Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Human punching bag lol (video)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sergei

Sergei

Human punching bag lol (video) Empty
PostSubject: Human punching bag lol (video)   Human punching bag lol (video) EmptyThu May 01, 2008 11:45 am

These damn Yank "journalists" can't figure out the difference between a prison or a jail. LOL
This is a jail, not a prison, and it's during initial intake. Shocking, disturbing???? WTF this happens every day in every big jail in America. Stupid ass ACLU and media clowns. Enjoy the "human punching bag"!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9x-Mh9i2FQ
Back to top Go down
Sergei

Sergei

PostSubject: Re: Human punching bag lol (video)   Human punching bag lol (video) EmptyThu May 01, 2008 12:04 pm

I guess there's a new series called "Brits Behind Bars - America's Toughest Jail", the same jail where the child molester "human punching bag" thing happened. "America's Toughest Jail"??? I imagine that's to increase viewership. To rehash some old stuff, jails and prisons are different things in the USA. At least they got this one correct, as a jail and not a prison though LOL

Oh here's another series showing this same JAIL, not prison. I don't watch TV anyway but entering a pod with a shotgun to search for tobacco, lordy lordy how dare these fellas smoke a cig or 2.

Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Human punching bag lol (video)   Human punching bag lol (video) EmptyThu May 01, 2008 12:55 pm

I'll have to watch the series becauseI didnt understand that second clip

are they trying to warn British inmates not to commit crimes in US or what? The guy is saying to them you dont want to get the death penalty so stop your life of crime... well

a. they have already been convicted
b. they were convicted in the UK so... there will be no death penalty

sounds like a flawed premise for what may still be an interesting series

the death row guy sounded very calm, sober and intelligent to me... people in bad states make bad decisions?

Prison seems an overused and rather redundant solution to society's problems, I would rather face the corporal punishment from two centuries ago than be made to live in a box 23 hours a day, THAT is psychological torture and should really be banned as cruel and unusal punishment

before you all call me a blubbering liberal I believe in capital and corporal punishment, I believe in people taking responsibility for their actions and facing harsh consequences... but prison? as a long term solution? I'm not convinced

we should prioritise funding new research into rehabilitation...
as an example didnt Americans got really good results from giving prisoners dogs to look after? Sergei you will know more about this than me

im off my soap box now Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Sergei

Sergei

PostSubject: Re: Human punching bag lol (video)   Human punching bag lol (video) EmptyThu May 01, 2008 1:14 pm

Quote :

a. they have already been convicted
b. they were convicted in the UK so... there will be no death penalty

I'm not sure if the Brits have been convicted of anything yet or if England/USA has some inmate exchange program. The vast majority of people in jails have not been convicted of anything. I think they were arrested and charged in the USA.

Quote :
the death row guy sounded very calm, sober and intelligent to me... people in bad states make bad decisions?
Agreed, after the fact he's had a lot of time to think about his actions. He's not on death row though, he's fighting a case in jail of which he has not been convicted of.

I agree with you Richard. I agree 100% with executing certain people for certain crimes. 23 hours a day is lucky. Some guys only get 1 hour out alone per week. The "hole" does suck but it has it's benefits also. Time to think, quiteness, etc,. What does suck is that any guard can send you to the "hole" for any amount of time just because they don't like you, or you looked at that them the wrong way, etc, etc, etc,. Those guards are the ones that usually get thrown off the 3rd tier or stabbed. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Human punching bag lol (video)   Human punching bag lol (video) EmptyThu May 01, 2008 1:30 pm

if they do have an exchange program I would love to see what the US inmates thought of British sentencing and prisons

I was discussing with an ex doorman friend of mine the other day (he's actually the big chap in the Beta-8 DVD) about how blase we both were about the possibility of prison time when we were working the doors together, we would just get to work and not worry about it (we both started age 21, pretty young) until it actually came time to look at as something that was likely to happen imminently...

we were both involved in different situations at different times but both agreed it was a very fucking sobering prospect... neither of us have gone back on the door since
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
Sergei

Sergei

PostSubject: Re: Human punching bag lol (video)   Human punching bag lol (video) EmptyThu May 01, 2008 4:05 pm

Quote :
if they do have an exchange program I would love to see what the US inmates thought of British sentencing and prisons

From the few fellas I've talked with who have been in both systems, they refer to the English prisons as "holiday camps" or "holidy resorts". Same thing can be said about which state, level, and what unit you go to in the USA. Some are resorts and others are live or die 24/7.

"Beta-8" what is this I keep seeing? Is it an article or DVD or CD and where do I find it?
Back to top Go down
Sergei

Sergei

PostSubject: Re: Human punching bag lol (video)   Human punching bag lol (video) EmptyThu May 01, 2008 4:42 pm

Quote :
Prison seems an overused and rather redundant solution to society's problems

No doubt. Instead of cutting the roots they trim the branches.

Quote :
I would rather face the corporal punishment from two centuries ago than be made to live in a box 23 hours a day, THAT is psychological torture and should really be banned as cruel and unusal punishment

No doubt again Very Happy . It has negative effects on most people while others strive and become mentally stronger under those conditions. There are people here on 23 hour lockdown with no contact with humans since the 1980's. That's going on damn near 30 years in 24 and 23 hr total isolation. I would consider that cruel for what they didn't do. I very rarely read fiction of any type but in Dostevesky's novel "The Idiot" he speaks about a bit about this. He speak from personal knowleadge as he was sentenced to death by firing squad and the anticipation was hardest for him and tortured his mind. Months later he was taken to the firing squad, hooded, and then at the final moment given a different sentence to a Siberian gulag and exile from the Motherland after the gulag.

Quote :
as an example didnt Americans got really good results from giving prisoners dogs to look after?
Yes very good results. Really good for the mental well-being for the convicts, less problems at those units, less tension between C.O.'s and cons, better "vibes" throughout the pods, and many more benefits, not counting the blind folks who they train the dogs for. Those programs are very limited though, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
AdamM

PostSubject: Re: Human punching bag lol (video)   Human punching bag lol (video) EmptyThu May 01, 2008 5:46 pm

Sergei, you might have to get over this Jail / Prison thing

Oxford dictionary
Prison n a building for the confinement of criminals or those awaiting trial.

Jail n a place for the confinement of people accused or convicted of a crime.

It's correct to use either word. It's fine for you to use one word for one thing and the other for something else, but you shouldn't let yourself get annoyed at people using them differently, because they're right to. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Craig

PostSubject: Re: Human punching bag lol (video)   Human punching bag lol (video) EmptyThu May 01, 2008 6:03 pm

Nice vid. Like the reaction of the Sheriff at the end, 'What the flock do you expect me to do?!'
As he said, short of tying them up, its going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Human punching bag lol (video)   Human punching bag lol (video) Empty

Back to top Go down

Human punching bag lol (video)
Page 1 of 1