Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

G'day lads im new here

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Valoren

G'day lads im new here Empty
PostSubject: G'day lads im new here   G'day lads im new here EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 5:48 am

G'day, call me Val
I saw some of Richie's stuff on youtube and im impressed,
after reading the cage to street PDF I thought Id like to learn more about Streetfightsecrets philosopy, that impressed me too

well a bit about me im a 20 year old guy that's got a history of a lot of Martial sport, which I sucked at and throughly had the crap kicked out of me in a real fight situation, so I found a system called Budo Jitsu, which I enjoyed and actualy taught me skills that work in real life
and I also managed to turn my short skinny body into something that looked nice while I was at it

however, ive allways struggled with confidence ever since I was a kid (I was born 4 months premature and I suffered a lot of problems with my lungs) and had some learning dificulties, while none of those things affect me nowdays I still am in the frame of mind that I am more limited then any other bloke, now in my head I know thats not the case but deep down I got that nagging doubt

Budo-jitsu taught me a lot about how real fights start from the first eye conact and I now consider myself able to handle most idiots Australia throws at me on a friday night

but while it gave me skills I was and still am racked by issues of confidence, you know
the whole, im not strong enough why isnt this technique working when everyone else can do it blah blah, and im utterly hopeless in verbal arguments, I know full well if I learn to knock those on the head id stop a lot of the fights I get into before they happen

Im interestied in the fight pycology DVD's as well as the verbal agrument ones as no system ive ever done has taught me how to boost my confidence or how to handle verbal arguments in a way that doesnt make me seem like some sort of a robot

if you guys have got any tips please post

looking forward to meeting you all and chating with you
cheers lads

Val
Back to top Go down
81silverado

81silverado

G'day lads im new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day lads im new here   G'day lads im new here EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 5:10 pm

well im a 16 year old american high schooler verbal confrontation is an everyday thing, now i am NO expert im sure someone will post something totally making my point look idiotic but im just tryin to help what i normally do is just stare at them while they are yelling stuff with a look like "im not even gonna bother talking, but if you try somethin im going to tear your limbs off and beat you with them" or just LOOK like you arent even paying attention to them but really them and any of their buddies that might get you are the only thing on your mind
Back to top Go down

G'day lads im new here
Page 1 of 1