Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

chi sau/sticky hands/ contact flow?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chulodogo

chulodogo

chi sau/sticky hands/ contact flow? Empty
PostSubject: chi sau/sticky hands/ contact flow?   chi sau/sticky hands/ contact flow? EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 9:51 pm

anybody get the link for this video so thread makes sense please?

thanks

RICHIE (not chulo)

Last edited by Richard Grannon on Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:38 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : trying to clean up my forum)
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: chi sau/sticky hands/ contact flow?   chi sau/sticky hands/ contact flow? EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 7:25 am

Good Chi Sao is very useful stuff.
Lots' of systems have contact flow / sticky hands type drills. You can tell the good stuff because it shows up in loads of different systems (Richies included)
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: chi sau/sticky hands/ contact flow?   chi sau/sticky hands/ contact flow? EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 12:47 pm

...really cool.
can't say i know 'anything' about the style. but all that working of the hands that (as far as i can tell) is a HUGE part of wing chun, has a profound affect on reflexes (positive). i say this from some personal high-school (secondary school) experiences where i had this kind of constant exchange (between me and my friend, who 'was a charlaton who claimed to be an expert', BUT was an excellent street fighter--and so we constantly tried to work our arms in a way that wasn't really that dissimilar, though not nearly as graceful). [enough background], when my moment of reckoning came, my arms seemed to move a wee bit faster than i could think. it was some silly school fight, but it had a profound affect on me. i liked that things came out without any thought.
and i like that this master's (in the vid) workout includes grabbing the back of the neck--with elbow strikes, etc...

a nice break for me and my youtube searches that started out looking for brutal fights and ended up with voyaristic car accidents that include people.
Mad and metal. i guess i have to factor that sort of unpleasantness in when i search the internet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: chi sau/sticky hands/ contact flow?   chi sau/sticky hands/ contact flow? Empty

Back to top Go down

chi sau/sticky hands/ contact flow?
Page 1 of 1