichardB
roadkill
AndyF
thugsage
nix
maija
Richard Grannon
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

quotes what I like - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 5:04 pm

"Is that your face or did your neck throw up"

local insult as a teen
i used to love insulting folks who had just made fun of me [one]. they can get really over the top

sort of along the lines of

"your mum is such a fat arse, when she backs up, she makes a beeping sound"
followed by,
"sorry mate, i wont do that again, that was a dirty crack...whoops there i go again talking about your mum...this time i wont do it for real, okay? i can see why you'd be upset, your mum's a real nice woman, she'd give the hair off her back to help any man in need. what did i say to upset you so. don't go away mad, just go away. i want to remember you just like you are--leaving. seriously though, fook off."

all used, borrowed, etc...can't remember the origins, but on occasion the usage Embarassed Very Happy

i still remember my own personal trigger for these tidbits, my name growing up was 'Rusty', and i'd play fair with other peoples names, etc, until they made a jab at mine...then it was a mad dash for whatever achilles heel i thought the person possessed. one guy who made fun of my name had the name
"Precious". true story. i wont bother with the retorts, they're just too obvious. i don't know but i think he thought he was a player [ladies man] or something. okay, not that i'm rambling, i will henceforth cut myself off. last call. i'm done drunken Sleep

nope, can't do it. my opener for precious was,
"what's your last name...'pants-down-by-your-ankles'? you mean your parent named you precious?"
sadly, i was actually an adult when this one-sided conversation took place Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
chulodog

chulodog

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 7:19 pm

Russ, you still got all your teeth? lol!
Back to top Go down
chulodog

chulodog

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 7:22 pm

A happy life is impossible, the highest to which a
man can attain is a heroic course of life."
.............................Schopenhauer
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 1:51 am

chulodog wrote:
Russ, you still got all your teeth? lol!

they're yellow, crooked, and dirty...but no-one's been able to knock them out
yet Razz
Back to top Go down
chulodog

chulodog

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 6:03 am

haha, also remind me of my karate teacher when i was young, he quote always like.
hit below the nose, then say he brushed 22 years his teeth for nothing
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 1:50 pm

Didn't come up here to read. Came up here to hit.
Hank Aaron [American Baseball Player]
Back to top Go down
Mike2010

Mike2010

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 2:46 am

"There are no atheists in foxholes" - WW1 origins

Personally (for me) self preservation is an ugly creature rarely seen but no less ugly for that..

I love some of Benjamin Franklin's quotes:

Quote :
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.(1775)

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power. (1738)

There never was a good war or a bad peace.(1783)

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.(1789)

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 1:32 pm

Ben Franklin's got some good ones quotes what I like - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
chulodog

chulodog

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 9:33 am

Shoot for the moon! Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
Les Brown
Back to top Go down
RichardB

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 10:23 am

"One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that 'violence begets violence.' I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure--and in some cases I have--that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy." Col. Cooper
Back to top Go down
Mike2010

Mike2010

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:19 pm

"..[it] is much safer to be feared than loved.."

- Niccollo Machiavelli

Source: excerpt from The Prince (<-- clicky)
Back to top Go down
BXC8

BXC8

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 5:42 pm

Quote:

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Theodor Roosevelt

"Citizenship in a Republic,"
Speech at the Sorbonne, Paris, April 23, 1910.
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 4:03 pm

okay, Bruce Lee quotes can be pretty good, here are a few:
fav's in highlight

"I hope martial artists are more interested in the root of martial arts and not the different decorative branches, flowers or leaves."

"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."

"If there is a God, he is within. You don't ask God to give you things, you depend on God for your inner theme."

"If you don't want to slip up tomorrow, speak the truth today."

"If you make an ass out of yourself, there will always be someone to ride you."

"If you think a thing is impossible, you'll make it impossible."

"If you want to do your duty properly, you should do just a little more than that."

"If you want to learn to swim, jump into the water. On dry land, no frame of mind is ever going to help you."

"In combat, spontaneity rules; rote performance of technique perishes."

"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."

"It's not what you give, it's the way you give it."

"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them."

"Out of chaos, find simplicity, From discord, find harmony."

"Real living is living for others."

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."

"The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be."

"The mind is like a fertile garden in which anything that is planted, flowers or weeds, will grow."

"There are lots of guys around the world that are lazy. They have big fat guts. They talk about chi power and things they can do, but don't believe it."

"Use only that which works, and take it from any place you find it."
Back to top Go down
Mike2010

Mike2010

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 11:37 pm

"Never whisper.. When you know it's time to shout"

- Seasick Steve
Back to top Go down
Mike2010

Mike2010

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 8:01 pm

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "@#$%, what a ride!"
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 1:22 am

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "@#$%, what a ride!"

I'm living up to that one.

"Cookie"

Cookie Monster, Sesame street
Back to top Go down
RichardB

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 1:52 am

Blakops wrote:

"Cookie"

Cookie Monster, Sesame street

Hey, what a coincidence. The google page says Cookie is 40 today, and he was eating the page. I think we should hear him sing a song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9k0xKPCg4A&feature=related
Back to top Go down
dellboy7500

dellboy7500

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 8:16 pm

A bloke i knew in the army had a good one "Im always in the shit,its just the depth that differs!!!!"
Back to top Go down
Reaper

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 11:19 pm

Man On Fire - Creasy (Denzel Washington)

“There’s no such thing as tough. You’re either trained or untrained,”
Back to top Go down
Mike2010

Mike2010

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 11:22 am

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

-Albert Einstein
Back to top Go down
roadkill

roadkill

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 1:39 pm

Mike2010 wrote:
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

-Albert Einstein

Really like that one... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 3:17 pm

& in the same vein.

"The two most common elements in the known Universe are Hydrogen & stupidity."

Anon
Back to top Go down
Mike2010

Mike2010

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 4:39 pm

"I know not with what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones."

- Albert Einstein
Back to top Go down
Ben

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 5:58 pm

The only thing that matters, is what a man can do, and what a man can't do. - Jack Sparrow
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 5:08 pm

MAORI QUOTES

1. LET SOMEONE ELSE ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR VIRTUES

2. NEVER SPEND TIME WITH PEOPLE WHO DON'T RESPECT YOU

lol!

WORTH REMEMBERING scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: quotes what I like   quotes what I like - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

quotes what I like