Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Good Krav Maga Clip

Go down 
+2
RCS
Richard Grannon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

Good Krav Maga Clip Empty
PostSubject: Good Krav Maga Clip   Good Krav Maga Clip EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 9:00 pm

I dont want to reopen the whole style vs. style thing boys- good hard training is good hard training whatever the history/culture/marketing/religion/tshirt size

and this falls well within my definition of good hard training:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1_4o0M5Q_Y

"I dont like the screaming... nobody care about your screaming... you are not a little girl...you need to get up and keep on fighting"
Very Happy

far and away the best Krav Maga video clips Ive seen simple hard contact stuff- from a series on Discovery called Fight quest

Last edited by Richard Grannon on Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
RCS

PostSubject: Re: Good Krav Maga Clip   Good Krav Maga Clip EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 5:19 pm

Having watched most of the Human Weapon and Fight Quest episodes, I think this one was my favorite. I like how the Military instructor focused on aggresion and will power. The elbow from the female instructor was classic, not to mention her students blasting full power kicks on the co - host during multiple attacker drills. Both hosts came away with a newfound respect for reality based systems.
Back to top Go down
Kieron

PostSubject: Re: Good Krav Maga Clip   Good Krav Maga Clip EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 10:32 pm

Yep, that is Krav-get you exausted,make ya spin round looking at the ceiling then engage an opponent,when then instructor shouts 1, burpee and get up quicker than your opponent or 5 press ups, otherwise its a knee to the chops or other delight.. bloody exausting! As I continue to do it more emphasis is put on No quarter given or expected and I certainly never judge a book by its cover...cos thats just silly!
Back to top Go down
Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

PostSubject: Re: Good Krav Maga Clip   Good Krav Maga Clip EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 1:31 am

Last time I did something similar to the "fight circle" I puked my guts out.
Then I puked some more.

It was kind of embarrassing because everyone was like, "Hey he's puking."
New thread: Training and puking
Back to top Go down
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Good Krav Maga Clip   Good Krav Maga Clip EmptyThu May 15, 2008 4:45 pm

I just stumbled over the fight quest vids on youtube the other day and came to the same result. Of all the episodes i have seen the krav maga one really was the best. Thinking about joining a group now as an addition to the kung fu class that i still love eventho ppl might say thats not useful for selfdefense.
Krav Maga seems to be the "martial art" thats closest to rbsd or am i wrong with that?
Back to top Go down
VictorS

VictorS

PostSubject: Re: Good Krav Maga Clip   Good Krav Maga Clip EmptyThu May 15, 2008 6:43 pm

Krav Maga is a generic term in hebrew that means close combat. Depending on where you live, it may be hard to find an authentic Israeli Krav system. My instructor was in the IDF special forces during the first Intifada and they went from using Krav Maga to LOTAR. According to him, too many IDF soldiers were getting killed using the old Krav method.
Back to top Go down
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Good Krav Maga Clip   Good Krav Maga Clip EmptyFri May 16, 2008 9:31 am

Hi Victor,
thanks a lot. I guess its always hard to find good instructors...no matter what system/style it is. If i find the time i go for a test trainingsession next week. I just try out all schools near here see if theres one i like or not. Couldnt find much about LOTAR in germany yet and absolutely nothing close to where i live, but as i dont wanna join the army i hope i´ll survive without it Smile Again...thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
VictorS

VictorS

PostSubject: Re: Good Krav Maga Clip   Good Krav Maga Clip EmptyFri May 16, 2008 1:18 pm

Hi Pete,
I took a look at the following website - http://www.kravmaga-survival.com/ based out of Denmark. In their links page, they have links to KMS schools in Hamburg. Are they the ones you were considering? It would be worthwhile checking out....

What caught my attention is this quote: “We will accept any technique that is simple, effective and better than any existing technique!” - if they live up to it, it says alot about their methods - No EGO!

If you go to the links page and scroll down, you will see a link to the system I teach called HaganaH F.I.G.H.T.

Cheers,

Victor
Back to top Go down
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Good Krav Maga Clip   Good Krav Maga Clip EmptySun May 18, 2008 9:37 am

i havent had them on my list yet but i will try them out too as it sounds good indded. Not really around the corner for me but if its worth it...
I will let you know what i think after i tried a few groups.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Krav Maga Clip   Good Krav Maga Clip Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Krav Maga Clip
Page 1 of 1