Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

feedback from the Verbal Confrontation Article

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

feedback from the Verbal Confrontation Article Empty
PostSubject: feedback from the Verbal Confrontation Article   feedback from the Verbal Confrontation Article EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 7:19 pm

Quote :
awesome!
i almost laughed out loud when i read the part about feeling confident physically, but not when answering to a girlfriend/wife. you just described my whole f&*&ing life. sometimes i feel like because of who i am--physically, i must lay down my metaphorical bow-&-arrow to many people in verbal scenarios, and it (my fight instinct) resurfaces (or almost reincarnates) in some other situation where i almost find myself wishing someone will throw a punch just for less ambiguity. some bloke in cinema line will be using odd body language to be rude, and i don't know how to respond because i sense that it will remain at the language-jerk level. it all hits me like an epiphany right now. thanks.
i do need to detach, i used to more (because of my ties to a meditation/guru path that have become thinned through staying busy with work, etc).
i'm always thinking about the outcome, humiliation, and forgetting whether i feel right or not. and i carry that crap around with me for days.
i'm at work right now, but i wanted to respond. i'm still laughing at myself inside.
also--on a different note. i heard your story about how your path began (about that emotional scar). i'm only just starting to process this for myself. i got the sh*& kicked out of me once by three people. one of them opened my lip up with a can. the other was wailing on me. i was drunk and with limited vision. the only stuff i was throwing belonged in a point martial art tournament. i think it was kind of like being baptized. i couldn't like pretty martial art stuff any more. i couldn't feel completely satisfied with that karate-kid stuff. it still gets to me, stays under my skin. makes the drive for no-nonsense stuff very real. for that reason i feel like sometimes it's important to have some version of an experience like that when on this kind of path. you understand the stakes.
R-

reassuring to know that other people feel the same way cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
VictorS

VictorS

feedback from the Verbal Confrontation Article Empty
PostSubject: Re: feedback from the Verbal Confrontation Article   feedback from the Verbal Confrontation Article EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 8:04 pm

Big bad Billy is sweet William now...Van Halen. I just thought about that song when I read the tough guy vs. the mrs metaphor....LOL Very Happy
Back to top Go down

feedback from the Verbal Confrontation Article
Page 1 of 1