Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thugs training

Go down 
+2
VictorS
Nav
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nav

Thugs training Empty
PostSubject: Thugs training   Thugs training EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 12:04 am

Ive noticed lately more and more people who cause trouble with people train in boxing and other things. I suppose the answer is "train harder" but I cant afford training equipment, what else could I do to train?
Back to top Go down
VictorS

VictorS

Thugs training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thugs training   Thugs training EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 12:46 am

Improvise. Use everyday items that you have around your house.
Back to top Go down
Southpaw

Thugs training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thugs training   Thugs training EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 5:04 pm

I don't know people in the boxing scene who look for trouble. I've been to chavvy gyms, educated(supposedly) gyms, and age ranging gyms. Ok you may not understand what I am getting at, I am talking about the kind of people/variety I have met at boxing gyms.

None have ever been thuggish in attitude except maybe 2 out of 50+ I have met. And they wouldn't really cause too much hassle.

Introducing to know why you think/say this?

Boxing should be about control and walking away, a poor trainer encourages otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Tom1985

Thugs training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thugs training   Thugs training EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 12:29 am

Nav wrote:
Ive noticed lately more and more people who cause trouble with people train in boxing and other things. I suppose the answer is "train harder" but I cant afford training equipment, what else could I do to train?

Train harder?? That's completely wrong. If some kind of thugs (meaning they probably already have weapons) are training to do more damage in an attack, training harder wouldn't accomplish much, with the exception that maybe you'll be more tired next time they'll try to mug you. Go buy a telescopic baton, maybe even a knife on top of that, and carry it with you ready to use.

You're talking about it as if it's some kind of upcoming boxing match you're worried about or something..
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

Thugs training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thugs training   Thugs training EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:07 am

i don't know if this applies...but my gut says, all you can do is better your odd by uncomplicating your game...
like that video of Bob and Richie...or something else you have in mind. rather than train for all possible scenarios
which can be daunting, i think having an extreme offense (not defense) with suprising, fast and aggressive stuff
goes a long way. be a killer...be a great big mistake they made chosing you. keep the things you do best and
work them in a way that would (as Victor might say) keep them on their heels. whenever i'm pressed for time,
and work areas, i fall back on some really fast jabs in really nasty places, and really low kicks (one kick really)
in low areas for two reasons:
1. make them worry i might throw another--even if i don't, which is distracting
2. possibly injure them low in the process

i don't mean my way is good. i mean it's easier emotionally not to get too fancy. keeping it simple in a way that
keeps you confident that you have something wicked, unpredictable and fast to offer. train like that (i think) and
add stuff only to keep it honest, when you have more time, for your training, to expose you to other stuff. several
people i knew only had one or two tricks--it was all they needed, no lie. one guy would always groin kick and ark
some odd angle punches for the head. he's done this in the street, and in tournaments--the tournament version
was a rising sloppy-ish round kick so he wouldn't be disqualified. the street version was so successful for him, he
got 'mugged' once, and let his two have it so hard, his story didn't fly and he spent a day in jail.

another guy, who save my butt once, only had a wicked side kick--which he through low, and i don't understand
how, but he would take people off their feet and follow up with a foot in their crotch when they hit the ground. after
that what he did pretty much anyone could do. it was his only trick but it went a long way.

i humbly advise that for a minimum...find your special several moves and take them really seriously..adding all that
stuff Richie talks about--sticking to an opponent until he's fucking unconcious, occupying their space, having a proper
violent intent. take on a scary persona. i've seen too many nice, and skilled, guys take a beating.

my humble opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Glenbo

Glenbo

Thugs training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thugs training   Thugs training EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 5:11 pm

Lets be honest all of them are queing up to be "CAGE FIGHTERS" or at least that the picture they paint.

I trained at quite a few MMA schools they come and its the I just wanna see how i can K.O someone quickly and they think basicly any grappling elements is "GAYISH" this was one comment that was used to me.

I must admit he did feel the wraith of my Guilotine choke and i must admit i did feel bad i sis hold it on for a few seconds longer as well.

He never came back the following week he just told a guy at one of out classes that we were all p***ys and he would smash us LOL.

So the answer is anyone can go to the gym and lift weight , stab someone with a knife but when it comes to a straightener they dont have a clue unless there's 5 of them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/put_me_in_the_cage
Sponsored content

Thugs training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thugs training   Thugs training Empty

Back to top Go down

Thugs training
Page 1 of 1