Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

anerobic training

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
becky17

anerobic training Empty
PostSubject: anerobic training   anerobic training EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 10:02 pm

hiya
havnt been on here for quite a while anyway, im kinda stuck at the mo in my training in that im more of a weights girl than general fitness and to put it bluntly my aerobic fitness is crap it's really come to my attention lately cause i get knackered after a few rounds off sparring (also gotta pass a fitness test for work).so i was wondering what the best type of training is? ive heard interval training is prob the best but i was wondering on youre guys opinons
thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Traceur

anerobic training Empty
PostSubject: Re: anerobic training   anerobic training EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm

The SFS basic fitness challenge would be a good place to start. A lot of my fitness workouts are anaerobic and based on bodyweight exercises but I also use kettlebells.

For anaerobic conditioning, I would recommend working on sprints and calisthenics like pushups, squats, crunches and if you really want to go for it - burpees. Look up tabata drills too.

For basic bodyweight fitness training, this blog has some good ideas and there are tons of different workouts.

http://fitness-solution.blogspot.com/

After that it's worth looking at anything Ross Enamait publishes/recommends.
Back to top Go down
becky17

anerobic training Empty
PostSubject: Re: anerobic training   anerobic training EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 9:57 pm

thanks very much for the recomendation Very Happy
i'll give it a go
Back to top Go down
paulb

paulb

anerobic training Empty
PostSubject: Re: anerobic training   anerobic training EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 12:34 pm

Hi Becky

the SFS Basic fitness challenge is more a test of where you are rather than an attempt at building Anaerobic fitness. Start yourself on a program of approx 6 month of long slow distance, get yourself to the stage whereby you can run for example 40 miles per week, it aint tough at all so don't be daunted at mileage as once you have a feel for it you will easily eat it up. Then start with a couple of runs per week where by you reduce the distance to about 3 miles but run hard (not sprinting) for 1 min then run easy for 1min (or for 2 or 3 mins) but steadiy over time reduce the easy time. Once you are combining the two THEN you would have a really good aerobic base/stamina base to launch sprints from, this way you will benefit far more from the sprints. If you require fitness for sparring then the long slow distance will allow your body to recover better between rounds, the hard running will give you the ability to keep up a high tempo of strikes and the sprints will give you the ability to throw flurries of shots throught out your rounds.

Just my 2c

Hope this helps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

anerobic training Empty
PostSubject: Re: anerobic training   anerobic training EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 5:27 pm

Both Traceur and PaulB give good advice Bex... if your fitness sucks you should build an aerobic base for at least a month before you go anearobic... and for that the simplest way to get the best anaerboic increases is to torture yourself with tabtta/ HIIT style burpees... and by torture I do mean torture!

You could use the SFS fitness thing to build aerobic/ anerobic capacity I suppose, by giving yourself a rest between each set of 10 to let the wheezing die down!

ps nice to have you back Bex Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
cocktail

cocktail

anerobic training Empty
PostSubject: Re: anerobic training   anerobic training EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 6:52 pm

becky17 wrote:
hiya
havnt been on here for quite a while anyway, im kinda stuck at the mo in my training in that im more of a weights girl than general fitness and to put it bluntly my aerobic fitness is crap it's really come to my attention lately cause i get knackered after a few rounds off sparring (also gotta pass a fitness test for work).so i was wondering what the best type of training is? ive heard interval training is prob the best but i was wondering on youre guys opinons
thanks Very Happy

Becky, nice to meet you. I think it would be a good idea for you to check out this site. http://www.nextgennutrition.com/chat

It has a great group of members and a TON of info from very knowledgeable people that I have known for YEARS. Take a look around cuz I am sure you will find something. If not just post a thread and youll get one Very Happy

anerobic training Ngn_banner
Back to top Go down
becky17

anerobic training Empty
PostSubject: Re: anerobic training   anerobic training EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:25 pm

thanks everyone great advice! Laughing
paul b you sound like you know your shit cheers gonna give it a go.
affraid
havnt been training for a while so ive had a bad drop off
anyway thanks for the welcome back rich, havnt been around for a while cause i havnt had internet accses , through one thing and another No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

anerobic training Empty
PostSubject: Re: anerobic training   anerobic training Empty

Back to top Go down

anerobic training
Page 1 of 1