Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chewing and state management?

Go down 
+2
Richard Grannon
technics1210
6 posters
AuthorMessage
technics1210

technics1210

Chewing and state management? Empty
PostSubject: Chewing and state management?   Chewing and state management? EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 6:38 pm

Hi, firstly want to big up the state management cd, another win there.

One of the topics you mentioned on the CD reminded me of another aspect that contributes to my state. Chewing. I have a tendancy to eat quickly and not chew enough, this in terms leads to a slaggish and pissed off state, especially after a big meal. I've noticed that when i've made a conscious effort to chew food to a pulp, literally liquify it then i feel more optimistic and have more energy. Dunno, Might just be me scratch
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Chewing and state management?   Chewing and state management? EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 7:07 pm

I have no idea, but if eating makes you feel sluggish and pissed off you need to change what your cooking yourself, how often you eat and portion size

if you gobble down a load of starchy processed high sugar high fat carbs a la macdonlads you are going to feel like fried crap whether you chew or not as what is making you feel rubbish is how your body is responding to the content of the food more than the state it is in when it hits your stomach, properly chewed or not

Im not the man to be giving nutriotional advice

a. Im not qualified

b. sometimes I eat good food... sometimes I eat kebabs Wink

ask Maija about nutrition
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
technics1210

technics1210

PostSubject: Re: Chewing and state management?   Chewing and state management? EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 7:31 pm

Actually what you've said is probably more the case.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Chewing and state management?   Chewing and state management? EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 7:53 pm

technics1210 wrote:
Actually what you've said is probably more the case.

you coook for yourself or you at the behest of someone elses nutritional choices? Very Happy

the fact is some food just doesnt make me feel good and some does, so I just use that as a very unscientific yardstick

a lot of "normal" foods and "normal" eating habits simply run counter for what the body was designed for, we feel sluggish and moody coz the machine which should be running on diesel has had unleaded stuck in it... and so much that the tank is over full and sloshing around

which is why many "normal" people in the modern western world are fat and sick, its "normal" to be fat and have ailments

so my advice to you technics would be to have a bit of a shakedown of what you put into the machine daily

Im sure people here can advise if you want it.

Ive become very interested in this topic in the last couple of years, especially when I see things like

they have those daft adverts: "sometimes when Ive eaten my tummy feels swollen like a football" well madam what you need is this yoghurt that grows on trees and in the fields.... ah no it doesnt, so what did we do before activia? well we didnt have a problem them did we, (unless we are all genetically made activia deficcient)

the problem is over eating of crappy food, the answer is probably going to be eating less and mo' better stuff

see hear jamie lee curtis has sold her soul to satan too

"mmmm, satan your sausage is very tasty today, slurp slurp, nam nam nam... and my cheque is where? yeah just sign it out to jamie.... jamie, thats j-a-m-i-e-... all one word... yeah...."

at 0.18

it says in tiny writing that flahses on the screen for 3 seconds, just enough to fulfill advertising standards requirements

"scientifically proven to HELP with slow intestinal transit when enjoyed daily for two weeks as part of a balanced lifestyle and football eating contests"

lets look at the phrase "scientifically proven to help" and wonder just what that actually means Very Happy

funny how no one gets on the telly and says "hey boys and girls, maybe you should try fasting for a bit?"

but who would pay to get on the telly and say that? who would benefit?

only the people eating themselves to death: but so what? people get healthier??? where is the profit in that?

cui bono?
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: Chewing and state management?   Chewing and state management? EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 12:07 am

What's wrong with kebabs ...? king
Back to top Go down
Mike2010

Mike2010

PostSubject: Re: Chewing and state management?   Chewing and state management? EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 10:52 am

I'm sure I heard that chewing properly is a good way to stop overeating, something to do with the amount of chews being how your body measures how much has gone in already.

Then again, I might be completely wrong.

I chew everything I eat very well, and can't just wolf stuff down. Bit embarassing because i'm always the last to finish at the restaurant.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Chewing and state management?   Chewing and state management? EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 12:01 pm

Mike2010 wrote:
I'm sure I heard that chewing properly is a good way to stop overeating, something to do with the amount of chews being how your body measures how much has gone in already.

Then again, I might be completely wrong.

I chew everything I eat very well, and can't just wolf stuff down. Bit embarassing because i'm always the last to finish at the restaurant.

me too, always last to finish

could well be that your body is measuring fullness by chews or the fact that you are eating slower allows your body to get the often tardy "Im full" signal from stomach to brain

I seem to remember reading it can take 10 minutes from the moment you are full to when you feel you are full

I dont know about you but I can fo shizzy eat a large donner kebab in 10 minutes Very Happy 1000 calories, minimal nutriotional value, loads of fat, yummy yummy!

whats wrong with them Maija? I dont think we should really be eating anything that is scraped from a slow turning trunk of assorted meat like substances lol!

but it tastes so damn good after 5 magners

then after that I feel full

so I dip my balls in a nice cool pot of activia straight out the fridge

... thats what its for, isnt it?

I mean thats what Jamie Lee does with hers right?

lol!
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Chewing and state management?   Chewing and state management? EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 5:41 pm

all jokin aside, check this out

http://trendsresearch.com/predictions/great-recess.pdf

Americans spend 1.5 trillion a year on medical care, 15% of the nations economy - a lot of the sickness comes from eating fake food, cheaply produced
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: Chewing and state management?   Chewing and state management? EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 1:14 am

Richie quote:
"I dont think we should really be eating anything that is scraped from a slow turning trunk of assorted meat like substances lol!
but it tastes so damn good after 5 magners"

But I thought the Mediterranean diet was good for you - kebabs, arak, cigarettes and loads of sugar, right? cheers

And yes .... foodless 'food' is horrible. The one time I ever went to Las Vegas - for the Art of the Motorcycle show - I remember getting a pancake breakfast and not being able to eat any of it. Instant pre-fab pancake mix, with margarine and colored-corn-syrup-with-flavoring-product on top. Mmmmmm yummy.
Back to top Go down
roadkill

roadkill

PostSubject: Re: Chewing and state management?   Chewing and state management? EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 1:22 am

maija wrote:
I remember getting a pancake breakfast and not being able to eat any of it. Instant pre-fab pancake mix, with margarine and colored-corn-syrup-with-flavoring-product on top. Mmmmmm yummy.

I have news for you... it would be like that in 90+% of the eateries any where in the states. When my wife and I go out to eat, there is very little on the menu that I will touch. For breakfast I special order whole wheat french toast made with no oil or butter and only real maple syrup and that's it.
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

PostSubject: Re: Chewing and state management?   Chewing and state management? EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 1:33 am

HAHAHA, yes, I have experienced this.
Drove with my friend to Minnesota, and somewhere in deepest Wyoming we stopped for a snack. I though coffee and apple pie was pretty safe, but to my disappointment ...no apple pie. "But we have Yellow Cake" said the waitress helpfully. To which I said "What flavor is that"? (thinking lemon or vanilla).
"Yellow" came the reply Shocked
Needless to say I opted for just coffee.
Back to top Go down
Blakops

Blakops

PostSubject: Re: Chewing and state management?   Chewing and state management? EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 8:11 am

I remember breakfasting on blueberry pancakes with bacon & maple syrup, in Florida whilst visiting Disney World, at 16, for a fortnight. Compared to Wimpy or any other Uk cafe, I thought I was in heaven.

It was also the first time in my life I had seen truly fat people. Bloody hell, found it very hard not too stare. One guy was so big, when he walked in there was an eclipse.

Best bit was 36'' inch inside leg jeans & size 13 shoes in the normal section of walmart. Did i mention I thought I was in heaven.
Back to top Go down
technics1210

technics1210

PostSubject: Re: Chewing and state management?   Chewing and state management? EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 10:07 am

Richard Grannon wrote:
you coook for yourself or you at the behest of someone elses nutritional choices? Very Happy

I cook for myself, i'll have to investigate nutrition at a deeper level, i can't seem to find high energy foods (except sweet potato) that aren't made of crap.

Richard Grannon wrote:
a lot of "normal" foods and "normal" eating habits simply run counter for what the body was designed for, we feel sluggish and moody coz the machine which should be running on diesel has had unleaded stuck in it... and so much that the tank is over full and sloshing around

My problem, me thinks.

Did anyone see any of the britains disgusting food shows recently? Fucking hell, that meat episode was an eye opener affraid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8RVNH5T4kk (part one)

Mechanically recovered meat for the win!
Back to top Go down
Mike2010

Mike2010

PostSubject: Re: Chewing and state management?   Chewing and state management? EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 3:59 pm

How amusing that the two times i've visited this thread I've been eating.

The first time was when I had made a pasta bake, and ate all of it (god, it was gooood).

And this time, i'm having some crisps preceded by last nights bag of popcorn (we rented a film from the local video shop).

Don't any of you piss on my parade. When I was peak fitness I was living on wholemeal bread tuna sandwiches, peppers and fruit. Got the t-shirt now i'm enjoying myself a bit (fatty..).
Back to top Go down
technics1210

technics1210

PostSubject: Re: Chewing and state management?   Chewing and state management? EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 8:54 pm

Richard Grannon wrote:

so I dip my balls in a nice cool pot of activia straight out the fridge

Ahahahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chewing and state management?   Chewing and state management? Empty

Back to top Go down

Chewing and state management?
Page 1 of 1