Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Beta-8 Syllabus 2 nd DVD released today!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

Beta-8 Syllabus  2 nd DVD released today! Empty
PostSubject: Beta-8 Syllabus 2 nd DVD released today!   Beta-8 Syllabus  2 nd DVD released today! EmptyTue May 06, 2008 10:53 am

the 2nd DVD in the Syllabus will be released later today

www.beta-8.com

topics covered:

-ways of breaking the clinch

-incidental strikes in the clinch

-basic strikes in the clinch: headbutts, knees and elbows

-intro to Combative Pressure drills (with and without protective equipment)
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: Beta-8 Syllabus 2 nd DVD released today!   Beta-8 Syllabus  2 nd DVD released today! EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:42 am

how frequently are these coming out Richie? Not sure I can afford a tenner a week
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Beta-8 Syllabus 2 nd DVD released today!   Beta-8 Syllabus  2 nd DVD released today! EmptyTue May 06, 2008 2:46 pm

AdamM wrote:
how frequently are these coming out Richie? Not sure I can afford a tenner a week

hahaha!

one a month pirat
Back to top Go down
KickTheirButts

PostSubject: Re: Beta-8 Syllabus 2 nd DVD released today!   Beta-8 Syllabus  2 nd DVD released today! EmptyWed May 07, 2008 6:33 am

I got the first one yesterday and watched it.. some good basic information..

I have used the guillotine and the side choke in real situations and they work well, though a few times trying the side choke we ended up on the floor..

I did learn a few new things, and variations and can't wait to try them on a partner. I have used the 'offensive clinches' presented, but haven't come across the 'defensive clinch' until now, but I think I have just ended up in something similar at times, though now I can train it consciously and use it.

Just have to find a good training partner, the last couple have just been little guys, one had zero experience, never a fight in his life and uncoordinated, the other had a little experience, but was little and skinny aswell.

I am waiting for the second one to be released because I am a reality based information junkie Smile

Who was the guy with the tatts you demonstrated on first? He looks like he could be a handful, in one way he has that vibe that he can handle himself, but he did seem to be a little hesitation in him, the second guy on the other hand didn't have that vibe. Anyway, just an observation.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Beta-8 Syllabus 2 nd DVD released today!   Beta-8 Syllabus  2 nd DVD released today! EmptyWed May 07, 2008 8:16 am

Danny the guy with the tats is a mate of mine from the door, he is a big chap, former Rock Ape and nice guy

the second guy is my mate Stefan who I know from the same club that I worked with Danny on, but as a punter not a doorman! and yes he is the less capable of the two
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: Beta-8 Syllabus 2 nd DVD released today!   Beta-8 Syllabus  2 nd DVD released today! EmptyWed May 07, 2008 1:01 pm

Am I missing the link to buy pt2?
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Beta-8 Syllabus 2 nd DVD released today!   Beta-8 Syllabus  2 nd DVD released today! EmptyWed May 07, 2008 3:28 pm

No we've run out of DVDs!

as soon as it s ready I'll put a message on here and a newsletter

other topics covered:

- the "student instructor" paradigm in training drills

- the proper use of compliance/ noncompliance

Sorry I just watched it again and other stuff is popping up
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Beta-8 Syllabus 2 nd DVD released today!   Beta-8 Syllabus  2 nd DVD released today! EmptyThu May 08, 2008 12:40 am

just got this email about the first one

Quote :
Sir;

I just received the 1st Beta-8 DVD and as I predicted it is loaded with some solid, basic, to the point techniques. Thank you. I look forward to seeing further DVDs in this series.

David

nice!
Back to top Go down
AKelly

AKelly

PostSubject: Re: Beta-8 Syllabus 2 nd DVD released today!   Beta-8 Syllabus  2 nd DVD released today! EmptyThu May 15, 2008 1:23 am

So forgive my ignorance...but what is the difference between Beta-8 and say Bob Spour's SAS Secrets? From what I've read of both DVDs, you are focusing your coursework on working from the clinch. Is that correct? confused

Arnold
Back to top Go down
Loki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beta-8 Syllabus 2 nd DVD released today!   Beta-8 Syllabus  2 nd DVD released today! EmptyThu May 15, 2008 1:48 am

AKelly,

Beta-8 is a complete series by Richie that will cover everything from stand up, clinch and ground plus a whole lot others stuff with the focus on it being street effective. One of the dvds of the series is about the clinch.

SAS fight secrets is Bob showing the way he beats people up, there are clinch work but not everything is about the clinch on the SAS series.

Bob does have a just clinch dvd with a focus on head control but it will be different to Beta-8's clinch work.

Hope that answers your question!
Back to top Go down
AKelly

AKelly

PostSubject: Re: Beta-8 Syllabus 2 nd DVD released today!   Beta-8 Syllabus  2 nd DVD released today! EmptyThu May 15, 2008 1:57 am

It may be just me, but I was under the impression that in RBSD "groundwork" was basically asking for your opponent's friends to come over and do the "old soft shoe" on your face. Am I wrong? How can groundwork be made street effective? confused

Arnold
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: Beta-8 Syllabus 2 nd DVD released today!   Beta-8 Syllabus  2 nd DVD released today! EmptyThu May 15, 2008 7:29 am

you need 'go to' techniques in all ranges. You certainly wouldn't choose to be on the ground in the street because, as you say, there may be a danger of it not being one on one. Plus the fact the ground will be conrcete, rubbish, glass, dogshit, etc. you may make a mistake or get suprised and find yourself on the ground before you've been able to react. If you've neglected to train at all on the ground you'll be in trouble then. You need to be able to work quickly down there.

When we train on the ground in my club I make sure I emphasise that in a real situation there's no tapping out. Arm locks are cranked on to break it and chokes are to ko.

Where it's an option FLF (fight like fuck) to get to your feet, but it can't hurt to have some skills.
Back to top Go down
AKelly

AKelly

PostSubject: Re: Beta-8 Syllabus 2 nd DVD released today!   Beta-8 Syllabus  2 nd DVD released today! EmptyThu May 15, 2008 11:02 am

I can see the need for having one or two ground techniques. They would be more along the lines of what I call "anti-grappling" techniques. Moves you use not to STAY on the ground, but to get up ASAFP (As Soon As FUCKIN' Possible!). A good drill to do is to only give yourself (or your partner) 5 seconds to get up from a situation where one or both are on the ground. If you don't get up within those 5 seconds, you can consider yourself screwed. Smile

Arnold
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: Beta-8 Syllabus 2 nd DVD released today!   Beta-8 Syllabus  2 nd DVD released today! EmptyThu May 15, 2008 1:07 pm

FLF to get up ASAFP, definitely

A Chuck Liddell like determination to sprawl and not go down

but once you're down, giving up after 5 seconds is not good. I'm 170 lbs so I have come to terms with the fact my opponent is usually considerably bigger. A decent understanding of ground fighting fundementals is essential if I'm going to get a decent position and snap an arm.

Anti-grappling against a bigger stronger man is not an option. out grappling might be if I DLF (drill like fuck) my submissions, remembering at all times that real life application doesn't stop at tap out, in the same way pulling punches is no use in real life. I can't KO my training partners or break their limbs, but I need to know I can.
Back to top Go down
Loki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beta-8 Syllabus 2 nd DVD released today!   Beta-8 Syllabus  2 nd DVD released today! EmptyThu May 15, 2008 1:11 pm

You need ground skill and actually be comfortable and have the knowledge to fight on the ground. Yes in the street you don't want to get to the ground but what if you did get into a ground fight, having the knowledge of grappling makes you get up much quicker then any "dirty tricks".
Back to top Go down
AKelly

AKelly

PostSubject: Re: Beta-8 Syllabus 2 nd DVD released today!   Beta-8 Syllabus  2 nd DVD released today! EmptyThu May 15, 2008 2:09 pm

AdamM wrote:
but once you're down, giving up after 5 seconds is not good. I'm 170 lbs so I have come to terms with the fact my opponent is usually considerably bigger. A decent understanding of ground fighting fundementals is essential if I'm going to get a decent position and snap an arm.

I'm not saying "give up" after 5 seconds. I'm just saying that after a few seconds, the chances of getting up and either continuing the engagement or running are greatly reduced. In my opinion, that is. Smile

Arnold
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: Beta-8 Syllabus 2 nd DVD released today!   Beta-8 Syllabus  2 nd DVD released today! EmptyThu May 15, 2008 4:20 pm

Ah, I see.

totally agree. After 5 seconds, if you've failed to scramble, that's when you need the go-to ground skills.
Back to top Go down
AKelly

AKelly

PostSubject: Re: Beta-8 Syllabus 2 nd DVD released today!   Beta-8 Syllabus  2 nd DVD released today! EmptyFri May 16, 2008 3:57 pm

Makes sense to me. sunny

But at the same time you still need to be working on getting back on your feet, yes?

Arnold
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: Beta-8 Syllabus 2 nd DVD released today!   Beta-8 Syllabus  2 nd DVD released today! EmptyFri May 16, 2008 4:24 pm

FLF
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beta-8 Syllabus 2 nd DVD released today!   Beta-8 Syllabus  2 nd DVD released today! Empty

Back to top Go down

Beta-8 Syllabus 2 nd DVD released today!
Page 1 of 1