Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elbowing the punch flurry: blocking jabs, crosses, and hooks with elbows.

Go down 
+7
D.M.B.
Sharif H
thugsage
RichardB
roadkill
chulodog
soahc
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sharif H

Elbowing the punch flurry: blocking jabs, crosses, and hooks with elbows. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbowing the punch flurry: blocking jabs, crosses, and hooks with elbows.   Elbowing the punch flurry: blocking jabs, crosses, and hooks with elbows. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 11:16 am

Quote :
Cover, Crash, Maul the fucker and then start giving him some shots of your own

Exactly.

Saohc, I'm not sure if you got the PMs i'm talking about. But I'll just leave it. To be honest this thread has gone way too far. At this point you really just need to put some gloves and a helmet on and just go for it with a buddy.

Pressure testing is an essential part of training. And even if what you're trying doesn't work - it's still fun! Just do it mate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tactical-protection.com
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

Elbowing the punch flurry: blocking jabs, crosses, and hooks with elbows. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbowing the punch flurry: blocking jabs, crosses, and hooks with elbows.   Elbowing the punch flurry: blocking jabs, crosses, and hooks with elbows. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 11:24 am

Sharif H wrote:
Quote :
Cover, Crash, Maul the fucker and then start giving him some shots of your own

Exactly.

Saohc, I'm not sure if you got the PMs i'm talking about. But I'll just leave it. To be honest this thread has gone way too far. At this point you really just need to put some gloves and a helmet on and just go for it with a buddy.

Pressure testing is an essential part of training. And even if what you're trying doesn't work - it's still fun! Just do it mate.

really reasonable response Shar...
Saohc, sometimes fighting isn't what we want it to be, it's what it needs to be. i'm sure you could keep searching the web
and eventually find that one special clip that will suit your sensibilities [like broc lesner doing just about anything and having
a person's head implode and simultaniously explode] but it will be anomylous--an exception to the rule. i guess if you're tough enough, fit enough, agressive enough...you can make a lisa simpson windmill work for you, but i think you may want to follow a path that brings you joy, and be prepared to widdle it down for the stresses of real pressure.

someone once told me that when bruce lee really fought, it was more like some tough hong kong kid street boxing--and that
he had a tremendous heavy handed punch. the kicks were for the screen. same with ong bak, etc...i really think there is a seperation, and that you too will find it.

good luck with your training/pressure testing

-peace
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Elbowing the punch flurry: blocking jabs, crosses, and hooks with elbows.   Elbowing the punch flurry: blocking jabs, crosses, and hooks with elbows. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 11:52 am

Yeah Soahc if you magically changed your argument from "elbows are good for defense" to "elbows are not good for defense" then cited the tito clip as " a perfect example" of your point when the EDIT of the clip you gave showed the Elbow defense working ?

....then yes I suppose did misunderstand you Rolling Eyes

Whats actually happened , wiggly little worm, is that you were not aware that the next few shots on that video clip knocked Tito out, your point has been definitively proved wrong by me using a different FULLER version of the same evidence you cited and instead of having the balls to say "oops! silly me I didnt know thats how the clip ended" you've tried to wiggle out of it (truly contemptible behaviour) and claim that I have "Misunderstood your point"

No

I think I understand you perfectly

as

1. this is your previous post "I think that this elbow flurry defense/offense would be a good alternative in a stand up match to typical boxing techniques like bobbing/weaving and blocking with forearms before counter punching."
2. you posted a clip where the edit showed the elbows working but because you have only a superifcial interest in the subject of MMA and Real Martial Arts you were too ignorant to know what came next in the clip.

Well done dumbass, you just shot yourself in the foot . Twice.

Seriously who do you think you are kidding?

So guess what Ive just caught you blatantly prevaricating and wasting the sincere efforts of people on here trying to help you.

Go back to your stage fighting brazillian cartwheeling and free running, Im sure your skills are truly impressive that you are fit and agile and can do things that most of us here will never be able to do

but you know fuck all about real fighting and dont seem to want to learn

instead you want to impose your childish, naive theories about how you would like things to work... well guess what?

free running, acrobatics and cartwheeling (the things you DO know sometihng about) will NOT be the next cuttting edge in street fighting tactics ... as much as you want them to be

Nobody is interested in your fantasy based theories, you know nothing and you arent prepared to glove up and learn

please go away
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
roadkill

roadkill

PostSubject: Re: Elbowing the punch flurry: blocking jabs, crosses, and hooks with elbows.   Elbowing the punch flurry: blocking jabs, crosses, and hooks with elbows. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 12:12 pm

Come on man... don't hold back... tell us how you really feel...

lol! Has to be the post of the Month lol!
Back to top Go down
Sharif H

PostSubject: Re: Elbowing the punch flurry: blocking jabs, crosses, and hooks with elbows.   Elbowing the punch flurry: blocking jabs, crosses, and hooks with elbows. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 12:38 pm

Richie,

Although I also reckon that matey seriously needs to go away and do some proper training, I gotta say that I think you may have fired off your pre-emptive rapid-fire post a bit prematurely. I.e you maybe (I can' t be sure, but maybe) read the 'pre-fight indicators' wrong.

As I read his post....

soahc wrote:
Here is a perfect example. Tito Ortiz under fire from Chuck Liddell, just taking it. He could have started using those elbows.

Starts at 0.51:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5CvVEyxBns&feature=PlayList&p=521CDD0A3D9D3F11&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=10

What I hear him saying is, "look, if only he did what I was talking about, it would work". Not necessarily "Look, this backs up exactly what I'm saying". (Either way, they're both wrong!) I too was a bit baffled when he said "perfect example" I wasn't sure what it was an example of. But I reckon he just saw Tito do something similar to what he was talking about and posted it without really making any point. More of an emotional reaction than a logical argument.

Either way... whatever. I could be wrong. Just thought I'd say what I thought I saw. At the end of the day, this post has been perpetuated only by Soahc's refusal to 1) listen to (and respect!) other people's views and 2) fuck off and do some real training.

So other than our differing interpretations of the about post by Saoch, I agree with everything you've said.

Damn, I hope this thread ends soon. Why are we still posting on it?

lol!
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Elbowing the punch flurry: blocking jabs, crosses, and hooks with elbows.   Elbowing the punch flurry: blocking jabs, crosses, and hooks with elbows. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 12:59 pm

Richie,
no exageration...
i laughed out loud like a school girl on crack for a solid five minutes.
my office door was locked and i'm sure it simultaniously sounded like
crying and laughing....you made my fooking day mate

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

still giddy beyond the any reasonable level

...and i'd just finished chewing out some inappropriate co-worker/teacher
backstabbing--nipped in the bud. so i came into my office fire up, only to
see your post.

holy shitsu, i'm still smiling, my face has cracked in half

YOU...ARE...A...GOD cheers
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

PostSubject: Re: Elbowing the punch flurry: blocking jabs, crosses, and hooks with elbows.   Elbowing the punch flurry: blocking jabs, crosses, and hooks with elbows. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 1:16 pm

sorry Sharif but his second to last post before he gave the Tito clip as a "perfect example" of his point reads as follows

Quote :
"I think that this elbow flurry defense/offense would be a good alternative in a stand up match to typical boxing techniques like bobbing/weaving and blocking with forearms before counter punching."

so Im sorry if you think Ive misinterpreted him but if a person writes:

"oranges are better than apples"

then, sequentially: "here is a perfect example of oranges being better than apples" and the evidence given supports that point of view

then am I seriously to be blamed for assuming the muppet thinks oranges are better than apples?

so either he is deliberately prevaricating or so confused in what he wants to express he just impulsively ejaculates on MY forum wasting YOUR time without thinking first?

dont defend him for fucks sake Sharif, Im giving him the bullett on your behalf, I wasnt even really on the thread till this point

why agonise over some bellend who doesnt want to listen??!!

No

He can use someone elses forum as a psychological spunk rag, Im not having it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

PostSubject: Re: Elbowing the punch flurry: blocking jabs, crosses, and hooks with elbows.   Elbowing the punch flurry: blocking jabs, crosses, and hooks with elbows. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 1:21 pm

Richard Grannon wrote:
He can use someone elses forum as a psychological spunk rag, Im not having it.

AGAIN, I THANK YOU RICHIE Laughing

P.S.

"or so confused in what he wants to express he just impulsively ejaculates on MY forum wasting YOUR time without thinking first?"

BINGO

his idealism betrays himself
Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sharif H

PostSubject: Re: Elbowing the punch flurry: blocking jabs, crosses, and hooks with elbows.   Elbowing the punch flurry: blocking jabs, crosses, and hooks with elbows. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 6:30 pm

Yeah, point taken.

Certainly too much spunking and impulsive ejaculation. This thread was getting very messy indeed. Interpret this emoticon as you wish... pale

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbowing the punch flurry: blocking jabs, crosses, and hooks with elbows.   Elbowing the punch flurry: blocking jabs, crosses, and hooks with elbows. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elbowing the punch flurry: blocking jabs, crosses, and hooks with elbows.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2