Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Videos

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

New Videos Empty
PostSubject: New Videos   New Videos EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 10:02 am

Would love to hear people's feedback about the new the video clips posted here

there is a bit video description here

http://www.streetfightsecrets.com/69.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

New Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Videos   New Videos EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 11:56 pm

A lot of the people are not "switched on", meaning they aren't prepared for aggression, and they aren't responding with aggression.

No examples of fences in the videos that I could see.

As for pulling knives as the fight progresses, that's almost ubiquitous regardless of where you are. A very good argument for ending the fight quickly. Once you start attacking, you don't stop until they are down, as in out.

I loaned your "pre-emptive strikes" DVD to someone who is a friend who gets in a lot of bar fights with his dad. He really liked it, and has not returned it to me yet. (It's been since October)

I think you've mentioned the wild flailing before, and I've seen it myself, but it is extremely common. Thing is, with some slight modifications, they could do damage with palm heels with a similar motion and a little discipline.

I still have to go with the philosophy of hit first, hit hard, and keep hitting.

You probably are seeing things I didn't mention here. That's what happens when you let idiots sign up for your forums Richie. I won't mention firearms, but lead sinkers in bandannas or highly trained baboons would have helped some of the people in the videos tremendously.

Do not knock baboons. They are really damn vicious if they have a good bond with their owners. Orangutans are EXTREMELY strong and equally as protective. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Dominance

New Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Videos   New Videos EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 6:22 am

I watched the Russian Bouncer video.. those guys shouldn't be in the job.. the patrons weren't even putting up a fight or anything it seemed they were just beating the shit out of people for fun..

Though I don't know what happened inside before that.. from apperances it seems like that..

-Ben
Back to top Go down
RichardB

New Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Videos   New Videos EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 7:38 pm

As to the way the people fought in the videos, one thing that sticks out like a sore thumb is that nobody seems to know WTF they're doing. No plan, no goal, just extreme body-language. For the record there were a few good knockouts there. If you know exactly what you want to achieve from the outset, there's a lot less fumbling around. I.e., knock the guy out cold. BTW while on the subject of plans, you've heard of Jeff Cooper's color code system right? White, yellow, orange, and red. White is obliviousness and has no place outside of secure areas. Yellow is paying attention to what's going on around you. Let's say you notice a potential enemy. In doing that you shift to orange and quickly asess the guy and the best course of action. Then you've got a basic plan or goal if you need to go red and take the guy.

Another thing is the bigger social aspect and how to work with that. You can create or avoid a lot of trouble based on how you step socially. I'd recommend reading this book. Violence, blunders and fractured jaws - by Marc MacYoung It's full of good observations and advice on how things work in such environments.

Carl Sagan, you mention monkeys?

Don't mess with monkeys...
Back to top Go down
Dominance

New Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Videos   New Videos EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 11:02 pm

Yeah I haven't seen very many real life fighting videos where they are trained well... i've found one or two in my time.. the one on the "Real Fights Real Defense" Dvd's, which I have seen other places before.. where the guy is in the bar talking to some girls and 2 guys come up to him and he knocks them out.. the guy in the video is apparently a amateur MMA fighter..

Actually now that I think of it.. its the only one so far. Theres a fight dvd called "Felon Fights" and I thought I was going to see some hardcore stuff.. but it was shit.. the best dvd with fights i've seen so far is "Barroom Babes And Brawls".. and the best movie which i've watched 3 times is "Aussie Park Boys"..

Yes, I like the Marc Macyoung book.. it was the first book I read on reality based self-defense.. about 5 years ago, and I just revisited it recently and the with my new experiences I could understand it better and picked more up.. his other books are good too.. try "Violence, Blunders and Fractured Jaws - Advanced Awareness Techniques And Street Etiquette".. its got alot of great stuff about awareness and psychology, talking about it now I think I will read it again..

And the color code system.. I've heard of it from several different places.. I don't think consciously "Im in code yellow now" or anything.. but I have trained my awareness and operate in a similar way.. but I never even think of color coding it.. I just know for myself what the threat level is and deal with that..

And Carl.. I think you need to preemptively go and get the dvd of your friend, because its a quality dvd and I wouldn't want to give it back either Laughing But luckily I have my own copy!..

Oh and on the subject of Marc Macyoung.. have any of you read "A Professional's Guide to Ending Violence Quickly: How Bouncers, Bodyguards, and Other Security Professionals Handle Ugly Situations" ? because it sounds like a good book and it is related to me as I am a bouncer..

-Ben
Back to top Go down
RichardB

New Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Videos   New Videos EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 7:55 am

Dominance wrote:
And the color code system.. I've heard of it from several different places.. I don't think consciously "Im in code yellow now" or anything.. but I have trained my awareness and operate in a similar way.. but I never even think of color coding it.. I just know for myself what the threat level is and deal with that..

I think it's only conscious as you're starting to learn it. As with all skills. Optimally it should be automatic and unspoken. It seems to work well as part of the fence. I.e you're staying aware, you spot potential trouble and decide on your basic approach if the potential troublemaker crosses that spoken or unspoken line. And if he does, that's your trigger and you take him.

Dominance wrote:
Oh and on the subject of Marc Macyoung.. have any of you read "A Professional's Guide to Ending Violence Quickly: How Bouncers, Bodyguards, and Other Security Professionals Handle Ugly Situations" ? because it sounds like a good book and it is related to me as I am a bouncer..

-Ben

Got that one too. It's definitely worth a read, especially if you're a bouncer. There's a lot of useful little things in there. Alcohol Vs. the brain and behavior, professional use of force, pshychological stuff i.e., the general types of violence and the ways to best handle each. (fear, frenzy, tantrum and criminal). Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

New Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Videos   New Videos EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 9:45 am

the 2 KO bar fight from the "real fights real defense" dvd set

Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Sponsored content

New Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Videos   New Videos Empty