Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

yankies headbutt

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

yankies headbutt Empty
PostSubject: yankies headbutt   yankies headbutt EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 8:18 pm

okay, for training the headbutt-technique...i have one for the broke crowd. i have a neck high wall that i place a heavy padded box on--so
it's just jutting over, toward me. my particular box has a broken cast iron ceiling fan. this carries enough weight to move slightly forward with
a wee bit of intention. after ten strikes, i have to skirt the box back within range. so the routine is: stiffen up my neck and look a wee bit
down so i can't actually see my target--or the posture is wrong. at the last second, because i'm trying to add a slight bit of a strike quality
to it, i dip my head just a little bit more upon impact. if i try and even minimally take in the visuals, i hit too high on the forward. there's a
favorite spot on my head that is between mid and corner, but still following an imaginary hat line (as Richie describes), but my hat line is
more like a small beanie (perhaps i have less brain). i think you have to experiment so you don't feel that mild palsy-stun feeling that
comes when you have too much of your forward, and not enough of the top part.
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

yankies headbutt Empty
PostSubject: Re: yankies headbutt   yankies headbutt EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 10:36 am

"mild palsy stun"- Razz

you shouldnt really feel anything... are you doing it too hard maybe?
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com

yankies headbutt
Page 1 of 1