Street Fight Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Street Fight Secrets

Intelligent Self Protection Solutions: Combative Psychology and Street Applied Martial Arts

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Street boxing DVD

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RichardB

Street boxing DVD Empty
PostSubject: Street boxing DVD   Street boxing DVD EmptyFri May 01, 2009 12:09 am

The street boxing DVD was a well timed release. Bare knuckle boxing has been the main focus of my attention lately (and twirling butcher knives I'll admit). Although broken knuckles and rotten punk teeth infections are major concerns, punching works and is useful. The real issue doesen't seem to be how to do more damage, but how to prevent damage to yourself while punching. Through mechanics, targeting and sensible conditioning. That is; mostly just strengthening the tendons and muscles of the hand and wrist. Anyway I've picked up the bareknuckle book just released by paladin press, a couple on the lead hand blow and so on.

Like this guy seems good at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-kw1KBU2ps

I think this DVD will hit right home. Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

Street boxing DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street boxing DVD   Street boxing DVD EmptyFri May 01, 2009 1:22 am

thanks RichB, hope you enjoy it

by the way RichB, thats yet another RichB in the clip other than the other two I mentioned

this new DVD is available now here http://www.streetfightsecrets.com/streetboxer.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfightsecrets.com
RichardB

Street boxing DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street boxing DVD   Street boxing DVD EmptyFri May 01, 2009 2:38 am

My god, they're everywhere. lol!

I even stumbled across this.

Quote :
...As gruff criminal Richard B. Riddick, your main goal is to break out of Butcher Bay, the intergalactic equivalent of Alcatraz: a menacing, unforgiving, and nearly inescapable prison...

source

Never knew he had a name beyond "Riddick" in the first place. Not the worst name I'd say. Laughing

Especially scince he does cool stuff like this with tea cups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx1XhlPIeEM&feature=related

There's actually an aluminum tea cup on the table right now. lol!
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

Street boxing DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street boxing DVD   Street boxing DVD EmptyFri May 01, 2009 9:53 am

ha! cool... except that could make him Dicky Riddick... Rolling Eyes

good scene, its my favourite Vin Diesel performance
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

Street boxing DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street boxing DVD   Street boxing DVD EmptyTue May 05, 2009 2:35 pm

i've been quiet about commenting because i've got the DVD coming, but just
looking at the clip--and the other clip that can be accessed at the end of the
first. cheers i'm fookin' thrilled. it's xmas. mana from--well, the back alley scratch

it addresses a missing piece that i previously had, then lost amidst experiences
in the sports fighting world, then tried to get back. i still have the memory of the
stationary tight hook i threw missing my target on the street. interesting thing to
start with and address--pre'form' days and i'd lean into the jab moving the whole
time, sloppy and cashius clay-esque, without all the tremendous skill of course...
so if you have invested time in sports combat, this is for you.

it starts the
process of unbrainwashing your impressive but impractical skill set and tweeking
it. making the necessary adjustments required so you don't lose what you've done
{wax on; wax off} but rather learn to put wheels and range on your techniques.
for me i'm always really fekkin stoked when some of my epiphanies get validated
by Richie because i'm never sure that i wont let go of some of my 'adjustments'
simply because i'm constantly letting go of any steadfast rules. i'm so fookin' undog
matic at the end of the day--backlash of years of formal and strict shotokan, that i'm
quite happy to just pick up a metal dust bin lid and call it 'bin-fu'.
in the end i find
that one needn't throw out the baby with the bathwater, but rather having a discerning
eye for what is in fact bathwater. if you still train in sports combat, take the extra step
to allow for different training days and styles. for me, i'm happy to use palms for self
defense and fists for sports--just to differentiate [my own little way of not pulling punches
and aiming for useless areas like the stomach when my hands are open...it's like my
trigger to unbrainwash my muscle memory...how you train is how you fight and all the rest
of it...now though, i'm not sports fighting at all, so if i feel like relaxing the reigns and
bringing back boxing--i can make the adjustments and not worry about the wires getting
crossed}. what's funny is that i taught a karate class recently, closed my fists [of course] and
found all the flat footed stances and pulled punches returning in a moment. EEEEK! i do think
it's possible to juggle both worlds--though i'm not interested to, it would minimally take two
seperate styles of training with their radically differing objectives.

bare knuckle street boxing for real--without lads pulling you apart and chanting
'fair fight, fair fight'.
dead on. this and the DVD about explosive training. there's a wicked foundation there!
What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.emptyhand.webs.com
maija
Admin
maija

Street boxing DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street boxing DVD   Street boxing DVD EmptyThu May 07, 2009 11:43 pm

I'm sorry, but talk of tea cups made me just have to post this ....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwEIkXMfL1E
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

Street boxing DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street boxing DVD   Street boxing DVD EmptyWed May 20, 2009 12:43 pm

just watched the whole thing. really so important in the arsenol--well put when described
as sort of a mesh [paraphrasing] between boxing mechanics and karate like forward movement and
extended strikes. i've looked at alot of bare knuckle fights, and one of the oldest--now it behooves me
to find it, follows this idea perfectly. a bare knuckle champion--one of the mean fatties of old boozed up
inflicting mass damage, used the step drags of karate and the timing of the body landing while making
contact yet still boxing. i'm thrilled about this. i've had my share of wrist sprains and hand and knuckle breaks--this is what i was looking for. i used my fists for years but scarcely put a difinitive
explanation on the why's for times i didn't self injure myself vs. times that i had. i even did away with
knuckles altogether i was so peaved--in the interest of keeping myself in a noninjurious state.

my old trouble was fighting tight-in, verses extending. another was that i didn't want to sacrifice speed and often landed punches with relaxed hands--whipping in faster. all sets ups for missing/injuring.
i was used to the power behind the gloves and paid for it pads off. now i'm at a cross roads of seriously putting more effort into what i've already felt was true but haven't truly cashed in on as far as training--mix and matching accordingly between open hand and closed fists. which as i tweek things for my own taste might mean the jab that i really was quite happy with [fists] growing up, and the jap slaps that i have some nice muscle memory--real time, over.

Richie, i think you just upted my game.

i re-iterate...this one and the explosivity concept dvd is major
cheers
Back to top Go down
Richard Grannon
Admin
Richard Grannon

Street boxing DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street boxing DVD   Street boxing DVD EmptyThu May 21, 2009 9:57 am

Quote :
Richie, i think you just upted my game.

i re-iterate...this one and the explosivity concept dvd is major

I had a feeling you would like that one Russ, always enjoy a bit of game upting Very Happy

Quote :
one of the mean fatties of old boozed up
inflicting mass damage, used the step drags of karate and the timing of the body landing while making
contact yet still boxing. i'm thrilled about this

thats it, plus the intent of karate: to do most damage with fewer harder shots... or the old "Ikken Hissatsu" or "one strike one kill"- which Ive always chosen to interpret nonliterally (when people take everything literally they can get in a right tangle) as a Japanese poetic way of saying "hit them as hard as you fucking can" and, or "end the fight decisively".
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

Street boxing DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street boxing DVD   Street boxing DVD EmptyThu May 21, 2009 2:31 pm

as promised///

Quote:
one of the mean fatties of old boozed up
contact yet still boxing. i'm thrilled about this

Quote///
"now it behooves me
to find it"

referencing timed foot [landing] and hand [making contact], and step drags, etc...

in short, the bloke with no shirt exhibits fine shotokan-boxing hybrid form--nailing the
fooker over and over. can't remember how it turns out, but those strikes would significantly
add some pauses in the chops of most. if it wasn't a bout, which calls for pacing, that bull
should have--all things being hypothetical, trampled his opponent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mla2VxabR74

BTW: for those with limitted time...watch the match between 3 and 4 minutes...enough
there to make the case.

spot on Richie--as usual cheers

note: if memory serves, there was an upset...because the bloke with a shirt had the gift of stamina,
and a bit of a thick skull--the one taking the most damage. the mechanics of it stand though. i sure as shite wouldn't be teaching to fight like the guy with the shirt. 'back up...get hit in the head...back up...
get hit in the head'
affraid
Back to top Go down
darktim99

darktim99

Street boxing DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street boxing DVD   Street boxing DVD EmptyFri May 22, 2009 8:01 pm

"street boxing" is something that i like. if i may go into my thoughts on it.

"you can use the boxing ring to get ready for the street, but you cant use the street to get ready for the ring - bartley gorman v

he knew more then a few things about street boxing and bare knuckle fights. read h is book its and excellent insite into that world. 'king of the gypsies' ace book.

but i agree you can use the training from your boxing or martial arts class to help for the street. use its conditioning, fitness and practical functions in the style to help you become better on the street. i've been told this since i was a kid from my dad who used to wrestle and box in his youth. HE got me and my brother into martial arts in order to "defend yourself and your friends on the streets". from an early age he was on to me about being a rounded fighter LONG before UFC/MMA was even around. with that constantly in the back of my mind ive always trained in "to the point" styles for different areas like stand up, grappling and weapons that are SO common place nower days it seems slightly out of kilter to think about it. back then you did one style and weere good at it. he always taught me and my brother that you need to be able to control a fight on the ground as well as being stood up and helped me in my "learning curve" when it came to martial arts and even the whole idea of fighting. my grandad was also a bit of a bareknuckle man from what i know in his youth. told me a secret he did ( leter thread!!!!!!!)
the styles ive work(ed) on and taken what i need from are:-
stand up
boxing
muay thai
JKD/kali silat
kali - weapons

grappling
judo
combat submission wrestling
and some russan martial arts

i've NEVER started a fight as thats the way i've been taught and brought up. but have ended a fair few. now if i didnt learn the things that i have i think i would find it difficult in a real situation but to train in something (pref something functional) and keep fit, will give you a big advantage on the street.

saying that though i've grown up knowing a few people who haven't learned anything formally but are good street fighters. it all depends on the person and "the size of the fight in them".

also i think organised baeknuckle fights, like gypsie fights, take a lot of balls. you have to deal with the slow adrenaline dumps you would get to the run up AND fight infront of other people. in a ring or on a matt with a ref in comp its easy. but in a bareknuckle or street fight your going all out and taking damage!

i do think that while training WILL give you an advantage over the average man with the increase in pop with MMA more and more people are training in combat sports. SO i believe its good to know the "dirty tricks" that you can use in the streets but not in comp or in the ring! (think i'll strat a related thread to that to actually!!!!).

what do you think? sorry if i was waffeling

DT Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
RichardB

Street boxing DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street boxing DVD   Street boxing DVD EmptySat May 23, 2009 3:29 am

The guy with the red shirt would probably be hell to fight if he could get close. The shirtless guy seems to be better at longer range. Infighting Vs. outfighting in other words. Redshirt probably did a lot of gloved boxing, which has tended to emphasize infighting, because of the entertainment value. Shirtless seems experienced, and although not ring-boxing he does appear to have training. Anyway shirtless is just whaling at the guy and redshirt has huge problems getting in range. The only time shirtless gets punched seems to be when he steps too far in. At which point redshirt seems fairly effective.

The stance of shirtless looks a little bit like the Humphries stance in bare knuckle. More upright, weight back. (compare to redshirt's more hunched over, weight forward, boxing stance) Also the little kick shirtless does at about 5:20 has bare knuckle stamped on it. And although I wouldn't call them straight, his punches run straighter then redshirt's, apparently straight punches were the preferred tool in BKB as they were safer on the hands as well as faster and harder to react to and so on. Interesting to watch.

It has a flavor of older BKB flavored boxing Vs more modern glove based boxing. Look at the early glove boxing too BTW. BKB influences were still strong back then. Jimmy Wilde. Jim Driscoll. They stood fairly upright, focused a lot on outfighting. Didn't try to force a KO but "outboxed" their opposition. Bare knuckle demands more care for how the fist is applied. Gloves and wraps let you pound away with a lot more impunity. Like modern heavyweight boxers.

DT

Good points. Having versatile skills is key. At the very least some fundamental grappling and fundamental punching. As those are the main categories. That along with good physical condition and high aggression is probably enough to take most people. Judo is pretty good as a lot of it is stand-up, so you get some overlap. In the end of the day it's less about "styles" than problems and solutions. And there will likely always be a need for some creative adaptation because of that. If you've got something interesting to say, do make a thread.
Back to top Go down
maija
Admin
maija

Street boxing DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street boxing DVD   Street boxing DVD EmptySat May 23, 2009 1:53 pm

Shirtless had the reach for sure - redshirt was in a difficult position, standing in front - really hard to close in that situation.
Very interesting ...who won? Seemed like shirtless was, but then redshirt gets lifted up by the crowd ... guess I missed something? scratch
Back to top Go down
RichardB

Street boxing DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street boxing DVD   Street boxing DVD EmptySat May 23, 2009 2:37 pm

Yeah that was a bit strange.

Some youtuber said:

Quote :
i know it looks like what gypsies do is go in close so no 1 can see whats happening then pick their fighter up in the air as if he's won

On the other hand maybe redshirt got close. One of them hooks could probably knock someone out pretty well. Then again, despite the atrocious video quality I'm pretty sure I can see shirtless standing while redshirt gets picked up.
Back to top Go down
darktim99

darktim99

Street boxing DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street boxing DVD   Street boxing DVD EmptyTue May 26, 2009 6:52 pm

thanks richB i'll do those threads soon.

intresting thing happend on sunday evening which ties in with this perfectly with the whole "US that train and does that dont" vibe.

my mrs went out with her girlies on sunday evening, due to the bank hol monday, and had a good time and came back just before midnight. literally just got in and was getting changed and there is a knock on our door. "weird a knock at this time" i think and open the door. stood there is this guy who has had this mass obsession with my mrs going back before i met her. he is obsessed in a bad way. asks to talk to her and so i enquired who he was. when i heard his name i was like " OOOHHHH! right so this is you is it? right well i'll tell you what im goiung to get her and we're all going to have a chat AND if i think your full of shit im going to fuck you up! that ok?! you stay there!" to which he was going to say something and i just wen" YOU STAY THERE!!!". shut the door and gets the mrs and tells her this idiot is here asking for her and talking shit. as soon as she's at the door he's having a go and shouting about her messing him around and getting into her face. i KNOW for a fact that she dont like him in any way other then an acquantance, a friend of a friend of a friend type thing. and then the "ON!" switch got flicked and i didnt even think. i just grabbed him round the throat and drags him out the garden. intresting things started happening. i started thinking faster and more feeling were he was in reltaion to me, were his hands and feet were, were i was, what was in the street around us, what was he carrying if anything. everything went into "AUTOMATIC FOCUS" and it was THEN i thought "i LOVE my fuckin training!!!!!!". so anyway i just told him he goes near her, talks or even breaths in her direction im dropping him were he stands and i told him i knew were he lived and if all this shit carried on ( i only just found out that he's been stalking her for a few month!!!) his doors going through and i'll kill him were he sleeps! no truer a word was said. i meant every single word and the more angry i got the more focused i became. the more focus i was the more i wanted to hurt him AND i knew i'd enjoy it! that scared me actually as i know what im capable of, as we all do who train for these things, but i kinda loved the idea. anyway, im telling the mrs to go back inside as im going to do this fucker nicely as im dragging him around the corner. but she dont and as our ladies like they're throwing the muth. so i pushed him away and told him to "fuck off or he wont be walking home". he steps forward raising his hands into a fence position sayin he wants to talk. i was like "FUCK I LOVE MY TRAING!!!!" because i was reading him like a book! so i fires up and scream at him "NOT TO FUCK WITH ME! EITHER TALK TO ME OR START THROWING PUNCHES BECAUSE IF YOU COME CLOSER IM GOING TO JAIL!" lol he didnt so i moved on auto pilot and he got a good hiding. i want thinking tho i was just "doing". i was watching how he was moving and picked him to bits.

moral of the story believe in your traing and be confidant in it. prtect your mrs and those you love. and only END things dont start them.

also HE is the average man and i think that for people like us who train for "the street" we can be happy that we CAN control it. BUT never become overconfidant.

DT .
Back to top Go down
thugsage
Admin
thugsage

Street boxing DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street boxing DVD   Street boxing DVD EmptyTue May 26, 2009 10:20 pm

sounds like you healed him, healing ceremonies sometimes work. the world is full of
nutters. may i call you Doctor T.

bounce bounce bounce

i had a similar thing happen over my ex-wife; didn't realize it then but i should have
let him have her all to himself affraid he was banging on the door like a in patient
at the ward, and i just sort of shoved him into a stare well--conveniently located near
her flat. nothing more. partly because i wasn't trying to freak her out. in retrospect i
should have been asking things like, 'how come you know him?'

i'm glad you don't have that problem. in the world of protecting your loved ones, it really
makes the world of difference to love the ones that are in your keep. i can't say my loved
ones would react positively to me issuing a beat-down, but i will say they're worth protecting.
Back to top Go down
darktim99

darktim99

Street boxing DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street boxing DVD   Street boxing DVD EmptyWed May 27, 2009 4:16 pm

hows it going russ?

yeah Dr T is really cool by me. Smile lol there could be some good oneliners off that. "ill give you your medication!"

cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Street boxing DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street boxing DVD   Street boxing DVD Empty

Back to top Go down

Street boxing DVD
Page 1 of 1