Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Headbutt Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

Headbutt Question Empty
PostSubject: Headbutt Question   Headbutt Question EmptyTue May 19, 2009 9:28 am

I am aboslutely chocka at the moment so if you could help me answer a few emails that would be wicked Very Happy

Quote :
Huge fan of your excellent work, really appreciate the work you have put into spreading your work and the constant stream of excellent DVD's that you make. I frequently watch and re-watch my growing DVD library of your work to refresh my mind of the techniques and gradually incorporate the excellent techniques which you put forward.However, the headset is one technique I cannot quite comprehend in terms of the effect. I frequently drill the move on my body opponent bag (bob) and understand that should the technique land effectively on the common target areas (the jaw, chin and temple) with power it will result in a knockout or at least stunning effect. However, what has been really bugging me is if the headbutt lands on any of the other parts of the face (as in the targets you recommend being the eyebrow, nose and cheek) will it still cause a knockout? Does the move have to land on the primary target areas to cause a knockout, or are these secondary target areas still valid knockout targets due to the fact that the head is a larger and heavier weapon than the fist or palm?
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

Headbutt Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbutt Question   Headbutt Question EmptyTue May 19, 2009 11:11 am

i think the way to think about the head is that it is an enormous hard surface, the momentum
of which comes from body's forward motion and/or minimal quick jerky head movement--together
is better. that said, what knocks out a person is the temple--i've seen it, and significant and
unexpected torque of the head. same as punching but with the added bonus that you've used
one of your body's few brick-hard and heavy surfaces to achieve this. forward motion can be simulated [pulling someone in at a quick rate if you're close in]. if your movements come down and across, you have increased the chances of having a stunning--short term or longer lasting [eg///k/o], affect on the
person in front of you. also, if you have hold of someone's head--which gives the added bonus of said
head no longer possessing options to retreat, considering pulsing your head into his. lessor enslaught
of hard surface all they while driving him back. i've practiced the headbutt in this way as a possibility
of landing it twice, and it inclines a faster [for me] growth curve for coordinating it under pressure. all the repetition inclines one in the practicality of not 'over-butting' and getting the angle exactly right. consider trying out 25 rapid blasts in a row, you find out alot about what you need to do with your body
mechanics--and should the situation afford itself, you are now more familiar with how to crash into your target multiple times under the right conditions.

that said, noses, etc...can be broken, etc...with a hard and heavy forward moving object. the affects are
still quite dramatic. rock the head enough, and you might have a nice default going--Richie has a clip
on the headbutt section of a woman head butting a bouncer out cold, i'm guessing from that whip lash
like affect because it otherwise comes straight in--but perhaps slightly upward to. i'll have to have a re-look.

my sense would be to concern yourself more with it landing right so no dammage is incurred to you.
the rest will invariably have a nice affect--if you can have a sense about the whole thing to make the
movement significant enought to create a whiplash affect, more going for you. in training, i've even
thrown my head into someone's solar plexus to create forward motion against a bigger fella. you'd
be surprised at how alarming that was to the big guy in front of me. i just can't say enough about a
good head butt. hope that's the answer you were looking for.
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
D.M.B.

D.M.B.

Headbutt Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbutt Question   Headbutt Question EmptyTue May 19, 2009 2:06 pm

excellent points Russel cheers

That clip of the woman headbutting and knocking out the bouncer is certainly something isn't it? affraid

I'd be inclined to say that regardless of what part of the face the hard corner of your skull crushes into, what will fascilitate a knock out will be the amount rattling that goes on inside your opponents head. bounce
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

Headbutt Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbutt Question   Headbutt Question EmptyTue May 19, 2009 8:28 pm

Quote :
really bugging me is if the headbutt lands on any of the other parts of the face (as in the targets you recommend being the eyebrow, nose and cheek) will it still cause a knockout? Does the move have to land on the primary target areas to cause a knockout, or are these secondary target areas still valid knockout targets due to the fact that the head is a larger and heavier weapon than the fist or palm?

I think the answer is it MIGHT cause a KO but is less likely to and that YES when using a headbutt looking for a KO you should focus on the primary areas and think about immobilising the head as Russ suggested or grabpushpulling the lapels bring the targets towards you as you move forward to add momentum

I would also second Russ's point about focussing more on not getting injured using it and therefore use it more to create distance from a opp. who is too close than thinking of it as a KO shot- if it does KO, happy days, bonus IF it doesnt, you go back to doing what you were going to do anyway

hope this helps
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Sponsored content

Headbutt Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbutt Question   Headbutt Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Headbutt Question
Page 1 of 1