Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any strength guys here

Go down 
+3
DaveCollins
Southpaw
Loki
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Loki
Admin

Any strength guys here Empty
PostSubject: Any strength guys here   Any strength guys here EmptyWed May 28, 2008 6:44 pm

After reading the introduction thread it seems there are quite a few strength trainers here.

Just want to know about anyone's record after i freaked out when i know this friend of mine that attached 300lbs to do a dip at a bodyweight of around 16 stone.

I myself just started on the weight world for a year and got the follow record (Although it probably suck compare to some of you monsters out there!)

I weight slightly over 16 stone

Deadlift: Abit over 200kg Max rep, 170kg for 5 reps
Close grip Bench Press: Around 135kg Max rep, 102.5kg for 5 reps
Barbell Clean and press: 85-90kg
8 Pull Ups
24kg Chin ups two reps
One arm kettlebell snatch 40kg Over ten reps with both left and right arm
180 snatches with a 24kg kettlebell in 10 mins

How about you? Especially interested in you powerlifters that are on this forum!
Back to top Go down
Southpaw

PostSubject: Re: Any strength guys here   Any strength guys here EmptyWed May 28, 2008 9:24 pm

I'm 18. 6" and have trained for 2 and 3/4 years.

I weigh bang on 12 stone.

My max bench press is currently 90.4 kg with my little fingers touching the metal indiciators.
Which means im benching 13.8kg more than my bodyweight.

I don't know any other stats off the top of my head, I'm not really into recording just pushing.

Not really sure if this is the right forum if you want powerlifter information to be honest?
Back to top Go down
DaveCollins

PostSubject: Re: Any strength guys here   Any strength guys here EmptyWed May 28, 2008 9:32 pm

Last edited by DaveCollins on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any strength guys here   Any strength guys here EmptyThu May 29, 2008 12:22 am

Southpaw wrote:

Not really sure if this is the right forum if you want powerlifter information to be honest?

I am just interested in knowing if there are any forum members that are interested in any type of strength training like what Dave Collin said stuff like Sandow and Saxon. Or kettlebells, olympic lifts etc.

Given that richie havent set up a strength/conditioning section on this forum I just posted here. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Southpaw

PostSubject: Re: Any strength guys here   Any strength guys here EmptyThu May 29, 2008 10:52 am

Ahh fairplay, my apologies.

I'm into the gym and building upper body strength. But I think you seem more interested in power lifters which I am not.
Back to top Go down
Loki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any strength guys here   Any strength guys here EmptyThu May 29, 2008 11:02 am

No need to appologize Southpaw! Just trying to clear things up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Any strength guys here   Any strength guys here EmptyThu May 29, 2008 2:19 pm

Loki,
your pal is a beast. i tried mixing and matching powerlifting with shotokan for many years. my joints occasionally objected--all those little stabilizer muscles in the shoulder would rise up and rebel.
all i remember was the poundage--don't ask for 'stone' anymore (my appologies)

i weighed 165
would rep 5 to 7 range with 275, on the bench, maxing around 315--sometimes a wee bit more
squats were at (???) 495 i think
deadlifts--can't remember, but were good for my weight
and (although this is not powerlifting as such) 225 for sitting military

-Rus
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Loki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any strength guys here   Any strength guys here EmptyThu May 29, 2008 2:37 pm

Hey Russel,

225lbs sitting military press at BW of 165lbs is very good!!

How much can you do standing?

BTW: 1 stone is 14lbs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Any strength guys here   Any strength guys here EmptyThu May 29, 2008 4:05 pm

Loki,
thanks for the conversion (stone to pounds...i was having trouble remembering if it was 11 or 14).
i don't know what i'd get for a standing military. i used to do well with fore-arm curls--and had a recurring & disturbing tendon sensation that would scare the hell out of me (in my fore-arm where it meets the inner elbow and and bicep). i begrudgingly started with the sit down version of military and kept it--partly because it felt satisfying, and partly because i like to keep SOME things around i'm good at before doing something like chin-ups, which i'm okay at if you catch my drift. same story for dips. i used to keep high reps for them because my shoulders would sometimes get injured with heavy weights. that's why i say your friend's a beast. your numbers are impressive too--i love free weights, they really get testosterone up. i used to love dumbbell incline benchpress but don't have access to that anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Loki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any strength guys here   Any strength guys here EmptyThu May 29, 2008 4:20 pm

Yea, freaked me out quite abit when i saw him load up that much plates for a dip! (I mean you see a over 400lb bench press alot nowadays but not much dip over 200lbs) I also was a fan in doing the incline dumbbell press but due to a shoulder injury i tend to stick to flat bench or a pure stand up press.
Back to top Go down
Dark

PostSubject: Re: Any strength guys here   Any strength guys here EmptySat May 31, 2008 8:00 pm

Loki,you've been lifting weights for a year you say?

That's a mighty impressive list of personal bests you have there! Keep up the good work!

My bests,set about 12 years ago:-

Bench 150kg
Deadlift 200kg
Squat 170kg
Military Press 102.5kg
Back to top Go down
Loki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any strength guys here   Any strength guys here EmptySat May 31, 2008 8:51 pm

Hi Dark,

Thanks for the compliment, been foucinsg on lifting for around a year and half.

How much you weigh when you got the 102.5kg military press??
Back to top Go down
Dark

PostSubject: Re: Any strength guys here   Any strength guys here EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 6:13 pm

I weighed approx 95kg at that time.

(12 years later i weigh in at about 100kg...but most of that seems to be around the middle Rolling Eyes )
Back to top Go down
Quietman

PostSubject: Re: Any strength guys here   Any strength guys here EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 6:34 pm

300lb for a dip or dips is very impressive.I used to do 10 with 45kg attatched at a body weight of 86-88 kg. I've known someone do a dip with 400lb yes that's right 400lb ! He was a British and European powerlifting champion in the middleweight division and he had constructed a special apparatus to balance that amount of weight between his legs.I should point out he was not on any 'juice' either. It's not uncommon now to go to any 'hardcore' gym and see guys lifting phenomenal weights, I remember I was training one day doing squats with 300lbs and a guy came in and set up bar on the squat racks next to me with the same weight 300lbs, I mentioned that he could work in with me if he wanted but he said he was alright, he then walked around the room and come back to the bar and military pressed it 10 times from the squat racks ! He later went onto do some bench pressing where three of us spotted him with 260kg on the bar ! Of course he was on that much gear to do those type of lifts but still watching someone move that amount of weight is impressive.
Back to top Go down
Loki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any strength guys here   Any strength guys here EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 9:38 pm

Hey Quietman,

There are quite alot of 260kg bench press in the world but 400lb dip!!!!!! THATS INSANE!
Back to top Go down
Quietman

PostSubject: Re: Any strength guys here   Any strength guys here EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 8:11 pm

Hey Loki,

That might be the case, but I don't often see 260kg bench presses. Yeah 400lb dip is phenomenal, the way I see it is that if you can bench one and a half times your own body weight your very good, if you can bench twice your own body weight I would say your exceptional. Sure you can talk about dosages,stacks etc and massive amounts of juice, but come on look at powerlifting records at respective bodyweight groups and you will get a idea of what weight you need to bench,squat,deadlift.

Cheers

Quietman
Back to top Go down
Loki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any strength guys here   Any strength guys here EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 8:50 pm

Hey Quietman,

Yea I dont mean i actually see 260kg benches often, mostly just through videos of powerlifting comp.

Have you seen Ryan Kenelly? He is totally insane, warms up with 273kg!
Back to top Go down
Ben

PostSubject: Re: Any strength guys here   Any strength guys here EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 4:10 pm

A bit off the topic I know, but I didn't feel a new thread was needed for this.

I have no idea about anything to do with working out, so any guys know what kind of workout's I can do to promote power rather than strength. I want to work out, build my body size and weight up, but I dont want to be strong and slow, I want to have quick, strong power.

I'm mainly focusing on my arms, for punching power, but having powerful muscle all round wouldn't go amiss either.

Any help would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Loki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any strength guys here   Any strength guys here EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 4:55 pm

Hey Ben,

Try barbell clean and press, adding a lower body exercise (Squat or deadlift) for starters

3 to 5 sets of 3

2 times a week
Back to top Go down
Ben

PostSubject: Re: Any strength guys here   Any strength guys here EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 5:01 pm

Cheers Loki.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any strength guys here   Any strength guys here Empty

Back to top Go down

Any strength guys here
Page 1 of 1