Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

essex instructors?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

essex instructors? Empty
PostSubject: essex instructors?   essex instructors? EmptySat May 24, 2008 3:21 pm

recived on youtube

Quote :
have the fear but I want to fight it off.
I really couldn't leave your page without leaving a comment. I've only seen 2 of your videos. What you said in your "Real Outlaws" Richard Grannon Intro video really hit me. Unbelievable as it is my fear of the streets while at uni (university of Exeter - which is really safe compared to most places in the UK) I never went out to the clubs more than 4 times and the times I went was out of much persuation and promises from my friends to keep an eye on me.

To worsen matters I recently moved to a part of essex which I never knew was sooo rough. There is hardly a day I make my way to work without being touted by teenage bike riders. It got to the point where I only took taxis from the station. But recently I learnt the 'if u xxxx with me i will kill you look' and it does work. Well as a 23 year old lady I may be more prone to such attacks so today I started looking online for peper spray only to find it is illegal. I have now turned to getting myself an alternative spray I saw advertised on youtube. I am also thinking of taking some martial arts training.

Before moving to essex I did go running in Exeter on the mornings at about 5:30am but my fear of this place has kept me indoors from running for a good 3 months.
Its not supposed to be this way. There is no reason on earth why my actions should be restricted by fear and I have made a decision to deal with it.

I really hope you read this cos judging from the number of subscribers you have you must be a busy person. Nevertheless thanks for your lovely vidoes which I will make time to watch and best of luck in the future.

xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Kieron

essex instructors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: essex instructors?   essex instructors? EmptyWed May 28, 2008 5:47 am

Hello miss,I could not help reading your post without feeling empathy for your plight.Your only sin is being a decent person in a potentially threatening world,but at least you are aware of the threat, it is an unfortunate fact of life.
Now is the time for the next step..actually joining a street based self defence club,..in there (generally) you will meet like minded people with the same concerns,begin to learn how to THINK in a self preservation way and learn techniques that could literally save you.
I think Richie does a DVD on self defence for women,and joining a club accelerates the process which in turn will give you confidence.I won't lie it WILL take time and even doing classes can bring up self doubts in your own ability,put this down to the learning process-it is natural to doubt but not healthy to restrict your life because of 'what ifs'.
Search the web for classes local to you and if need be ask for advice on suitable ones on here ...you will recieve honest advice AND THEN JOIN ONE! You will have begun the important first step..taking back control of your life and starting the 'psycological' fight back.
Good luck,you are not alone.
Back to top Go down

essex instructors?
Page 1 of 1